Bad Grandpa (2013)

→ in
Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Johnny Knoxville plays dirty 86-year old Irving Zisman, who begrudgingly drives his 8-year old grandson Billy across the country to live with his lowlife father.

This plot is used to tie together a bunch of mostly physical gags pulled candid-camera style on real people (ala Borat). The twist is Knoxville, who has a penchant for crashing shopping carts and taking hard shots to the nuts. Add some extreme prosthetics and a remarkably ballsy 8-year old kid and well, you get the idea.

Any comedy movie consisting of gags held together by a simple story will be hit and miss, that comes with the dinner. This one is more watchable than most, due to the chemistry between Knoxville and amazing young Jackson Nicholl, who steals scenes regularly.

This is fairly tamer than you would think, and kind of sweet actually, but if your wife doesn't dig the Three Stooges, or appreciate rubber genitalia (in a movie that is), don't take her.

Four Giant Smiles from me, well worth a night out for some laughs.

This looks like a hilarious movie and i am definitely looking forward to seeing it.