Television Tab

Tools    

Seinfeld- The Couch

I love George's entitlement in this episode, all around great, God I love watching re-runs of this gem at night. Hilarious episode.

The Sopranos: Pine Barrens (Steve Buscemi, 2001)

A random post in here, but last night I noticed that the episode of The Sopranos that was on Sky Atlantic was my all time favourite - Pine Barrens. Even the Sky information describes it as 'possibly one of the finest hours of television drama you are likely to see'.
While I love the series as a whole, I though that this particular episode was formulaic and uninteresting. I had already seem the same trope several times in many other movies and series before I watched this episode so it felt unoriginal to me. Never guessed that it would become a classic episode of the series.

While I love the series as a whole, I though that this particular episode was formulaic and uninteresting. I had already seem the same trope several times in many other movies and series before I watched this episode so it felt unoriginal to me. Never guessed that it would become a classic episode of the series.
Obviously I disagree, but I really don't understand where you're coming from here. It definitely did not feel formulaic and uninteresting for me, what other movies/series have similar episodes? Like I said stylistically comparisons can be drawn to Fargo where the directed starred, but in terms of actual story it's nothing like.

What makes the episode so wonderful is the characters, that was the strength of The Sopranos, and every time I have seen this episode I just love the characters, their individual dialogue and actions. How can you not find Chris and Paulie together funny? I've already referenced the Interior Designer conversation, then there's the Cuban Missile Crisis thing Chris says, the moment when Tony goes to Junior's to see Bobby Bacalla all dressed up and ready to go, when Tony gets a steak thrown at him, there's many brilliant moments in the episode that you won't find any where else, and if you genuinely found it uninteresting then that's a shame as I don't think I've seen many TV episodes equal or more interesting.

I watched the first ever episode of The Sopranos again the other day, as Sky Demand had it on (after the death of Gandolfini, I guess), as great as I remembered it and I felt sad after watching it I would do a whole re watch but it will take ages and at the moment I am busy watching too many films.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Under the Dome - So far, so good. Has the makings of a good serialized TV drama like Lost. One of the better Stephen King projects, too. Different from the book, but that's almost a good thing, as Under the Dome featured some really broad characters that struck me as unrealistic despite my liking the book as a whole. Can't wait to see the next episode, so they're doing something right.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The People's Republic of Clogher
One of the best things about online streaming is that I'm able to catch up on interesting TV shows which passed me by when they were current.

I'm currently watching a little known indie gem, The West Wing.

Didn't see one of its 100+ episodes before a couple of weeks ago and now I'm midway through season three. I like it (obviously well enough to keep watching) but there's a definite pre-Sopranos (they came out around the same time I think) feel to the show.

My only real complaints are that every one of the regular characters is just so gosh darned nice and hard working. And they speak too quickly....

It's still a perfect antidote to Wimbledon when Maria Sharapova's Legs aren't playing.

I watched the first two episodes to The West Wing recently. It was okay, but the dialogue is way too contrived for me to really like, and it really isn't that interesting so far. I'm sure I'll watch more of it at some point, though.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Stick with it, is what I'd say. I was flagging myself after a few episodes but it opens up soon after.

Now that Maria Sharapova's Legs have left Wimbledon I'll probably get through the rest of season 3 by Sunday evening.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Millinium I've watched the first four episodes and am not quite sure what I think about it. It's interesting enough, but I'm far from hooked. The episodes have gotten consecutively better, so I'm hopeful. It hasn't gotten into much of the whole millinium group thing yet, so I'm hoping that it picks up once that happens.

Anyone remember this show? Is it worth continuing on with?

Millinium I've watched the first four episodes and am not quite sure what I think about it. It's interesting enough, but I'm far from hooked. The episodes have gotten consecutively better, so I'm hopeful. It hasn't gotten into much of the whole millinium group thing yet, so I'm hoping that it picks up once that happens.

Anyone remember this show? Is it worth continuing on with?
From what I remember, it was ok, but that's about it. TBH, I don't remember how many episodes I saw, but I think I went through the first season, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those programmes that's been done better since.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
From what I remember, it was ok, but that's about it. TBH, I don't remember how many episodes I saw, but I think I went through the first season, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those programmes that's been done better since.
That's disappointing. I like the idea of it, but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't get better than alright.

I have started to enjoy this show, even though it's in the first season. My ex and I, use to watch Felicity and I sought of had a crush on her.

So far it's been enjoyable.

I've seen the first three episodes and I'm not blown away at all. It's ok, there's certainly nothing 'wrong' with it and I'll certainly keep watching. It's just yet to grip me. I doubt I'll bother with the US/UK versions.

However, the one truly bright spot in the entire programme is Lena's hair. I swear, it almost looks as good as mine did 'back in the day', as they say, and I really can't pay her any higher compliment than that.

Does Somebody Have to Go? THX- Part 1 & 2

I doubt this will become a regular show for me since Reality shows rarely do but I can see myself watching another episode on a sick day or at 11 PM with nothing else. I'm not sure how legitimate this was. I'm sure some things were added in for TV.
+

I've seen the first three episodes and I'm not blown away at all. It's ok, there's certainly nothing 'wrong' with it and I'll certainly keep watching. It's just yet to grip me. I doubt I'll bother with the US/UK versions.
I think it's absolutely perfect. I thought I'd find it a bit slow but I love the pace it's going and it's becoming one of my all time favourite series, hope it's the same for the last four episodes.

Channel 4 have been great for showing beautifully shot series this year, Utopia was the last one to blow me away.

Last watched Don't Call Me Crazy on BBC3 - a very interesting documentary series following teenagers on a psychiatric unit. It's only been following the girls up until now but next week it's bringing the boys who suffer from mental illness into it.

The pacing's not an issue at all. For me, anyway. I just don't think it's particularly interesting and I couldn't care less about "the mystery". Personally, I'd hope that there isn't any attempt at an answer or explaination at all.

Last night's 2 Broke Girls had Piers Morgan on it. A new low, even for this disappointing second season.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

BBC to air James Hunt, Niki Lauda documentary prior to F1 movie 'Rush'

A BBC documentary about the rivalry between racing drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda will air on BBC Two next weekend.

Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals will feature unseen footage and exclusive interviews from friends, colleagues and family members of both drivers, as well as the journalists who worked on the Formula 1 circuit at the height of their rivalry in the mid-1970s.

The documentary airs ahead of the release of Ron Howard's historical drama Rush, which focuses on the dramatic 1976 Formula 1 season.

Lauda, who was reigning world drivers' champion, suffered life-threatening injuries in an accident at the Nürburgring. However, he staged a remarkable comeback six weeks later to push Hunt to his first world drivers' title.

Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals will air on Sunday, July 14 at 9pm on BBC Two.

Meanwhile Rush, which stars Chris Hemsworth as Hunt and Daniel Brühl as Lauda, will be released on September 13 in the UK and September 20 in the US.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...ovie-rush.html

There's a trailer for it on the page.