Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

First Contact - I think this is the Star Trek movie where Professor Xavier is turned into a Borg. hehe.

The last film watched was Man of Steel. Good film.
Saw it in the theaters. Came away unimpressed. Roommate rented it 2 nights ago and I watched the whole thing again to see if I was wrong. Ended up hating it even more.

Maybe I just don't appreciate Superman but I just don't think they will be able to make a Superman movie that I will like. I guess never say never but it's going be hard.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

My brother and I are watching Happy-Go-Lucky! I love this film I simply love Sally Hawkins in it, and cannot watch her character without feeling happy. If you have not yet seen this film, I highly recommend it - tis a nice easy-going film.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
More Eric Rohmer for me tonight with Claire's Knee

Then my first Manoel de Oliveira film, Francisca. Oliveira has made 12 films since 2000, pretty impressive for a director who just turned 105!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Watching for the first time?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Starting off with something rather light. I've heard these films are incredible so I'm going to check them out starting with the first.

And then later tonight I'll maybe check out some Lynch. Oh yeah! I've never seen Wild At Heart but I hope it's crazy and insane!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've never seen Wild At Heart but I hope it's crazy and insane!
A fitting role for Cage, Wild At Heart is.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

And then later tonight I'll maybe check out some Lynch. Oh yeah! I've never seen Wild At Heart but I hope it's crazy and insane!
Lynch's worst, easily. Haven't seen Dune yet though.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Tonight I will be showing some friends the wonder that is Drive, maybe chased down with Looper (we'll have to see about that last one).

Babel ^^

Tonight I will be showing some friends the wonder that is Drive, maybe chased down with Looper (we'll have to see about that last one).
Oooh, I love Drive. But be prepared: perhaps not all of your friends will enjoy it initially. It really depends on what they're expecting going into it. But I'm sure a quick summary of it can't hurt it any more than the ridiculous trailers for the movie lol.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Saw it in the theaters. Came away unimpressed. Roommate rented it 2 nights ago and I watched the whole thing again to see if I was wrong. Ended up hating it even more.

Maybe I just don't appreciate Superman but I just don't think they will be able to make a Superman movie that I will like. I guess never say never but it's going be hard.
I will be honest. I have only seen Man of Steel film of Superman all the way through. Saw it at the cinema, too. I have seen bits of the others but never all the way through
But I am the same with the Spider-man. The new film just did not do it for me. I have the originals in my mind, and 'The Amazing Spider-man' was just not the same.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
^If you're willing to overlook a fair amount of plot holes and some pretty dated visuals Superman II is much more enjoyable than Man of Steel IMO.