Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yeah, I found it when you mentioned it. Thanks for the link, though.

Yeah, some of those weren't what I noticed. For example, the Star Wars connection isn't really about the cloud city, in my opinion. I mean a single flat doesn't make a city. I was thinking about the Millenium Falcon's flight through the canyons of that giant meteor thing to lose the tie fighters. The flight through the canyons to lose the drones in Oblivion looked very, very similar.

And the connections with Wall-e are incomplete as well. It's clear that the design of the drones was based on Eve. They look similar, they sound similar and they behave similar. Also, those cargo ships laying on dried up land also remind me of a scene from Wall-e, when Eve is angry and starts shooting at such ships in the exact same setting.

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

I had a feeling that this movie was created by high people for high people. And since Marijuana is illegal in Poland, there was no way for me to enjoy that movie

I love that movie! So weed is illegal there, so what? Live a little-break the law!

-

The narrator (Downey Jr.) chats with the audience. That I did not mind, until the very last scene when he ends up looking straight into the camera and says "Thanks for coming, please stay for the end credits." That was so lame. This movie is a mess and it's quite confusing, even though it has its funny moments. Overrated, defo.
Thank you. I thought it was good in enough ways to call it a successful film, but it's mad overrated and Shane Black doesn't come off as smart enough to break the fourth wall effectively (as evidenced by how lame most of the writing was in those instances in both Derpatron - I mean Iron Man - 3 and KKBB.

The World's End (Wright, 2013)
+

I really wasn't a fan. Most of the comedy didn't quite *hit* for me, I don't think I was alone in that regard considering the audience in my theatre was pretty silent throughout the film also. The characters aren't fleshed out enough for me to care about them, this is most evident during some of the more dramatic periods of the film, which feel somewhat tacked on. It also drags, especially the conclusion which seemed to go on for an age before coming to any sort of completion.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to seeing this, I hope it as good or better than Sinister.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Im looking forward to seeing this, I hope it as good or better than Sinister.
I thought it was. I only made it about half way through Sinister before I had to shut it off. I got bored. This one actually made me jump in a couple places.

The Heat.. altough Sandra Bullock is sort of tired as the FBI idiot savant, Melissa McCarthy is funny enough to carry the movie. Mindless but we need that once in a while.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought it was. I only made it about half way through Sinister before I had to shut it off. I got bored. This one actually made me jump in a couple places.
Awesome! I enjoyed Sinister and this looks like it could be a better film.

Last night as I couldnt sleep (again) I watched 'Takers' and I really enjoyed it

jack-reacher

very very good film, one of the best

eXistenZ
that's my sixth watch (because of my thesis it's about virtual reality)
why i like: eXistenZ has a game-within-a-game structure, like mise-en-abyme. It absorbed me in film's nested diegesis (virtual-real)
why i don't like: Game is playing with 12 people but everyone presented with NPC (non player characters) except Allegra and Ted. I think it's irrational side of film.
so: 10/7
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

Blood Simple

The first Coen Brothers movie. It was excellent
It's like a more recent film noir. The atmosphere is great and I loved the acting performances

Hellfighters (1968)

In my opinion, one of John Wayne's best movies. Excellent fire scenes and gorgeous scenery from Katherine Ross!

Unregistered User

Tokyo Story

At first i rated this 7/10 however the more ive thought about it the higher i rate it. So im gonna give it 8/10 and thats my final answer.
(for now)

The same happened to me with Holy Motors. I guess both need a rewatch. I loved the simpleness in Tokyo Story and how, sadly, easy it was to relate. I especially loved Noriko in this, very heartwarming.

8.5/10

Second viewing.

I didn't know what to make of it the first time (which was over a year ago), but this time I really enjoyed it, and I tried to analyze the characters of Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. I don't think I've ever seen characters so empty, in any movie. Whilst watching the movie, I wasn't sure whether this was a good thing, or bad. Now I realize that it's exactly what makes this film great. They look truly lost, and although Murray's character has a wife and children at home, the relationship between the two characters looks so genuine and believable that they seem to care about nobody but each other. The film is really well executed, but there are some scenes I didn't truly love, which is why I'm not going to give it 5 stars. Great, but not a masterpiece.

Red Dawn (2012)

Though the original was better, this lightweight action-thriller remains watchable. Obviously a propaganda piece, being British, seeing the American flag in its final scene really let this one down.

Red Dawn (2012)

Though the original was better, this lightweight action-thriller remains watchable. Obviously a propaganda piece, being British, seeing the American flag in its final scene really let this one down.

As a HUGE fan of the original, I agree that I found it watchable. Never really saw it as a propaganda piece though.