Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

9/10

I personally loved it. I thought it was so much like Shakespeare's prose... it was perfect to me...

Cinematography, costumes, set designs.... majority of the acting was decent.

I guess I loved it because they stuck with Shakespeare's Middle English and did not convert it to today's English. Indeed, it was like watching the play on the full screen.

Oz the great and powerful. 7.5/10

Overall it was pretty good, but it lacked the pizzazz of the original, and was sub-par in the acting department. I like franco, it's just that his acting is a little robotic at times. In general it wasn't cast very well in my opinion; save for the good witch.

I have a craving to watch return to oz and am eager to see the 2014 animated flick "legend of oz".

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
C.H.U.D - 3.5/10

The idea of mutated homeless people running around in the sewers could be really neat but C.H.U.D. is just so ineptly made. Terrible editing and extremely weak sound effects. At least the monsters looked pretty cool. Probably one of the few movies I wouldn't mind being remade.

Gravity IMAX 3D---

The movie was released in India 2 days ago and I saw it in IMAX 3D form today in the theater .

Good movie---will try to write a proper review later . Photography and visuals are truely breathtaking .

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I finally got around to watching The Purge, a movie that I would've watched in theaters had it been playing where I was at. I didn't expect for the movie to be amazing, and it wasn't. The movie had an intriguing concept that wasn't paid justice to by the actual film. An hour and twenty-minutes of annoying characters, albeit some entertaining moments. I'm up for a sequel, but that doesn't mean I think it'll be good.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Purge stunk imo, worst movie I've seen all year. Simply awful.

Finished here. It's been fun.

7.1/10. Pretty interesting, worth a watch. The movie has a very realistic,cold vibe going for it. There are no good characters nor anybody close to being sympathetic.I liked it.

^ I love Persona.

This may be because I'm writing a paper about caveats registered on property titles whilst browsing Movie Forums (and my brain is a bit fried) but unfortunately I don't understand the question

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It seems that if the movie is worthy of a 10 on first viewing even though it avails itself to much deeper meanings and understanding upon further watchings and reflection, then you'd probably think higher of it in the future. Or has it revealed all the first time through?

Oh, I see what you mean. That's a good point and not sure what I'll do. I actually rated it 98/100 so there is a bit of breathing space

I'm not particularly good at picking up what director's are really getting at in movies so if I'm unsure I'll do one of two things. I'll either ignore what they are trying to say and just take it at face value - Last Year at Marienbad was a movie for which I did that ... it was just the story of a dude trying to get a girl to leave her husband told in a whacky way - or I'll actually stop the movie and do some research to see if I'm missing anything. I kind of did both for Persona - just at face value I loved the way it was made, the acting and the story. From a deeper perspective I also read a bit about it but basically decided to assign my own view of what Bergman was getting at.

But yes, upon repeat viewing it could throw my whole rating system into chaos

9/10

I personally loved it. I thought it was so much like Shakespeare's prose... it was perfect to me...

Cinematography, costumes, set designs.... majority of the acting was decent.

I guess I loved it because they stuck with Shakespeare's Middle English and did not convert it to today's English. Indeed, it was like watching the play on the full screen.
I thought this might be of interest to you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24489450