Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Hell Baby (2013) 7/10

Its a comedy from the creators of Reno 911!

It basically spoofs the haunted house horror movies without actually being "found footage".

The film is very funny from the begining and the movie delivers laughs through most of the movie in spot on times.

I dropped a few stars because i thought some of the characters fell short (dangle and junior from reno should of had more a pressence in the movie)
also i think the end of the film kind of fell flat.

I would recommend the film to anyone.

About a month ago I watched Dr. Strangelove for the first time, and I just didn't get it. After my second viewing not only that I appreciate it a lot more, I also think it's one of Kubrick's best.

For me it's George C. Scott who steals the show as General Turgidson - he's brilliant in pretty much every scene he's in. "Ten to twenty million killed, tops!", he says, as if he was referring to anything but human lives. My favorite line in the movie, by far.

Unregistered User

About a month ago I watched Dr. Strangelove for the first time, and I just didn't get it. After my second viewing not only that I appreciate it a lot more, I also think it's one of Kubrick's best.

For me it's George C. Scott who steals the show as General Turgidson - he's brilliant in pretty much every scene he's in. "Ten to twenty million killed, tops!", he says, as if he was referring to anything but human lives. My favorite line in the movie, by far.
thats probably my favourite line also. I actually laughed out loud in work as i just read that.

Watched Blood Diamond yesterday Bru!

Still a great watch!

8.1/10.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
We watched 'Meeting Evil' last night and its a decent film with another solid performance by Samuel L. Jackson.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

I watched 'Maniac' tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought Elijah Wood was great in it, he played the psychotic character brilliantly well. Its also a very suspenseful gory film. Some of the deaths were just gruesome. A film doesnt have to be over the top with the amount of gore or elaborate deaths like in some other horror/gore films. Sometimes its the simplicity of a man with a knife that is the most scary. I loved everything about this film, from the first person perspective right down to the music. This is going to become a cult classic and rightly so IMO. If you like 'Psycho' like films where the main character is fighting demons and savagely killing people, this film is for you. I highly recommend it.

This is my review of the film.

Drive 9.5/10 It was as good as I remebered it to be artistic, visually stunning and a great character study.

Se7en 9/10 I liked it better than at my 1st viewing. The revealing at the end makes the film and there is a lot of tension.

Say Anything 5/10 Bland, boring, I simply didn't care for it.

Taxi (original french one) 8/10 really good action comedy !

28 Days Later 7/10 It was good, but not more than that. The beggining is horrible it took me 15 minutes to get in the film. The thing I like was that I was always on the edge of my seat because there is always a chance that a zombie would attack

Yeah this movie does take a few viewings to appreciate. Glad you like it!

On the outside looking in.
Raging Bull 8/10 Great Scorsese film.

Why the low rating?

On the outside looking in.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY

Not top drawer Pixar by any means, but a charmer and still a heck of a lot better than most of the junk released this summer. Out of four: ***1/4

Wallis Fikle Generator
Just watched World Trade Center tonight. It is honestly the only movie that I cried through.

Multiple times.

When you watch this move (Since its a must) if you dont get teary-eyed, your heartless. I understand that most wont watch it because its a very disturbing and controversal topic, but it shows more in depth of what the police officers and their families went through. There are 2 scenes in the movie that in my opinion Need To Be Taken Out! I will explaine further in PM's, no need to spoil.

All in All, i give the movie a 8 out of 10
How does not crying while watching Nicolas Cage try to look sad make me heartless? I think your attachment to the event has led you to ignore many of the fundamental flaws in that film.

Unregistered User

Detachment

Absolute gem of a film. Emotional rollercoaster of a movie. I was never a fan of Adrien Brody but he was excellent in this, for me this was his perfect role as a damaged and depressed sub teacher starting work in a pretty flawed secondary school. Also features a few great scenes with James Caan. I definately recommend this film.

9/10

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I just saw Ballad of a Solider and simply could not like it. There wasn't anything wrong with it, per-se, but I was just downright incurious throughout its entirety.

I watched Close-Up the other night and it instantly earned a spot amongst my favourite films.

Detachment

Absolute gem of a film. Emotional rollercoaster of a movie. I was never a fan of Adrien Brody but he was excellent in this, for me this was his perfect role as a damaged and depressed sub teacher starting work in a pretty flawed secondary school. Also features a few great scenes with James Caan. I definately recommend this film.

9/10
One of my all-time favourite films. Actually, if I had to choose, it'd probably earn a spot in my completely hypothetical top ten list. I agree - it's an absolutely brilliant film and one I could relate to on so many personal levels (honestly, some of the similarities are uncanny). It honestly felt like this film was made for me. I think we've all experienced that before. Tony Kaye did a sublime job. Add to the fact that he was the cinematographer of the film, my respect for the man just grows.

I'll never forget the first time I watched this masterwork. It was, as you eloquently put it, an emotional rollercoaster. Adrien Brody is impeccable and the film has this radical, artistic, avant-garde approach but isn't too inaccessible or indulgent. It's pretty much a perfect film in my eyes.

I'm so glad more people are watching it.

I thought i would spend a week with slapstick comedies. So i started off with

Naked Gun (1988) - Was a fun watch. But i am so distant with comedies these days!

6.1/10.

I saw Where is the Friend's Home? earlier before. A very simple film, but perhaps a bit too simple. It just really didn't have much of a core and became pretty tedious at parts, despite its very short length.

Detachment

9/10
Yeah, very good movie, better than American History X in my opinion.