Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

→ in
Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
So, Kong took up the chance to see the second Charlie's Angels film last night, and he wasn't dissappointed. That's not to say that Kong actually liked the film, but that the film wasn't any worse than Kong expected. What was Kong expecting? Just a rehash of the first installment with a couple new faces, and costumes.

Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lui, and Drew Barrymore once again compromise the crime fighting trio known as Charlie's Angels, and once again they prance about in tight-fitting, stylish outfits while karate chopping fauxhawked fiends. Some would say that this is simply harmless fun, and, to a point, it is. The problem with the film is that its transparency can only last for a few scenes; it's not long before we notice that the "fun" is little more than a veil covering up a gaping void in the film's storytelling. Worse yet is that McG, the movie's director, knows this. He realizes the visceral excitement lacks tension, the convoluted plot lacks intrigue, and that much of the humor lacks originality but McG doesn't care. He is apathetic to these things. The idea is that sex appeal and style are enough to entertain, and that these qualities don't need a strong foundation to hold them up. For some viewers this might be true, but for Kong it's not.

If Charlie's Angels were told in a clever way and with a plot that was, at the very least, interesting, it might hold up. Unfortunately, the film's contrivances and convolutions end up weighing heavier than its other qualities and the film progresses from slightly amusing absentminded eyecandy to tiresomely absurd Martix wannabe action and finally to aggravatingly shallow nothingness disguised as fun under the auspices T&A.

** of ****

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I dunno. I enjoyed the movie. Very fun. I loved Crispen Glover as The Creepy Thin Man. Sure, not much is original, but it was a really fun movie.

!!!!!!Spoilers!!!!!!

I thought Demi Moore did pretty well as the villian.

Loved Bruce's cameo.

I found the Creepy Thin Man/Drew Barrymore scene to be really really suprisingly touching.

The one thing I wasn't crazy about though was the killing of The Creepy Thin Man. (Maybe they'll find some way to bring him back....I hope.....).

Over all, it was fun, and the action was well done (if not over done in a few scenes).

I'm trying to get out of giving movies specific ratings, and simply going into if I liked it, (goodness is taken into account), but I'll do it this last time as, hopefully, my farewell to number ratings.

*** out of ****

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Spoilers!!!

I have to agree with you about the Drew and Creepy Man part...it was nice.

I enjoyed the movie. It didn't seem that long to me...plus it was at the drive in's and i saw The Hulk before (and that was long). But Demi really wasn't in it as much...anyone else notice that?

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I noticed that too. What she was in thought she did great.

Really, no one other than the Angels had a whole lot of screen time. There were just many, many secondary characters who they interacted with.

I liked the use Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting (even if it was a re-make) in the final battle/car chase.

Also: Does anyone have any opinions on whether the Thin Man is dead for real, or if they'll bring him back for a third. I hope they do, but I have my doubts.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Thin man's probably dead, but I'D like to see him in the inevitable third Charlies Angels. This movie was just cool. It's like they took all of the things that circle around my brain on a regular basis (Explosions, kung-fu, 80's metal, Drew Barrymore ) and put them up on the big screen. That Irish guy with all the tats was quite the bad-ass. Who is the actor? (and I loved that the Irish gangsters were all wearing punk t-shirts: The Germs, the Ramones....Very cool touch.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The First Movie Sucked A Fat One , Why They Made A Sequel I Don't Know , I Whould'nt See It If Ya Paid Me

wait a minute...oops...charlies angles 3 is mass produced crap meant to sell and nothing else. what a waste of time.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I went to see Charlies Angels 2 last night and I wasn't disappointed. But there was something wrong with the so-called Irish man, this problem was the fact that he had a Scottish accent. This movie is full of stunts that might blow you away but I'm not promising anything and there isn't much of a story in it so I have to give it out of

Lets put a smile on that block
Saw this yday with Sis and its absoloutly brilliant.
Anyone who sees this film trying to take it seriously has their head screwed on wrong, its an absoloutly outrageous film.

Its funny, it looks good, it sounds good and its fun to watch. they just try and make it as cool as possible. i even noticed in this new film that they had a fake sky the whole the time so it was blue and highlighted the girls whenevr they were outside. I for one am a big fan of the charlies angels films. Creepy thin guy was hilarious in this film and they seemed to have made him more monstrous here than he was in the last one. Plus carrying on such things as the out-takes, Diaz's dance, and charlies intro to the girls at the beginning of the film once again made it that little bit more quirky.

The only thing that did annoy me was the absence of Bill Murrey. He was hilarious as Bosley in the last film and Berny Mac (Or whatever his name is) justs didnt do as good a job in my eyes. Over all though an awsome fun, feel good movie. :Yep:

out of

The Irish tattoed guy was a reference to Di Niro's cape fear. Even the music was the same. The moive was great. There are lot of referneces to other films in this one.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Saw this yday with Sis and its absoloutly brilliant.
as brilliant as meat on a stick

they just try and make it as cool as possible.
or they try to make it sell as much as possible, you know, whichever makes more money.

i even noticed in this new film that they had a fake sky the whole the time so it was blue and highlighted the girls whenevr they were outside.
WOW! THAT'S GENIOUS!

The only thing that did annoy me was the absence of Bill Murrey.
yea, that's what we need more of, bill murrey. good call.

out of
more like out of (wont let me paste anymore ups. damnit.)

this movie sucked.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by akSADDAMak
as brilliant as meat on a stick

or they try to make it sell as much as possible, you know, whichever makes more money.

WOW! THAT'S GENIOUS!

yea, that's what we need more of, bill murrey. good call.

more like out of (wont let me paste anymore ups. damnit.)

this movie sucked.
OK SO you didnt like the film.
YOUR CHOICE.

But dont even try and sound cool by ripping the ***** out of my post you loser, just becuase you didnt like what i thought about Charlies Angels.

People get to express their opinions about films on this board and thats simply what i was doing. Maybe you should be doing that instead of expressing your opinions about what i think.....

But then again maybe you only have opinions on what other poeple think. Sad really.

CHARLIES ANGELS ROCKS!!!

Do you know my poetry?
I think this movie is just HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!This looks like a movie made out of maxium magazine, what's the point, it's just girls in strip clubs.WOW, Girls having fights with bad versions of the Matrix style, and I completely hated this movie and hope more people like me also hated it!

Ezikiel, straight on man.

But dont even try and sound cool by ripping the ***** out of my post you loser, just becuase you didnt like what i thought about Charlies Angels.
I wasn't "trying to sound cool by ripping the ***** out of your post me loser", I was just expressing my disagreement with your completely simple vanilla opinion.
Maybe you should be doing that instead of expressing your opinions about what i think.....
Uhm, last time I checked, a discussion board is for discussion, not just random postings and then ignoring the board.
But then again maybe you only have opinions on what other poeple think. Sad really.
notice my last line. 'the movie sucked'. Oops. An opinion (fact?) that's not only of what other people think. You lose.

Ezikiel, straight on man.

I wasn't "trying to sound cool by ripping the ***** out of your post me loser", I was just expressing my disagreement with your completely simple vanilla opinion.
Uhm, last time I checked, a discussion board is for discussion, not just random postings and then ignoring the board.

notice my last line. 'the movie sucked'. Oops. An opinion (fact?) that's not only of what other people think. You lose.
Your opinion is appreciated, but your crass manner of responding to other people's opinions isn't.

Originally Posted by Kong
Your opinion is appreciated, but your crass manner of responding to other people's opinions isn't.
Trust me, in one ear...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Do you know my poetry?
Finally someone agrees with me, thank you akSADDAMak.
Someone else also think this movie is pure sh*t, everybody I know loved this film, I'm all what's to love about this stupid movie?

I guess it all boils down to whether you can appreciate a movie that is entirely tounge in cheeck. It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's not even supposed to be believable, just fun. If you didn't have fun watching it, then go see Raising Victor Vargas. Much better.

Originally Posted by Kong
but it's SO much more fun.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's not even supposed to be believable, just fun.
actually, not even that. it's just supposed to be mind numbing bull**** that you can watch and pretend that you're not thinking of ****ing someone. it's just more bull**** made for you to forget that you're an apathetic son of a bitch or that you overpaid $200 for a pair of ****ty shoes because spineless mother ****ers like you are too much of a pussy to actually examine issues and realize that the reason you even paid $200 in the first place is because of the same corporate sweatshop bull**** that you don't care about in the first place.

all in all, it's exactly like the last 4332672257643 bull**** movies that only insispid douches with completly smooth brains enjoy.

i hope that wasn't too harsh or anything. it's just my opinion.

but it's SO much more fun.

actually, not even that. it's just supposed to be mind numbing bull**** that you can watch and pretend that you're not thinking of ****ing someone. it's just more bull**** made for you to forget that you're an apathetic son of a bitch or that you overpaid $200 for a pair of ****ty shoes because spineless mother ****ers like you are too much of a pussy to actually examine issues and realize that the reason you even paid $200 in the first place is because of the same corporate sweatshop bull**** that you don't care about in the first place.

all in all, it's exactly like the last 4332672257643 bull**** movies that only insispid douches with completly smooth brains enjoy.

i hope that wasn't too harsh or anything. it's just my opinion.
You are acting like an idiot. And a hypocritical one at that.