Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
I checked out thor: The Dark World over the weekend. It was fantastic fun! It expanded the MCU in a really meaningful way, was sprinkled with a plethora of great Thor / Loki moments (especially the scene where he keeps creating disguises for him and Thor) and was thoroughly entertaining. It was sadly a waste of Chriatopher Eccleston, though. I give it a high 8.5/10 (compared to Thor's low / mid 8).

Lord High Filmquisitor
I also rewatched Juno (8/10), The Exorcist (10/10) and Frankenstein (9.5/10), all of which have held up exceedingly well.

Inspector Bellamy
A stunning, slow French thriller, that creates a beautiful study of humanity. With a great underlining plot, which makes it murky as to who represents who, creating a stunning puzzle once put together.

The New World

I already loved Malick with his previous three films and he seems to be getting better with every film. Some of the most beautiful images ever put in film and a very emotional story as well, and you honestly feel like you're witnessing a "new world". An underrated masterpiece, can't wait for Tree of Life.
5/5

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Make sure to watch To the Wonder as well. Visual masterpiece.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I watched the alternate ending of I am Legend (2007) last night with some friends. The weird part is that the alternate ending is exactly the ending I thought I craved when I saw the theatrical ending before, but now that I got what I wanted I realized that I liked the original ending best after all. Interesting.

Original ending:

Alternate ending:

Pretty good. Some of it was really slow, though. I don't know... maybe less talk and more suspense would have made me like it a lot more. I believe it's one of those movies that will grow on me.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Make sure to watch To the Wonder as well. Visual masterpiece.
Visual masterpiece is basically implied with the name Malick. To the Wonder has many detractors for whatever reason, I think it's great!

The New World

I already loved Malick with his previous three films and he seems to be getting better with every film. Some of the most beautiful images ever put in film and a very emotional story as well, and you honestly feel like you're witnessing a "new world". An underrated masterpiece, can't wait for Tree of Life.
5/5
It's strange to see someone like Malick getting more radical in style as he gets older, it's partly due to digital editing though. I used to think of The New World as weak sauce in comparison to Malick's other works, but I realize now there's no such thing as a minor film in his oeuvre, I love this film more each time I see it.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Pretty good. Some of it was really slow, though. I don't know... maybe less talk and more suspense would have made me like it a lot more. I believe it's one of those movies that will grow on me.
I wasn't a fan of the trial run by the criminals, but I thought that the reat of it was fantastic (especially the abduction of the girl in he beginning of the film).

I just finished watching 42. Ultimately, I agree with the critical consensus: it was an entertaining, inspirational and respectful film, if also too conventional and safe. Harrison Ford stole every scene he was in, too, giving my favorite non Star Wars, non Indiana Jones performance of his career. An easy 7.5/10.

Wings of desire
I should rewatch it because I loved some parts, but others were so boring.

Network
A freaking masterpiece and a new favourite of mine. Mindblowing

Network
A freaking masterpiece and a new favourite of mine. Mindblowing
It's always nice to see someone discovering Network.

Eva
The Bling Ring 5/10
I don't usually like Sofia Coppola. In my opinion she makes really slooow every film (except Lost in Translation, that one is almost perfect for me).
In this case it's almost imposible make the movie slow, but she does. There is no surprises, it's simple and predictable. She wants to highlight the superficial aspect of the society, so she doesn't go deeper.

Don Jon. Witty, raunchy, insightful. Good commentary on the modern male. 4/5.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
The Wolverine 3/4

I give it a three because it is now my favorite of the x men films.

It was visually good, well scripted and acted, Jackman's best IMO and very bloody

The way that this film went makes me excited for all future x-men movies