Mr Minio's Top 185 Films aka I bet you haven't seen it!

→ in
Tools    

I've seen Se7en, Pi, and Moon so far. Like 2/3. As expected a unique list

Yea an argument could be made for LOTR because it was all filmed at the same time and is basically a continuous story whereas Lethal Weapon is one successful film with a few sequels on the back of that success.

What's next? The James Bond series?
I agree with you on that. Film series like Lethal Weapon shouldn't be put as a single movie.

Let the night air cool you off
Mr. Minio makes the rules in this thread. If he wants to lump together the Twilight Saga, he can do it. If he wants to put the Michael Bay discography as a single entry, it's his prerogative. This is a Mr. Minio world, you all are just living in it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Mr. Minio makes the rules in this thread. If he wants to lump together the Twilight Saga, he can do it. If he wants to put the Michael Bay discography as a single entry, it's his prerogative. This is a Mr. Minio world, you all are just living in it.
Well why didn't Mr Minio just call it his to 215 films t cater for all the series of films.

Let the night air cool you off
Well why didn't Mr Minio just call it his to 215 films t cater for all the series of films.
Once again, he makes the rules. Consider him an unreliable narrator if you choose, though it won't change the way he rules over his domain. Though, the borders are open in his kingdom.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Once again, he makes the rules. Consider him an unreliable narrator if you choose, though it won't change the way he rules over his domain. Though, the border are open in his kingdom.
I simply think its a fail anytime someone does it. Here's my top 100 and at number 95 we have ALL the movies of Pixar (someone actually did that). That's like 10 different movies with different stories being logged under 1 choice.

Yes it's his list and he can do whatever the **** he likes and haters like me be damned. I just think it degrades a list. Part of choosing a best film list is making tough choices and picking a load of films under 1 banner just seems like a copout.

Anyways not going to argue this further, I just don't like it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Just regard the "Lethal Weapon Series" as the first part, if you like. It's the best one in my opinion. Stop the whine. I'll include Transformers as number one if I like.

170. Kladivo na čarodějnice

Another witch trial movie that perfectly shows how preposterous they were.

Krišana

It's so similar to the works of Béla Tarr that many people would probably be really confused to find out it wasn't made by him.

168. Lawrence of Arabia

"What a bunch of mainstream crap!"

167. Yuri's Day

Redheads! Redheads everywhere!

166. Siberiade

A four-hours-long epic from USSR!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I simply think its a fail anytime someone does it. Here's my top 100 and at number 95 we have ALL the movies of Pixar (someone actually did that). That's like 10 different movies with different stories being logged under 1 choice.
Personally, I was just enjoying the irony that the Superman guy is going to have 3 more films than Tarkovsky or whoever on this list. Just admit it, Minio, Richard Donner's your favorite auteur...

I'm expecting to have heard of about one film per set.

Richard Donner's your favorite auteur...
Sure, only inferior to Stephenie Meyer.

165. Baraka

Since I love contemplation, it comes naturally that I loved this contemplative piece.

164. Ostrov

The movie has this mystical vibe to it many Russian films have.

163. Maborosi

It's nearly unbelievable how sad and touching this film is being so minimalistic and transquil.

162. Wilcze Echa

Pretty badass Polish ostern that sometimes felt like a good Spaghetti.

161. The Dawns are Quiet Here

A group of ladies kicking Nazi butts - Russian style!

Always wanted to watch Siberiada because of the soundtrack. Do you think I would like it?

Also can you give IMDB link for Ostrov?I don't know which one is it.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Liked or loved every film I watched among these. Plan to watch the others.

I might plan to watch A Separation these days. Also, Moon is quite powerful but the most powerful science fiction movie I ever watched is PMMM the film version.
Guap totally just got bought out by the PMMM advertisers and is now required to post about it at every opening.

Wait, isn't Baraka that guy from Mortal Kombat, with blades coming out of his wrists? What's that monkey doing there?

Just kidding...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Always wanted to watch Siberiada because of the soundtrack. Do you think I would like it?
Hard to say, but it's a great movie.

Also can you give IMDB link for Ostrov?I don't know which one is it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851577/

Next positions tomorrow.

Guap totally just got bought out by the PMMM advertisers and is now required to post about it at every opening.
Sorry about that. Anyway I should stop talking about it since it makes me want to watch it again.