Television Tab

Tools    

Ya, I'll probably still get to season two eventually. Atleast the first two episodes. There was just to much going on, for a series. In a movie with one watching from Lynch, I was able to connect concepts. But I guess my long term memory isn't that great, or this wasn't memorable enough, so here I wasn't.

Ya, I'll probably still get to season two eventually. Atleast the first two episodes. There was just to much going on, for a series. In a movie with one watching from Lynch, I was able to connect concepts. But I guess my long term memory isn't that great, or this wasn't memorable enough, so here I wasn't.
There is a lot too take in and I admit at times I felt lost during the first series, there's not many episodes. Watching it a second time is really different as you know what's going to happen and there's loads of little things you don't notice. The second season is much longer, and in the middle section there's a lot of time given to other characters to develop their own stories (although some are very strange/pointless), but I love the 'Black Lodge' storyline that they introduce towards the end, it's proper Lynch weird

Wentworth Prison(just Wentworth in other countries) - I decided to check out this new series from Australia, it's basically a remake series of the 80s Australian series called Prisoner(Prisoner Cell Block H) but they have apparently made it more adult this time around(I've never seen the original series). Apart from the use of slow motion that I don't think fits, I enjoyed the first episode and will be following it.
I loved Prisoner the first time around. It was one of my favs, so I'm looking forward to this. Saw and enjoyed the first episode and have the second recorded. I don't think, so far at least, that's it's more adult at all. It costs more I'd bet and you can show a lot more than you could then, but I don't think it's aimed at a different demographic, unless you want to include fans of the original, of which there are a good few nods to in the first episode.

I did like having Bea come into the prison as a novice and having two other women fighting for top dog. I don't think it'll be too long before Bea's stood at the steam press, though.

That's Lizzie in the background and Doreen can be seen through the steam.

I also liked guessing who the characters were from the original. I think I got all the prisoners as they showed up. Bea was easy, as I'd assume they'd keep her a redhead, as was Franki, who looked exactly as I'd cast C21st Franki. Doreen had a teddy bear, so that was an easy spot for a fan, as was Lizzy, considering her age. The only one I think I got wrong was Miss Bennett, Vinegar ****, as they've completely 180'd her character, though I'm sure the cold hearted bitch will alive as the series progresses. I expect Bea as top dog and Vera as the by-the-book, never turn your back on them for a second, cow we know and love.

Was this in the original series? this is a character coming into the second series of Wentworth:

Joan "The Freak" Ferguson, a sadistic, lesbian prison officer, would be introduced in the second series.

Franky, watch out! - well if she makes it into the second series, she better make it, she's fab!

Yep, The Freak was in the original, too. All black leather gloves, corruption, lesbian and sadism.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Franky, as the actress in the original left very early on, after it became an on-going soap/serial. I'm guessing they'll keep the character, as they'll be able to do what they want with her and, should she leave, they will already have a way of writing her out.

BTW, if you don't want any spoilers, I'd stay away from looking up the original, as they're using a lot of the same characters.

Also, I don't know if you knew the theme or not, but they played it in the first episode of Wentworth Prison. My sister and I started singing along.

Orange is the New Black: Season One

Netflix really wows with this. A stunning show that tells a large magnitude of stories and develops the inmates, and others, as it goes along. The show comes with a certain frustration factor, but it can be looked over with the drama and black humor. Always has twists, and the last five minutes of the episode are always the greatest. Awesome show, can't wait until season 2.

+

Nausicaä - keeping up with What Remains? The house itself is like a brooding presence without any supernatural tones, juist the way you see the outside and the emptiness of the top flat not to mention the disagreeable people living in the flats. David Threlfall is very good too.

^ Yes, watching the whole thing. Definitely get a spooky and creepy vibe from the atmosphere. Who do you think killed her? For some reason I think
WARNING: "WR" spoilers below
Peggy
killed her.

hmm well, so many red herrings!

WARNING: "" spoilers below
most of them are nasty enough - specially the horrible creepy son. Maybe it's Liz and that's why Joe is protecting her

but I dunno really! it's going to be interesting next week.

Are you going to watch that new BBC2 series on Thursday Peaky Blinders?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01fj94w

Yep it's rather tricky to figure out who it is, can't wait till Sunday. I do however think those two in your spoiler are too obvious. I'd find it boring if it turns out to be either, I want to be surprised.

And yes I will be checking out Peaky Blinders.

ha maybe it's all too obvious and

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
it was an accident caused by herself lol

I've been watching Suits lately. Nothing special, but it's good entertainment. And it's still good after 3 seasons.

I'm thinking about starting on Sons of Anarchy. Anyone here can tell me if it's as good as advertised?

I like Suits and agree with your views on it. Have you see White Collar? I feel it has a similar thing going on.

I've only seen the first three seasons of Sons Of Anarchy, because it changed channels over here and I didn't know until it was about 9 episodes into season 4, and I'd recommend giving it a go. The first season and a half, especially, I thought were good. The second half of season 2 is still good, but I thought it became a little fantastical at the end and it finished with me thinking "Oh, no." rather than "Wow! I can't wait for next season."

I like Suits and agree with your views on it. Have you see White Collar? I feel it has a similar thing going on.

I've only seen the first three seasons of Sons Of Anarchy, because it changed channels over here and I didn't know until it was about 9 episodes into season 4, and I'd recommend giving it a go. The first season and a half, especially, I thought were good. The second half of season 2 is still good, but I thought it became a little fantastical at the end and it finished with me thinking "Oh, no." rather than "Wow! I can't wait for next season."
Thanks, man. Haven't seen White Collar, might give that a guy as well then.

I just finished watching The Sopranos.

For me it's the greatest show ever made, by a large margin.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Just finished the second season of Breaking Bad. It is the perfect example of why I will keep trying a show even if I don't like it so much at first. I've seen the first three episodes quite a few times trying to force myself into it because of all the good things I had heard about it. This time I am absolutely hooked and the second season is so very very good.

On the other hand, I am still trudging my way through The Sopranos and it isn't sticking at all. I'm almost to the end of the third season. I don't hate it and I don't have any particular critism of it only that it seems to be the same thing over and over and that I sort of have to remember to watch it.

Watched the first two episodes of Homeland and I'm still fond of it, but I just hope Carrie's storyline doesn't get too repetitive.

The latest season of Project Runway season just ended. The most boring season ever even with those raging wackos they had at the beginning. Michael Kors please come back.

Also watching The Walking Dead but I've been talking about that in the thread.

I just started watching The Wire. I've watched the first two episodes, and it's alright. I definitely don't love it so far, but I'm hoping it gets better.

I've also watched the first eight episodes of Mad Men, which I also don't love, but expect to get better.

People here are forcing themselves through these multi season series just because some fanboys love it. I loved Breaking Bad during it's first couple of episodes and that's why I watched it to the end since I began following it in 2009. If you don't like some series other people tell you it's "best series ever" you shouldn't watch it.

The Sopranos is a typical episodic family drama but it's far superior (for me) than most other ones. It's not the greatest TV series ever made nor one of the best ones I would put it into the second tier of TV. A great problem it has is it's episodic nature.

Let me see, what am I watching atm.

Bake Off has just finished, but I loved that and want to mention it because it's brilliant. Scandal's very good atm, as is The Newsroom, of course. Bates Motel is starting to get interesting, while I'm still not sure about Sleepy Hollow. I feel it might be a bit like Buffy, in that it'll take until its second season to really find its feet and put some real flesh on its characters, if you'll pardon the pun. If it carries on as it is, the question I have to ask myself is, do I really want to watch another Grimm?

Wentworth Prison is going from strength to strength. I'm loving that, though I am a week behind. Just caught up with Homeland and I'm not sure how I feel about it. They're pretty much out there on their own now (as Prisoners of War was only 24 episodes) so what they do with it is their own decision. I don't like the thought of the two main protagonists having separate storylines for the season, so I hope they converge sooner rather than later. House Of Lies is ok and might be starting to mix it up a little with the main group. Again, I'm an episode behind with that. Enjoying Don't Trust The B and Suburgatory. I've also started to watch Hollywood's Best Film Directors on Sky Arts. Pleased to have The Paradise back, I love that programme, as well as Only Connect, Inspector Montalbano (after enjoying The Young Montalbano, also), Gogglebox and Elementary. Perception's ok, but I think I'm starting to watch it out of habit now. I still like it, though, so I'll continue for now. I'm going to love my Sunday evenings for the next month, too, as Karl Pilkington's back. He's already floored me with his declaration that his nose has higher standards than he does and that Suzanne has too much skin for her bones.

Other than that, it's the usual Neighbours, HIGNFY, Mock The Week... Again and QI and I have both Masters Of Sex and The Tunnel to start.