Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Professional Movie Reviewer
GI Joe Retaliation! I loved that movie! I guess not a lot of other people did though...

Finished here. It's been fun.
Detachment. I saw it today. It was brutally honest and realistic. It's not your typical teacher goes to a classroom and fixes everything type of movie. It just felt harsh and real.

I think that The Exorcist 3 is a rather underrated horror flick. I mean obviously it's not as good as part 1 but i think it's a very atmospheric,dark and genuinely creepy little film.

but now you have my attention
Bolier Room
Wild Things (Had great twists behind all the boobs and lesbian kissing)
Men Of Honor
Lost Souls

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
"Equilibrium" is a great movie. Also I love "The Last Dragon"

Considering that it's directed by Robert Rodriguez, who also directed the From Dusk Till Dawn and co-directed Sin City, El Mariachi was overshadowed by his more successful films.
More successful but ultimately lesser films. (except sin city)

+1 equilibrium, galaxy quest

Oblivion, I don't know how this movie has a 55 on metacritic.
Trance, also a 60. Deserves more on style alone.

For recent movies

Snitch - More than just a Rock action movie. This movie focuses on character development and creates great tension throughout. There isn't much action in the movie at all, to be honest. It is realistic, and The Rock shows off his acting skills greatly. Watch this.

Pain & Gain - Another Rock movie. This was pretty hilarious. Pacing is great for a long movie. It is over the top, and glorious in doing so. I was pleasantly surprised after watching this, it is brilliant.

I really liked and didn't understand the critics of:
-Gattaca
-Equilibrium
-Sleepers
-Screamers

idiocracy

Not the most well put together film, but too many great satirical jabs in there to miss watching. some of the little details such as the decals and signs are the best parts.

Bringing Down the House. A comedy from about 10 years ago, but I laugh every time I rewatch it.

Very underrated this year...

Much Ado About Nothing
The Wolverine
Oz: The Great and Powerful
The Last Stand

The Invention of Lying
I found it very entertaining.