Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Nightwatch with a young James Brolin, Nick Nolte and Ewan McGregor i felt was under rated, especially if not just for mood and atmosphere. Also, Cop Land, with an all star cast of Sylvester Stallone, Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta, Robert DeNiro and all was a under appreciated movie.

There are so many, but I'll list a few that come to mind.

Bicentennial man
Clash of the titans - 2010
Great expectations - 1998
Return to blue lagoon - Is RT's F*^*&n serious....a 0%
The prophecy
Bedazzled - 2000
Rock star
Last of the dogmen - This film was fantastic
Descent 2 _ this was better than the original and they gave it a frikn 52%
Ghost in the darkness - WTF!! RT's gave it a 50%
The thing - 2011

None of these great films deserved less than 80% on the richter scale. It's a shame when movies like Edward scissorhand; which was/is crap gets a 91% or "where the wild things are" receives a 71%........... how sad!!

I liked Scissorhands, but I get what you're saying with the ratings. They can get all over the place.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Descent 2 _ this was better than the original and they gave it a frikn 52%
Why do you think the inferior sequel is better than the original(going by the superior original British release ending that is).

Nightwatch with a young James Brolin, Nick Nolte and Ewan McGregor i felt was under rated, especially if not just for mood and atmosphere.
I recommend the original film too, it's far more creepier.

I just found out that "The Road" with Viggo Mortensen has a box office that's barely higher than the production costs. I found the movie fantastic, but commercially i would not call this successfull.

Monsters. A low budget horror from 2010. Brilliant and orgional.

I'll second SWIMMING WITH SHARKS, MAN ON THE MOON, and ELECTION
Man, Swimming, yeah - I have that on DVD. It was also called The Buddy Factor. I cried my eyes out from laughter first time I saw that. Spacey at his finest. Talk about an absolute b*****d. And didn't poor Dawn get absolutely shafted!!! Loved it. Brilliant ending.

Monsters. A low budget horror from 2010. Brilliant and orgional.
^ Very very low budget, amazing what he created with so little money - I'm looking forwards to seeing what he does with the new Godzilla film coming!

^ Very very low budget, amazing what he created with so little money - I'm looking forwards to seeing what he does with the new Godzilla film coming!
Delighted you enjoyed it as well. It proves, and I wish, these Hollywood jokers would get it, u don't need 5 trillion dollars to make a great film, u just need an imagination and a few quid. Yeah, I'll look forward to this cat's further work until a major studio grab him and smother him with suits. It really was such an original film. I loved the part (won't ruin it for anybody here who hasn't seen it and wants to check it out) when the huge you know what is at the garage. Brilliant film.

I tend to look for low budget Indies these days. Pity Hollywood couldn't make 50 solid movies for a quarter of the budget of a single Transformers 11, or whatever they are throwing out nowadays.

Clash of the Titans? The original was not an unstoppable chain reaction of edited action but a STORY to be unravelled. Even when they copied almost everything they failed in the remake but of course younger generations focus on special FXs not even imagining what will be remade in the future will probably have better FXs... sometimes.

Anyway audiences don't even know Bogart's Sirocco , so where and which film can I be start?

Delighted you enjoyed it as well. It proves, and I wish, these Hollywood jokers would get it, u don't need 5 trillion dollars to make a great film, u just need an imagination and a few quid.
I'm sorry, but you seem to be under the impression that Hollywood give a crap about making good/great films? Profits. Huge profits, not in terms of percentage, but actually huge amounts of money. Hundreds of millions of dollars in profit. That's what Hollywood is interested in making. TBF, they're pretty good at it, too.

I think for how great the film it was, Se7en was pretty underrated.

I think among boxing movies The Hurricane with Washington is a hidden gem for sure.

A lot off films I watch are not english, so although I think they may deserve more recognition from the world they usually were beloved in their homelands.

Empire Records- Truly underrated but absolutely classic!

but now you have my attention
2 films I think could have done with more credit were Bicentennial Man and Lake Placid.

Lake Placid showed how good actors can make a mediocre plot into an entertaining movie as if this film was played by unknown actors it would have been a bad movie channel movie.

I agree with filmtheatre1 - Bicentennial Man I can get into anytime I catch it on tv and it doesn't hold back on ideas for technology.

The Invention of Lying
I found it very entertaining.
Not only entertaining. There's something more going on in this film.

The third third of the film is rom-com ******** though. Still love the movie as a whole, but why, just, why?

but now you have my attention
Chaos - surprisingly good as I thought it was gonna be another Wesley Snipes wage packet.

Next Of Kin - Good Cast

Some Jean-Claude Van Damme Movies -

Hard target
Timecop
Double Impact
AWOL
Death Warrant

Finished here. It's been fun.
Killing them Softly is rather underrated. It's pretty damn good.