R.I.P. Marcia Wallace / Edna Krabappel

Tools    

Oh my lord! Another actress has left us. R.I.P.

This is a sad day, indeed. Good luck finding a better voice actress for an alcoholic, lazy, desperate, sexually depraved, but caring teacher.

R.I.P
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

They said that Edna's character was going to be retired. So, no more Mrs. Krabappel.

I don't know what's been happening on The Simpsons lately, but last I heard, Flanders was in a relationship with Edna.

Now that Marcia Wallace is dead and they are supposedly going to retire Edna, does that mean yet another of Flanders' women is gonna end up dead? His wife, Maude Flanders, already died on the show years ago.

Poor Flanders! The guy can't get a break. Maybe God is punishing him for his sins?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	479px-ned_flanders.png
Views:	2801
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	11599  

Unregistered User
I don't know what's been happening on The Simpsons lately, but last I heard, Flanders was in a relationship with Edna.

Now that Marcia Wallace is dead and they are supposedly going to retire Edna, does that mean yet another of Flanders' women is gonna end up dead? His wife, Maude Flanders, already died on the show years ago.

Poor Flanders! The guy can't get a break. Maybe God is punishing him for his sins?

He's got a great body though.

The producers of The Simpsons were also talking about killing off a character -- but apparently, they didn't mean Edna.

Maybe they're gonna kill Flanders. It's a way to break up Ned and Edna. Or maybe they'll kill them both. I dunno. Their kids would still be around, though... unless, of course, they kill the whole family in a freak car accident or something. Or maybe the two guys from Funny Games will come to their house.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Watched her on "The Bob Newhart Show", and I still watch "The Simpsons" religiously.

R.I.P.

Wow , it has been a while since I watched the Simpsons. I guess the Skinner Edna thing fell apart.
That was a real shame. The few episodes that focused on their relationship were great. Flanderino and Edna were an interesting couple, but not as good imo.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Maybe they're gonna kill Flanders. It's a way to break up Ned and Edna. Or maybe they'll kill them both. I dunno. Their kids would still be around, though... unless, of course, they kill the whole family in a freak car accident or something.
My guess is that Edna will pack up and leave Ned and Springfield. They could probably squeeze an emotional episode for Flanders out of it, if they're going that route. I think they won't kill him, because he's still a pretty good character.

Why are you still "Mmmk Donuts"?! You need to go and smack a bitch.

I read that a character from The Simpsons will die and it's someone who's won an Emmy for the show.

Marcia Wallace did win an Emmy... but apparently, she's not the person they are saying will die. The guy who does Flanders' voice has not won an Emmy, so it's probably not him.

WARNING: "The Simpsons" spoilers below
One website claims they're gonna kill Maggie, but it didn't sound legit to me. You never know, though. Others speculate that it'll be Grandpa Simpson, which to me makes the most sense and would probably be a really good episode -- the grandpa dies.

If that particular character did end up dying, I could see it being one of the best and most remembered episodes of recent seasons, if they handled it like the "Mother Simpsons" episode.

Also, it's a shame that Harry Shearer hasn't won an Emmy yet. He does voices for Skinner, Kent Brockman, Mr. Burns, Smithers, Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny, Otto Mann, and Wolfcastle. Voice actors earn their money, man.

I remember Marcia Wallace on a couple of episodes of ALF. She played Brian's principal.

In fact, here are those episodes on Hulu:

ALF: Weird Science

ALF: It Isn't Easy... Bein' Green

That was a real shame. The few episodes that focused on their relationship were great. Flanderino and Edna were an interesting couple, but not as good imo.
This is what happens when I stop watching the show