Boy held in evil house/cabin in woods

Tools    

Hi,

It has been several years since I saw this, so my description may not be 100%. I would say it was probably made in the 2000's, maybe late 1990's. A boy finds himself in a cabin, in the woods. As I recall, there is a wall or a circle around the house that keeps out the big bad wolf. The living room remains constant. However, when he opens the upstairs doors, each door opens to a different world or setting. There is a young girl who randomly shows-up in the house. She is like the caretaker for the house. It turns out that she was kidnapped hundreds of years ago and the house keeps her young. She isn't evil, but she works against the boy, and he must convince her to help him defeat the force that is holding him, so he can escape.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you mean the movie with Laraine Newman that's not it. That looks like a comedy, but this is move of a horror movie. No comedy in it. As I recall, the people are primarily two kids. It is more an evil, supernatural, fairytale movie than a drama between people. I think there are some other characters that either die or come and go. I believe it is a very dense woods and there are no other houses. I know it isn't much, but I am straining trying to remember it.

Thanks.

A few additions.
1) It is not exactly a fairy tale, but probably within the twisted fairy tale genre. It may, also, be considered a fairy mild horror movie. It is not really kid friendly, but the main characters are kids.
2) It is NOT animated.
3) I believe it is the wolf outside and kept away from the house by a magical fence or perimeter around the house. However, the wolf is more or less in control, along with the house. The boy can move freely throughout the house and go outside. If he goes beyond the fence, the wolf may get him. The wolf may be gone during the day and he can go outside of the fence during the day. However, he is so deep in the woods, he cannot find his way home. He must be inside of the fence before night or the wolf returns (I think).
4) In the end, he must convince the girl to go with him to defeat the evil that holds them there. It is outside of the fence. I think they may have gotten there by using one of the doors that opens to another scene/world/realm/area, but they may have gone through the fence.

I want to reiterate that the girl appears young, but was kidnapped long ago (I believe a hundred years or more) and is kept young by the house or the wolf. The house may be an inn. The downstairs is normal and unchanging. I think that there is a coocoo clock in the living room that is significant. The house is magical and when the boy opens the upstairs doors, what he finds inside may change. He may find a normal room one time, a dead body the next time, or another world another time. They seem key points.

Thanks.