MM King's Best and Worst of the Simpsons

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
MM King , what's your favorite season of The Simpson's if you don't mind me asking? I don't watch The Simpsons, I'm just curious is all.

That's a tough one. Some great ones for me would be seasons 4, 5, and 7.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Bart vs. Thanksgiving

November 20, 1990

On Thanksgiving, Bart’s typical antics end in him destroying a centerpiece made by Lisa. The family punishes him, prompting Bart to run away from home in this special episode.

I think one thing that the Simpsons really excel at is holiday themed episodes, and this one is no exception. This is first Thanksgiving episode that they’ve ever done, and I think they hit it out of the park. It incorporates several themes relating to the true meaning of what the holiday represents: family, forgiveness, and just being thankful for the privileges that we often take for granted. I love the side commentary on homelessness and poverty; I think it’s always important to remember the people who are really struggling right now, especially during a time of giving. Apart from the thematic elements of the episode, it also turns out to be a great Bart-Lisa episode, which is some of my favourite storylines.

Great.