Television Tab

Tools    

Bake Off has just finished, but I loved that and want to mention it because it's brilliant.
It was! I wanted Kimberley to win but really I didn't mind who won this series out of the finalists. I'm sad it's not on now, haven't got anything to watch on Tuesday now except Eastenders.

Wentworth Prison is going from strength to strength. I'm loving that, though I am a week behind.
Can't wait for the final episode, suppose to be fantastic.

It was! I wanted Kimberley to win but really I didn't mind who won this series out of the finalists.
I wanted Kimberley to win, too, but I was very pleased to see Frances win, partly because I think it probably made the most people happy. Did you like Ruby?

That's nice to hear. I always watch these things with my sister (I don't think I'd bother with Masterchef if it wasn't for the fact watching them with her is so much fun) and I had to endure plenty of and mimicing when Ruby was on screen, as well as hearing what a miserable face she had (which I understand because she does ). The only other friend I have who watches it was of the same opinion and neither of them liked Kimberley, either. Smug, apparently.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Let me see, what am I watching atm.

Bake Off has just finished, but I loved that and want to mention it because it's brilliant. Scandal's very good atm, as is The Newsroom, of course. Bates Motel is starting to get interesting, while I'm still not sure about Sleepy Hollow. I feel it might be a bit like Buffy, in that it'll take until its second season to really find its feet and put some real flesh on its characters, if you'll pardon the pun. If it carries on as it is, the question I have to ask myself is, do I really want to watch another Grimm?

Wentworth Prison is going from strength to strength. I'm loving that, though I am a week behind. Just caught up with Homeland and I'm not sure how I feel about it. They're pretty much out there on their own now (as Prisoners of War was only 24 episodes) so what they do with it is their own decision. I don't like the thought of the two main protagonists having separate storylines for the season, so I hope they converge sooner rather than later. .
That's what I'm hoping too. I don't want Brody to be constantly in the grasp of some group or another and I don't want Carrie to be constantly thrown in the crazy house over and over (although I do like where they went with that last episode).

I've seen a couple of episodes of Sleepy Hollow and I didn't like it much. That doesn't mean anything because as I've said many times over and over sometimes it takes quite a few attempts before a series clicks with me. I didn't care much for Buffy at first either. I'm going to hold off on Sleepy Hollow for awhile though and decide if I want to try it again.

I saw a couple of episodes of Heros today. Of course, I was completely lost but it looks interesting enough. I might give that a try.

and I had to endure plenty of and mimicing when Ruby was on screen, as well as hearing what a miserable face she had (which I understand because she does ). The only other friend I have who watches it was of the same opinion and neither of them liked Kimberley, either. Smug, apparently.
I didn't get 'smug' off Kimberley at all and thought all the hate online that Ruby got was horrible. Sad to see such a lovely series can get the online trolls going. But yes, she did have an odd face but to me it came across as daydreaming and dopey.

Thankfully, I watched it with someone who liked all three too.

If you like Eastenders and don't want something spoiled because you have been living under a rock and don't know about it then don't read on.

Last thing I watched was Eastenders, I'm looking forwards to Halloween night as that is leading up to Michael Moon's 'gothic and gruesome' death! Love this actor and was annoyed when he said he was leaving - he's one of the best actors in the show playing more or less a sociopath. Alice is leaving too so I want to see her accidently killed instead of Janine and then Michael to kill himself like his Mother. Wonderful.

Okay, that's the end of the spoiler.

I saw a couple of episodes of Heros today. Of course, I was completely lost but it looks interesting enough. I might give that a try.
The first season of Heroes is worth checking out, though I feel it peaks an episode or two before the last one, but after that you're on your own. I don't think it's too bad after that, it's just that I feel it's carrying on for its own sake.

"Downton Abbey"

"Sherlock"

Caught up with these two British shows in the last few weeks. Great TV, especially "Sherlock".

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
The first season of Heroes is worth checking out,
First season of Heroes was fantastic, after that not so much. It's one of those shows like Lost and I'm starting to fear perhaps Homeland in that it had a great story to tell and should just have ended after 1 or 2 seasons but by trying to stretch it out and introducing more and more twists and turns they just ruined it.

Scandal's very good atm, as is The Newsroom, of course. Enjoying Don't Trust The B and Suburgatory. Elementary. Perception's ok, but I think I'm starting to watch it out of habit now.
Loved this season of The Newsroom. Perhaps an improvement on the 1st season. Just taped the finale earlier, will watch it either later on or tomorrow. Like both those sitcoms, especially Don't Trust the B. I really, really got into Elementary when they re-ran the 1st season so love that it's back. I'm sort of feeling the same as Perception. Was loving it in the 1st season but now that the novelty has gone it's struggling to excite me.

What else am I watching? Under the Dome - not very good but I feel stuck now just waiting to find out all the answers. If someone could just tell me the conclusion right now I would happily never bother with the show again. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is just a whole lot of fun. I really rather enjoy Hot in Cleveland. Not brilliant but I just get a nice cosy feeling from how old-fashioned it feels. And Betty White is a legend! Oh and The Blacklist! Anyone watching that? Only a few episodes in but really liking it so far. It's a solid procedural which I always enjoy with some intriguing elements in the mix as well. And I'm loving James Spader and his character so far, very magnetic and darkly captivating.

Loved this season of The Newsroom. Perhaps an improvement on the 1st season. Just taped the finale earlier, will watch it either later on or tomorrow.
I feel it's better than season 1, too. Like you, I recorded it tonight and will watch it tomorrow.

What else am I watching? Under the Dome - not very good but I feel stuck now just waiting to find out all the answers. If someone could just tell me the conclusion right now I would happily never bother with the show again.
You could easily find out how the novel ended. Of course, it's a Stephen King novel, so badly is probably the answer, as he can't really do endings. Once they go 'past' the source, like Homeland, it'll be out there on its own and God only knows how they'll do it. Speaking of Homeland, having just watched episode 4, I'm a little more positive. Fingers crossed.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is just a whole lot of fun. I really rather enjoy Hot in Cleveland. Not brilliant but I just get a nice cosy feeling from how old-fashioned it feels. And Betty White is a legend! Oh and The Blacklist! Anyone watching that? Only a few episodes in but really liking it so far. It's a solid procedural which I always enjoy with some intriguing elements in the mix as well. And I'm loving James Spader and his character so far, very magnetic and darkly captivating.
I watched the first episode of 'Agents', thought it was ok but have yet to get into an episode since, so I doubt I'll bother with it. I used to like HiC, but I think I missed the second half of season 2 and, therefore, didn't pick it up again. It was already lost by then, though, IMO.

I missed the first episode of The Blacklist but saw the second. It was ok, but I don't feel like I have the time for a programme like that atm. I've dropped By Any Means for the same reason. On the plus side, if you do like it, then it's already been renewed.

The ending of the last Homeland was really good, so think its going to be alright! Clare Danes is so good too.

I was addicted to Bake Off as well. I wanted Frances to win she was so inventive. I suppose I'll watch Masterchef instead now. I do like the professional one.

Hon and Nausicaa are you watching The Walking Dead ? I thought the end of the last series trailed off a bit but this new series had started to get tense again .

Still got the first of the new Boardwalk to watch yet

^ I have had The Walking Dead series 1 on Blu-ray since it came out in America but only watched the first episode so far - I'm rather behind but will get back to it one day. I liked the first episode so will definitely continue it.

Watched the first episode of The Walking Dead, but didn't really like it so I haven't bothered. That accent coming out of Egg's mouth is not right.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I was a fan of the first season of The Walking Dead, but I have lost any semblance of love for most of the characters in the later seasons. I would like to see everyone get killed off except Darryl and Michonne. I really can't stand any of the other characters.

I wish it was more of a zombie survival story and less of a human vs. human drama.

I wish it was more of a zombie survival story and less of a human vs. human drama.
The problem is, you can't bang out season after season of that. It's the same reason Dexter 'evolved' each season.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I feel it's better than season 1, too. Like you, I recorded it tonight and will watch it tomorrow.
So what did you make of the finale? I found it quite strange, felt like it went a bit fanfic at the end. And it felt more like a series finale than a season finale. HBO have renewed the show for a 3rd season but apparently Sorkin is unsure about returning

You could easily find out how the novel ended. Of course, it's a Stephen King novel, so badly is probably the answer, as he can't really do endings. Once they go 'past' the source, like Homeland, it'll be out there on its own and God only knows how they'll do it. Speaking of Homeland, having just watched episode 4, I'm a little more positive. Fingers crossed.
Already thought of that! After just the 2nd or 3rd episode I knew I wasn't going to love it so just tried to find out the conclusion. I found out the way the novel turns out but the makers of the show have said however that they are going a different direction with it. Still got the 4th episode to catch up on to see what all the fuss is about. So how has it progressed with the 5th episode?

I missed the first episode of The Blacklist but saw the second. It was ok, but I don't feel like I have the time for a programme like that atm. I've dropped By Any Means for the same reason. On the plus side, if you do like it, then it's already been renewed.
I think you may have gotten unlucky with that, seem to remember the 2nd ep being perhaps the weakest so far. The last two have been very good I'd say with some very colourful villains. And still loving Spader's performance. When you say renewed do you mean they've ordered a full season or a second season?

So what did you make of the finale? I found it quite strange, felt like it went a bit fanfic at the end. And it felt more like a series finale than a season finale. HBO have renewed the show for a 3rd season but apparently Sorkin is unsure about returning
I felt the same way. It's odd, because I'd been talking to a friend who I'd introduced to the series (she's not seen season 1 yet, so that's her Christmas present this year. ) and she was saying she hoped they ended up together. I said I didn't care, as that's not one of the reasons I watch it, but as I sat there, I thought to myself how happy she'd be with the ending. It did make me wonder about next season, though.

Already thought of that! After just the 2nd or 3rd episode I knew I wasn't going to love it so just tried to find out the conclusion. I found out the way the novel turns out but the makers of the show have said however that they are going a different direction with it. Still got the 4th episode to catch up on to see what all the fuss is about. So how has it progressed with the 5th episode?
Are you talking about Homeland here? I've recorded the 5th episode, but I've yet to watch it.

I think you may have gotten unlucky with that, seem to remember the 2nd ep being perhaps the weakest so far. The last two have been very good I'd say with some very colourful villains. And still loving Spader's performance. When you say renewed do you mean they've ordered a full season or a second season?
The second episode was the one with Isabella Rossellini as someone who was supposed to be helping women out of the sex trade. I did start to watch another one, they were in an underground bunker and he shot one of the henchmen. But I found that I really didn't care about any of it, so I've dropped it.

I've also dropped The Tunnel. I watched the first and had two more recorded, but I've seen The Bridge and I didn't care greatly for it and seeing this version just made me realise that I don't want to watch it all over again. The last series, the third, of Borgen starts soon. Now that I'm looking forward too.

Late to the party, but I wrapped up S1 of House of Cards the other day. Great show. You can always rely on Spacey.
Have you seen the original? I'm a big fan of it. From what I know of the Kevin Spacey version, it's different enough to not really bear much comparison, which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't know if anyone here likes The Indian Doctor, but the new series started Monday. Same as before, it's stripped across the week (2:15pm-3pm) so you've only missed the first episode so far. I don't know if it's on iPlayer or not, but it probably is.

Saw Pippa Black in tonight's episode of Perception. I thought it was the best she'd ever looked, though I doubt it's a coincidence that I thought she looked attractive now he's hit her 30's.