Xmen or avemgers
50.00%
14 votes
Xmen
53.57%
15 votes
Avengers
28 votes. You may not vote on this poll

It begs to question as to whether or not Mjolnir is magnetic.

While it depends on what lineups you consider for either team (including at exactly what point in time said smack-down would occur), I'd throw my lot in with The Avengers.
I strongly doubt Magneto would be able to do anything to Mjolnir. Even if the hammer was magnetic, there's no way he could control it. (Hulk can't even lift it.) Besides, he's not even technically part of the X-Men, so why would he bother to join this fight?

Xavier is the main figure for the X-Men, and his mental abilities are definitely powerful, but could it really stop the Hulk? Also, I'm sure Tony Stark could build his own Magneto helmet, if he had prior warning.

We should make this more specific. Like actually list each team's members (in the comics, there are several versions of the Avengers and X-Men)
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Hummm... I am agree with Mmmm Donuts....

It begs to question as to whether or not Mjolnir is magnetic.
That was my first thought when I read that post.

Here is what Wiki says: "In Marvel continuity, Mjolnir is forged by Dwarven blacksmiths, and is composed of the fictional Asgardian metal "uru"."

OK. So it is made from a metal but does Magneto have control over Asgardian metal?

^^^

He does in some comics, such as The Ultimates 3

That was my first thought when I read that post.

Here is what Wiki says: "In Marvel continuity, Mjolnir is forged by Dwarven blacksmiths, and is composed of the fictional Asgardian metal "uru"."

OK. So it is made from a metal but does Magneto have control over Asgardian metal?
you are right... But magneto can control thor blud iron..

Lord High Filmquisitor
you are right... But magneto can control thor blud iron..
That only worked in X2 because the guard was injected with a syringe full of iron, dramatically increasing the iron count in his blood to the point where Magneto could manipulate it with his powers.

That only worked in X2 because the guard was injected with a syringe full of iron, dramatically increasing the iron count in his blood to the point where Magneto could manipulate it with his powers.
o.i.c thanks dear... Its new info for me...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well get Mystique to disguise herself as Jane and get Thor wasted on loads of Asguardian ale or whatever, then repeat same trick with injecting loads of iron. Or when he's passed out have Wolverine come along and slice his ****ing head off.

Magneto squeezes Iron Man into human paste.

Professor X takes direct control of Dr Banner and make him think happy thoughts before he turns into Hulk, or take control of Hulk and smash remaining Avengers.

Arrow guy and Scarlett whatever should be easily swept aside without too much hassle. Perhaps have Nightcrawler teleport Arrow guy about 5000 feet up and stand and lol as he falls to his death like the pathetic human he is. Capture Scarlett whatever for some fun back at the mansion. Maybe get Xavier to mind control Scarlett and Storm to perform a bit of erm.....entertainment for the guys HELL YEAH!

Have remaining X-Men point and laugh at Captain pathetic, making him cry for his mother like a little bitch.

Game Set Match to the X-Men.

Case Closed!

Professor X takes direct control of Dr Banner and make him think happy thoughts before he turns into Hulk.

Maybe get Xavier to mind control Scarlett and Storm to perform a bit of erm.....entertainment for the guys HELL YEAH!
Let me see... Gandalf is rooting for the X-men, I think.

But I was thinking that the smarty pants Stark could come up with a new suit made of some amazingly strong plastic and foil Magneto's toothpaste thingy. But then we'd have to call him 'Plastic Man' and that doesn't sound as cool.

And I think Prof X is too lawful good to hurt anyone or make puppets out of the girls.

I think we would have to keep in mind the true characters involved and not just their powers. For example, half way through this thing Magneto could start up with his old buddy Wolverine and suddenly Wolverine has his metal insides ripped out and his remains look like paste.

Just a few thoughts.

Lord High Filmquisitor
o.i.c thanks dear... Its new info for me...
Your previous comment made me believe that you thought that Magneto could just use Thor's existing iron to essentially bloodbend with. I'm sorry, since I was clearly mistaken. Would you care to elaborate / clarify your point, then, for me, since I obviously missed the point?

Lord High Filmquisitor
Well get Mystique to disguise herself as Jane and get Thor wasted on loads of Asguardian ale or whatever, then repeat same trick with injecting loads of iron. Or when he's passed out have Wolverine come along and slice his ****ing head off.

Professor X takes direct control of Dr Banner and make him think happy thoughts before he turns into Hulk, or take control of Hulk and smash remaining Avengers.

Arrow guy and Scarlett whatever should be easily swept aside without too much hassle. Perhaps have Nightcrawler teleport Arrow guy about 5000 feet up and stand and lol as he falls to his death like the pathetic human he is. Capture Scarlett whatever for some fun back at the mansion. Maybe get Xavier to mind control Scarlett and Storm to perform a bit of erm.....entertainment for the guys HELL YEAH!

Have remaining X-Men point and laugh at Captain pathetic, making him cry for his mother like a little bitch.

Game Set Match to the X-Men.

Case Closed!
Poor Black Widow... unless its a covert ploy similar to the beginning of The Avengers, gaining her access to the mansion for sabotage (similar to Mystique in the first X-Men.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Let me see... Gandalf is rooting for the X-men, I think.

But I was thinking that the smarty pants Stark could come up with a new suit made of some amazingly strong plastic and foil Magneto's toothpaste thingy. But then we'd have to call him 'Plastic Man' and that doesn't sound as cool.

And I think Prof X is too lawful good to hurt anyone or make puppets out of the girls.

I think we would have to keep in mind the true characters involved and not just their powers. For example, half way through this thing Magneto could start up with his old buddy Wolverine and suddenly Wolverine has his metal insides ripped out and his remains look like paste.

Just a few thoughts.
Ok so Magneto realises Stark has plastic suit so he picks up a car, flattens it wraps it around plastic man and hey presto....human paste.

As for Proff X, who knows he strikes me as a sort of closet sadist, who knows the things he's got women to do for him over the years, especially hotties like Jean Grey, Storm or Jennifer Lawrence in the early years.

The XMen and Brotherhood have always been best of frenemies at heart so they would unite to destroy the lame Avengers then return to their petty squabbling later.

As for Proff X, who knows he strikes me as a sort of closet sadist, who knows the things he's got women to do for him over the years, especially hotties like Jean Grey, Storm or Jennifer Lawrence in the early years.

The XMen and Brotherhood have always been best of frenemies at heart so they would unite to destroy the lame Avengers then return to their petty squabbling later.
Maybe my image of Prof X was influenced too much by the alter ego Picard (definitely lawful good) but I don't think closet sadist.

I'm thinking half of the X-men would desert and become Avengers right off the bat. (antagonistic side coming out)

Maybe my image of Prof X was influenced too much by the alter ego Picard (definitely lawful good) but I don't think closet sadist.

I'm thinking half of the X-men would desert and become Avengers right of the bat. (antagonistic side coming out)
hummm,,,

Friends i attach some pitchers with this thread.. because when i created the thread i have not enough posts for attachments or link etc.. Know you can check first page

That's a pretty sick poster...

Anyways, it depends on how many X-men and Avengers we're talking about. For example, I don't think Magneto would join this fight.

Hulk and Xavier are obviously the main factors in this fight. If any of the Avengers can get the jump on Xavier before he can do anything, Hulk can pretty much take out any X-Men with ease (except Shadowcat, but she can't do much to stop him anyways).
yes maneto is the main factor.. If he will join the fight then xmen will win easyly.. Otherwise maybe difficult for xmen to win this fight..