New DVDs

Tools    

After a couple light weeks (only picked up two new titles this week: The In-Laws and The Mission), next week is one of those absolute killers. I've already ordered or will be picking up next Tuesday...Adaptation, Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, "Cheers" season one, 25th Hour, Max and The Hot Rock. That's a lot, even for me...and I clearly have a problem. Then the following week is "Homicide: Life on the Street" seasons one & two, Throne of Blood, Talk to Her and The Pianist. And of course, this doesn't even include the constant stream of R2 and R4 titles I'm incessantly ordering.

I swear, sometimes I think it'd be cheaper if I were addicted to crack. At least with that, at some point you either get arrested or die, putting an eventual ceiling on your spending. I just keep acquiring more, and more, and more DVDs. I'm beginning to scare even myself.

Not so scared I'm gonna stop, mind you.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Maybe if your DVDs came to life and tried to eat you with the teeth they could grow from the opening of their cases.

Holden, I love The Mission, it's one of those movies made by a mega-star that's seemingly forgotten. Great stuff! I too love Insomniac. When the show came to Portland, I tried getting on it, but alas....
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A novel adaptation.
Adaptation:Superbit.

My birthday is arriving soon, so I expect a wealth of new DVD's on the way.

Adaptation here as well. It's not a bad DVD. It needs audio commentaries though. I liked the menus. Liked how Nic Cage's filmography shows a closeup of his man boobies. Glad they used the shot of Meryl holding her feet up several times because I like the shot. Like the ants the appear crawling on her feet - I thought I had a real ant on my screen at first!

For fun, slow-mo the car crash scene (when Laroche's mom dies). You can see dummies of the uncle and mom in the backseat -- they look hilarious.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Liked how Nic Cage's filmography shows a closeup of his man boobies
SC-

Monsters Inc...KITTY!!!!!
SORORITY BOYS
JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKES BACK-'he loves the COCK!!"
40 DAYS and 40 NIGHTS-"She's filled with warm buttery goodness"

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

A novel adaptation.
The Good The Bad And The Ugly
Terminator 2: Extreme Edition

I'll have to get around to listing all the other new ones in my collection, but it's been a week or two and they've kind of blended in with the crowd.

The epic 1956 classic Giant 2-disk set, and the Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin comedy All of Me.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just got Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4 box set....

I LOVE this so damn much! It has, of course, the "Silent Episode," as well as some of the best director's commentary I've ever listened to (from Buffy Creator Joss Whedon. Listening to the commentary for the episode "Restless" is like a mini film-school....). seriously, I am a Buffy fanatic. I haven't watched anything else since buying this. (It's six discs! ) and yes, I almost cried like a damn woman when Oz lost his girl to....another girl. But then my love for all things Amber Benson took over, so It's cool. mmmm...Amber Benson....

Gotta get around to watching the DVD of Castle in The Sky I just bought sometime soon, too.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Had a splurge last week-

SPIRITED AWAY
THE HUSTLER
ANIMATRIX
WESTWORLD
TIME AFTER TIME
BRAINSTORM (alreday got Strange days and Videodrome)
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

It was beauty killed the beast.
Good stuff coming out on June 24th folks!

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
Lost in La Mancha
Night and Fog
Punch-Drunk Love
Hiroshima Mon Amour
The Hours
I Fidanzati
Il Posto

I just picked these up....

A Better Tomorrow II
The Matrix
The Animatrix
Chasing Amy (criterion)

I must become Caligari..!
Just got Ture Romance, Jackie Brown and Pulp fiction box set as a pressie from my mum
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

My life isn't written very well.
I've added Peter Jackson's gorefest Dead Alive, Wes Craven's Last House on the Left and Tool Box Murders to my shelf. I have recently had a craving for 70's horror--it seems. as of late, they are more readily available on DVD.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

A novel adaptation.
Human Nature
Great film, pretty bare bones DVD.