Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hmm....

To me 'to each his own' is indeed true, but kind of cowardly, as it's very often used to slip away from the discussion.
I don't even know what that means. You're asking me what part of a movie is not realistic, and I'm giving you an example. I'm not sure what other movies have to do with it, when I'm giving an opinion on one specific movie. I didn't believe it and I didn't like it. My feelings are not something that can be disputed.

I've still not seen it, but I'm looking forward to it. It picked up a bunch of awards at the Creative Arts Emmy's over the weekend. It's a shame it was considered 'too gay' for the US as, from what I've heard, I think Oscar acting noms would've been heading towards both Douglas and Damon, as well as Costume, Art Direction and Script.
It was 2 hrs long and i wasn't bored once

Devils Pass
(2013)

What starts off as an interesting Blair Witch style mystery soon turns into a bargain basement CGI festival. It's such a shame because the first half was quite good.

Finished here. It's been fun.

6.3/10. It's filled with stunning visuals, and it's rather hypnotic and interesting. Watch but with caution. It's rather polarizing. It reminds me alot of Only God Forgives.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It reminds me alot of Only God Forgives.
Yeah, Only God Forgives and even Malick-type movie for the offscreen commentary thingy.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Blazing Saddle (1974) - 6.8/10. Was brilliantly funny. Except the slapstick ending.

The Castle (1997) - 7.2/10. Was really impressed by this one. Quite a good movie and is quite under-rated and not mentioned too much!

The Jerk (1979) - 6.5/10. The movie had its moments, sometimes felt just too silly. But a decent watch.

The Castle (1997) - 7.2/10. Was really impressed by this one. Quite a good movie and is quite under-rated and not mentioned too much!
Nice Iconic Australian movie. My brother still quotes it at every opportunity: "Teel him he's dreaming" and "how's the serenity?".

jesus, how many movies has The Rock been in this year?
I rather he just stick to wrestling, where he's an icon and a legend. In the acting world, I don't see anything there for him.

Is there more money in acting or what?

I rather he just stick to wrestling, where he's an icon and a legend. In the acting world, I don't see anything there for him.

Is there more money in acting or what?
As a huge wrestling fan I prefer him as an actor than in a wrestling ring haha

Nice Iconic Australian movie. My brother still quotes it at every opportunity: "Teel him he's dreaming" and "how's the serenity?".
My god... I loved it!

You dont have ________ in bankok!

Forgot the name of lakeside home!

My god... I loved it!

You dont have ________ in bankok!

Forgot the name of lakeside home!
Bonnie Dune

I'm not sure it was Terrence Malick impersonation so much as Soviet Montage and French New Wave influences.
Maybe, but the pseudo-religious tones and that quiet meandering camerawork was pure Malick. I mean, Upstream and tree of life would make a perfect double feature, if not a bit redundant.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Maybe, but the pseudo-religious tones and that quiet meandering camerawork was pure Malick. I mean, Upstream and tree of life would make a perfect double feature, if not a bit redundant.
It's possible that I associate Carruth as being more of the rigid intellectual, which makes sense with his past film and his past work as an engineer (I forget what kind) like Eisenstein and the likes of montage and Godard and the New Wave's critics turned filmmakers. He's also said that in preparation he did what he called "the really pretentious thing, which was to watch a bunch of French New Wave." Malick seems to have disorienting films because he's looking for something in them while making them, trying to find some truth in the raw footage he's captured, whereas Carruth's seem to be confusing by design.

Side Effects=C+