Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Local Hero (1983) - Bill Forsyth

Third time I've watched this but got distracted the other times and was bored. Turns out this is a really good movie. Really nice look at a guy working for an oil company that wants to buy a small Scottish town. Great characters and good story. Features a very good supporting performance by Burt Lancaster.

8/10

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched World War Z last night, and I have to say that it was an enjoyable film. I didn't walk into the theater expecting something absolutely amazing, and aside from some badly written instances of dialogue, the movie was fun and entertaining.

Rewatched Psycho and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the third time still that good
(both of them 5 stars)

Kunius Reviews Google Us
Last movie seen was World War Z a solid 8/10 for me.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched John Dies at the End last night, really enjoyed it and very funny in places.

Then we watched Session 9, didnt really enjoy it that much.

Evil Dead (new one)

Good call on Killer Joe, cricket. It was violent, wacky, and completely watchable. Juno Temple pretty much steals the movie although everyone does a good job in this off-kilter ride. 7/10

Dust, agree that The Horde is a good entry in the zombie genre. This is actually the only movie I've ever watched on computer and that was from YouTube (I assume it's still there for free). I started watching out of curiosity and was hooked. Good solid fun with several memorable scenes, like a man trapped on top of a car with hundreds of zombies pressing in around him, and an old man using a WWII-era machine gun to mow down zombies. 8/10 (I'm a little more generous here because I'm a zombie junkie)

The Watch (2012)
I've gotten the idea that this film is fairly reviled, and I know that it didn't do good box office. But I enjoyed the heck out of this flick and it's been in fairly heavy rotation on HBO so I've seen it several times. Starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill, with a great role for British comedian/actor Richard Ayoade as one of the four members of the new neighborhood watch. It's not giving anything away (because the previews show it) to reveal that aliens are in the neighborhood and the four guys band together to stop them. There are laughs all the way through. I give it 8/10

i saw man of steel recently and it was good. 4/5

I know this is cliche, but Clint Eastwood's character from the Dollars Trilogy for me is the coolest character in all of cinema, and I have not even seen the last film of the trilogy yet. For a Few Dollars More is a lot better than A Fistful of Dollars and Once Upon a Time in the West, and so far I would say it is my favourite western.

The final duel scene was the epitome of cool, I especially loved the soundtrack (
). Leone + Morricone + Eastwood + Lee Van Cleef = epicness.

I'm watching this at the moment.

Rewatced this again:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1280558/

7.5/10. Never seems to bore me. Amazing.

The Grandmaster (2013) - Wong Kar Wai

Talked more about this in the last great foreign film thread. Loved it.

9/10

The Tower (2012) - Kim Ji Hoon

Disaster movie from Korea about a fire in a high rise building. Not original but well done in parts. The first half hour was terrible but once the fire got started the special effects were great and there were some tense moments. Probably worth watching if you like this type of film but overall only OK.

5/10

the Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

grisly, unnerving.. never tries to water itself down to sell out to the mainstream. the third act is a nightmare on film. and damn weird

10/10