Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This is a pretty nonconformist group. We're MoFos for crapssake. We appreciate your concerns but we do have a clue. Keep fighting the good fight, but you don't have to worry about us selling our souls. (That's just a phrase since I don't want to fall in the cursed "Religious People" group.)

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Trying so hard to be an individual that you can't be a part of or like anything "the masses" do becomes a sort of conformity in and of itself.

You don't know everyone's motivation that drives a hybrid or electric car. I find that a bit narrow minded. I don't care about impressing anyone with my Eco friendliness, but I do care about the world I live in. The masses are welcome to join me.

The problem with a lot of hybrid cars is that everything that it takes to make it a hybrid (mainly the battery) has such a huge carbon footprint in its construction that you'd never even come close to offsetting half of it.

Nothing in this world is perfect and everyone knows it. You're not exactly 'bursting a bubble' here.

Whether they actually care or not shouldn't be your concern.
Yes, they know it but they choose not to acknowledge it so that they can keep deluding themselves that none of that concerns them.

Should it be my concern - yes, and I will stand by it. People are like children - if you don't point out that what they are doing is wrong they are not going to learn.

The "just let everyone do what they want" attitude is what made this world what it is now and it continues to make it worse and worse.

Some parents just let their children listen to Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj and such and look what we have now: stupid, spoiled, shallow teenagers who convince themselves that they are "hip" and "cool" and whatnot and go about making everyone else feel bad for not being "popular".

Originally Posted by Cobpyth
Otherwise you're a "person who wants to share his 'wisdom' with others and tries to force his way of life onto them." Your earlier post, however, literally states that you hate that kind of people, so I don't think you want to be like that.
That is of course, unless you want to hate yourself...
Sometimes I do things I hate. Sometimes I break my own rules to accomplish something that's more significant than my own selfish beliefs. And nobody said I love myself. What about you? Do you consider yourself perfect?

Originally Posted by mark f
This is a pretty nonconformist group. We're MoFos for crapssake.
That's one of the reasons I'm here.

Originally Posted by Goddogo
Trying so hard to be an individual that you can't be a part of or like anything "the masses" do becomes a sort of conformity in and of itself.

You don't know everyone's motivation that drives a hybrid or electric car. I find that a bit narrow minded. I don't care about impressing anyone with my Eco friendliness, but I do care about the world I live in. The masses are welcome to join me.
I'm sorry but that's just an example of a typical conformist talk. I say: 'you're a conformist" and you say: "no, you're a conformist" and then you go on to keep convincing yourself that what you think is correct.

What you're saying is that you don't care about the flaw in your thinking I pointed out and you will carry on thinking that electrics and hybrids are brilliant even if there is data to confirm that they are actually not. You think that people's motivations on this matter may be different and because of that their buying those cars may be a good thing. I say people's motivations don't change the fact and here's why:

Hitler had good motivations too, you know. He was absolutely convinced that he was doing the world a favor by getting rid of what he considered to be bad people and purifying mankind as one, perfect race. This may be an extreme example but it does show clearly what I'm on about - people's motivations do NOT change the nature of their actions.

^ This.

- Religious people
I know lots of religious people and they don't harm my life or annoy me. Or do you mean the more fundamentalist types?

I mean the kind of religious people who want with all their might to convert me and convince me that they are wise and I should listen to them so that I don't burn in the eternal fire or what have you.

Religious people who go on just believing what they do and not involving me in it in any way don't annoy me all that much. I don't blame these people because most of them were taught religion since they were born. Because of that, religion is obvious to them and it's a part of their identity so they don't question it.

Is it possible to get out of such a situation - yes but I know it's very, very difficult. I was a very religious person myself a few years back.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Performance artists. Yeah, you can shave all the hair off your body in front of 150 people, but can you do 7 shows a week?

I came on here to be grumpy but then saw that someone mentioned David Icke and that made me smile Does he still wear his shell suit? And think that we're all reptiles or something?

Yes, they know it but they choose not to acknowledge it so that they can keep deluding themselves that none of that concerns them.

Should it be my concern - yes, and I will stand by it. People are like children - if you don't point out that what they are doing is wrong they are not going to learn.
I completely disagree. I am very much PRO individuality and I certainly don't believe in people who are convinced that what they are thinking is the only 'truth'. It's even worse when they try to 'point it out' in a very pretentious way or force it on the people.
Of course a society needs rules, but I've always been a supporter of as much 'freedom of thought' as possible.
If you think the other way, that's fine, but I personally can't relate with what you're saying here AT ALL. You are reducing people to robots, which they are absolutely not, in my opinion.

The "just let everyone do what they want" attitude is what made this world what it is now and it continues to make it worse and worse.

Some parents just let their children listen to Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj and such and look what we have now: stupid, spoiled, shallow teenagers who convince themselves that they are "hip" and "cool" and whatnot and go about making everyone else feel bad for not being "popular".
Oh, you're one of those...
I may not be a fan of their music myself, but automatically assuming that some people are "stupid, spoiled and shallow" because they listen to certain artists is what I'd call stupid and shallow.

Sometimes I do things I hate. Sometimes I break my own rules to accomplish something that's more significant than my own selfish beliefs. And nobody said I love myself. What about you? Do you consider yourself perfect?
I don't consider myself perfect, but I love myself and I certainly don't try to do things that I hate. What I was saying is, that it makes absolutely no sense to be annoyed by people who are imposing their opinions, while doing it yourself.

I'm sorry but that's just an example of a typical conformist talk. I say: 'you're a conformist" and you say: "no, you're a conformist" and then you go on to keep convincing yourself that what you think is correct.
You're pretty much describing what you just did. You said he was a conformist, because he was pointing out the flaws in your thinking and you're convincing yourself that what you think is still correct.

What you're saying is that you don't care about the flaw in your thinking I pointed out and you will carry on thinking that electrics and hybrids are brilliant even if there is data to confirm that they are actually not. You think that people's motivations on this matter may be different and because of that their buying those cars may be a good thing. I say people's motivations don't change the fact and here's why:
I'd like to see those data very much!

Hitler had good motivations too, you know. He was absolutely convinced that he was doing the world a favor by getting rid of what he considered to be bad people and purifying mankind as one, perfect race. This may be an extreme example but it does show clearly what I'm on about - people's motivations do NOT change the nature of their actions.
If you consider 'hate' (which ultimately was Hitler's one and only mainspring) a good motivation, than we're on a completely different level, I think.

I mean the kind of religious people who want with all their might to convert me and convince me that they are wise and I should listen to them so that I don't burn in the eternal fire or what have you.
That's pretty much what you're doing here now, without the religious aspect.

Religious people who go on just believing what they do and not involving me in it in any way don't annoy me all that much. I don't blame these people because most of them were taught religion since they were born. Because of that, religion is obvious to them and it's a part of their identity so they don't question it.

Is it possible to get out of such a situation - yes but I know it's very, very difficult. I was a very religious person myself a few years back.
I may not be a religious person myself or believe in one certain 'truth', for that matter, but what you are saying here is (correct me if I'm wrong) that EVERY religious person in the world doesn't question their beliefs or themselves, because it's all part of their education, right?
I personally think that religious people are actually the people who think about life and its meaning. They are on a quest to find something more and they believe that there is. That's a beautiful thing, if you ask me. Firm atheist are the ones that don't question anything, really. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I'm just trying to refute your argument against religion.
There are, of course, also religious people who are not questioning their religion or beliefs at all (just like firm atheists), but those are minorities.

I don't consider myself religious, nor atheist. I consider myself an ignorant.

You know, I would continue this discussion but...

Oh, you're one of those...
I may not be a fan of their music myself, but automatically assuming that some people are "stupid, spoiled and shallow" because they listen to certain artists is what I'd call stupid and shallow.
If you say that people who listen to JB and Nicki Minaj are NOT shallow, spoiled and stupid and therefore I am, then I consider everything you say invalid. I'm sorry.

I'm not here to defend hybrids.I'm here to tell you that in all your ego you can't possibly know that the only motivation for driving one is to flaunt their eco friendliness in others faces. I don't know if they are brilliant or not, I can't afford one. I do what I can for the environment and I know that my intentions aren't to impress you or anyone else.

What flaw in my thinking? It is a certain kind of conformity to have your thoughts and likes and actions be strictly in opposition to everyone else just to be different. In that way a person is being influenced by the conformist every bit as much as the conformist is being influenced by what they are conforming to.

You know to put yourself in this 1% group that are the only ones with your eyes open and the rest are blind sheep awaiting the slaughter is just ego driven nonsense. Maybe we'd like to believe that we are that special, but we're not.

Really, you brought Hitler into this? Why don't I do you a favor and let you go find another argument. It's tired and it's silly and it has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say.

If you say that people who listen to JB and Nicki Minaj are NOT shallow, spoiled and stupid and therefore I am, then I consider everything you say invalid. I'm sorry.

That's mature.

Whether you're right or wrong, quoting David Icke isn't the way to go about it.
David Icke's spot on with the majority of his talks.

Wow. This is one of the weakest escapes from a discussion I've ever seen.
Not only are you proving your own shallowness and unjustified pretension, but you're also coming across as a childish extremist now.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
People who think they know EVERYTHING about the current problem your having and in actual fact they know NOTHING and piss you off.

From Redditt