Elysium

Tools    

Elysium is basically a 109-minute trailer, really disappointed. Oblivion was much better.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope this does well so the Director can do the sequel to District 9, this would be amazing

I also want to see this as it looks awesome.

i think its the blockbuster of the year .

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably the film of the summer, but that's not saying much in a summer of disappointments. Was lacking the brilliance of District 9 but enjoyable nonetheless.

7/10

Sounds like Logan's run and Island combined. Gonna watch this tonight and get back

Elysium is basically a 109-minute trailer, really disappointed. Oblivion was much better.

really? Opposite view entirely to mine! I thought Oblivion was pretty tedious, whereas Elysium was much more exciting - a bit clunky on the old medical services being only for rich people , but hey that's how it is in a lot of the world even now never mind in the future. Great baddie too in Sharlto Copley

really? Opposite view entirely to mine! I thought Oblivion was pretty tedious, whereas Elysium was much more exciting - a bit clunky on the old medical services being only for rich people , but hey that's how it is in a lot of the world even now never mind in the future. Great baddie too in Sharlto Copley
Yes, Oblivion was slower and had less action, but it was a very cool experience. Elysium, on the other hand, has just too much action, and this is what made it tedious for me. I got bored halfway through, honestly. I liked the scenes that took place on the Elysium, but more than 70% of the movie takes place on Earth and there's just so much action in the movie. The excessive action and the typical combination of action sequences with annoying action music make the movie look like a very long trailer. I liked the idea, but the movie simply failed to deliver.

Yes, Oblivion was slower and had less action, but it was a very cool experience. Elysium, on the other hand, has just too much action, and this is what made it tedious for me. I got bored halfway through, honestly. I liked the scenes that took place on the Elysium, but more than 70% of the movie takes place on Earth and there's just so much action in the movie. The excessive action and the typical combination of action sequences with annoying action music make the movie look like a very long trailer. I liked the idea, but the movie simply failed to deliver.
I see where you're coming from, sometimes too much action zones me out too, but Elysium kept me on the edge of my seat.

I liked the drones in Oblivion they were really cool, but overall it dragged for me

Have to agree to differ

Watched Elysium last week. Was actually better than I expected. Not great but entirely watchable.

Watched Oblivion the week before - it wasn't very good. For me the difference is largely the stars. Damon is growing on me as an actor and is capable of delivering a performance with vulnerabilities (which may not be acting as such - just him being him). Cruise is incapable of playing anything other than a hero these days I'm afraid. He used to be a fine actor but now it's all about him rather than the character.

Elysium was 7/10 and Oblivion 4/10 IMO.

i realy like this movie .mat damon was just a great

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Saw this last night - The effects were very good, I liked the drones, ships, tech stuff and weapons. The concept itself in raw form was good-- poor suffering people on a planet vs rich people on a space station with access to high-tech medical stuff. Pretty good crazy tactico-villain too. The way these elements were strung together bothered me a bit, very hollywood, as if they were chasing a summer blockbuster spot. Didn't feel much emotion for any of the characters, and I wished it was a bit smarter. Just ok for me.