A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

The Hills Have Eyes confronts us with the question: Who are the real monsters? The obnoxious city folk? The cannibal hill-dwellers? People that watch Part 2s before Part 1s?
People who wear impossibly short shorts and wave guns around.

I wouldn't mind this if only these people were girls.
The short shorts might distract you from the dangers of the loaded gun...and BLAM-O! R.I.P. pahaK

Victim of The Night
Does the last emoji mean that you summon the devil at the end?
No, if you do the first part right, the devil appears. Were you not paying attention at Orientation?
I mean, it's in the handbook.

Victim of The Night
In all seriousness, is Final Exam worth watching?
Whether it's worth it or not, it is required viewing for this thread.
Sorry.

Victim of The Night
Lots of sass back coming from this secret handshake infidel.

Just accept your doom and watch Final Exam.

Yes, you are also required to like it.

Unironically.

Apex can at last learn the secret Horrorcram handshake.
WARNING: spoilers below
I've been with you for years...and this is the first time I'm hearing about the handshake?

Shouldn't I watch Mid-Term first to go in order?

No such thing. Although it does take place during mid-terms...

WARNING: "Psst" spoilers below
It's on Tubi and YouTube, for the record.

I've been with you for years...and this is the first time I'm hearing about the handshake?
The handshake reflects our group's solid optimism that someday, somewhere, a person might actually agree to social, physical contact with a Horrorcrammer.

This filth is suffocating.

Getting my DVD queue on Netflix ready to go for October. Below is a list of movies that I keep putting off because I don't think I'll like them. Convince me otherwise or tell me I'm right.

(My interest in ghosts and psychological horror has been quite low these past few years in favor of physical threats like slashers, zombies, vampires, and other monsters and creatures.)

The Wailing (2016)
Siren (2010)
Beyond the Black Rainbow
Goodnight Mommy (2015)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Waxwork/Waxwork II (it's one DVD with both movies on it from the '80s)
Mr. Jones
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)
The Gift (2000) Directed by Sam Raimi tho :O :O :O

The trick is not minding
Getting my DVD queue on Netflix ready to go for October. Below is a list of movies that I keep putting off because I don't think I'll like them. Convince me otherwise or tell me I'm right.

(My interest in ghosts and psychological horror has been quite low these past few years in favor of physical threats like slashers, zombies, vampires, and other monsters and creatures.)

The Wailing (2016)
Siren (2010)
Beyond the Black Rainbow
Goodnight Mommy (2015)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Waxwork/Waxwork II (it's one DVD with both movies on it from the '80s)
Mr. Jones
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)
The Gift (2000) Directed by Sam Raimi tho :O :O :O
Of those, I’ve only seen The Wailing (it’s ok, nothing terrible,but nothing great), Beyond the Black Rainbow (hm, wasn’t for me. I know Jinnistan loved it), and The Gift (liked it about the same as The Wailing).
I’d say they, as well as the others I haven’t seen yet, are most likely worth watching regardless.

The Wailing (2016)-- ok
Beyond the Black Rainbow-- liked, but most seem to disagree with me
Goodnight Mommy (2015)-- ok
Mr. Jones -- loved
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019) -- didn't like as much as I wanted to like
The Gift (2000) - pretty good but don't expect it to go Full Raimi

The Wailing (2016)- Masterpiece and the top horror films of the 2010s.*

Beyond the Black Rainbow- Not as good as Mandy. Very atmospheric and oppressive but all in service for a rote pastiche of 80s horror cliches.

Goodnight Mommy (2015)- Also atmospheric but utterly empty. Like the Lodge, it feels at the cusp of being great but didn’t really figure out how to say what it wanted to say.*

Mr. Jones- The only thing I remember about this film is the cover art.*

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)- A fun romp. Paranorman meets Trick R Treat.*

The Gift (2000)- It’s been a while but I liked it a lot at the time, predominately for the performances and Raimi.