IRS targeted conservative groups

Tools    

Yeah, starting to seem like that. I should just bail, shouldn't I? I mean, when someone doesn't care about being wrong, what's the point in trying to show that they are?

Is this the part where the camera begins to pan out and we slowly leave the room?

It is. But it's more like a horror movie, so when you open the door to leave the room it leads right back into the room.

You wouldn't be saying that if Mitt Romney were President! If Romney were President you'd say you can leave the debate whenever you want. I know because I can travel freely between the multiverse. How do you reconcile your positions with those you hold in Universe #7,929,119,347,018?

Why are we talking about the IRS targeting people with different ideologies when Mitt Romney is just sitting around being all freaking rich, even as we speak?

Also, did you guys know that Bush? Think about it.

It's not changing the subject to talk about Bush because he was a President, too. And he still is in another universe! He repealed the 22nd amendment. And you're fine with it there, you damned hypocrite.

You guys don't know nothin. And even if you did, I don't have to too, so there QED

You don't even know what QED means. Look at this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=qed

You have to have a proof to solve, but all you did was what I did. It only works when I do it. I don't need Latin to prove my points. I didn't know what it meant before but so what?

Why are we talking about the IRS targeting people with different ideologies when Mitt Romney is just sitting around being all freaking rich, even as we speak?
I am tired of your partisan shenanigans. They didn't target anyone, they just casually investigated people with the words "tea party" and "conservative." That's totally legal. Mussolini said so.

Hey I was looking at that thing where you proved they started targeting earlier, but I think you hold Democrats to different standards [citation needed], so that means space-time has warped and that didn't happen on that date any more.

Will, you've alleged several times that Yoda has no principles and would not care if this politically motivated IRS targeting was done in a Republican administration. You have also alleged that he is just using this to target Democrats and really doesn't care about this behavior at all on a moral level. My question to you is, how do you know this? It seems pretty unfair to me to assume that Yoda is a partisan hack who doesn't have any principles. I haven't heard of Yoda defending these tactics when President Bush engaged in them. If you have, can you prove it?

I've had a lot of debates with Yoda, and I'm a lot more liberal than he is on many issues. He definitely is a conservative, and he approaches things with that worldview, but I haven't experienced him being dishonest. I just don't really know what you're talking about Will. In my experience, he will acknowledge that you have good points when you make a logical, fact-based argument, and he will tell you why he thinks that you're wrong and how he sees it, but it's always been a respectful debate between him and I. When you and he debate, it almost never is. Since when I debate with Yoda, he's respectful, and fairly reasonable, and when you do, he's not, and you and I are both liberal, what you are saying really doesn't make sense. If it did, he would act the same way with me that he does with you but he doesn't do that. I think the difference is in the way you approach these conversations. Unless he has a personality transformation every time he talks with you, and then suddenly morphs back into a reasonable person temporarily with me, it seems to be that the charges that you are bringing against Yoda lack merit.

I think you often have good points Will, so I wanted to address one of your main arguments here, since at times I think Yoda can be a little harsh. It is natural for someone to be more deferential to a person who they support than somebody they do not. I simply trust President Obama more because I think he has a good head on his shoulders and I think his heart is in the right place and I think that he tries to do good when he can. The vision of the America he wants to create is something that I support. I don't necessarily feel that way about Dick Cheney. I fundamentally disagree with Cheney's worldview and what he was trying to accomplish, so I am more skeptical of things that come out of his mouth. It's the same with Yoda. Yoda doesn't support President Obama's vision for the country, so he is more skeptical of the things that he does and less trusting of him than he might be of a conservative Republican. I think this is natural. It is not the damning evidence that you are making it out to be. When President Obama does something I disagree with, I say so, even though I support him. I act consistent with my principles regardless of who is in power, and I see little evidence that Yoda does anything differently than I do.

After I joined, I got into some pretty heavy arguments with Yoda. It got nasty a few times. The fact that I'm still welcome here says a lot about his character.

Semper Fooey
Well, you see, when you investigate one particular group, that's targeting. Okay, next week kids we'll learn the second half of the alphabet.
So you're saying it did begin at some point? This is new.
Carefully? You just said all of the sudden there was illegal targeting, and now you're quoting the article exhibiting how the targeting was carried out. And this delay you're talking about is somewhat illegal in of itself.
No, it isn't targeting if you investigate a certain group. It is targeting if you investigate them soley for that reason. If you find suspicous things in their application about the extent of their political activity, that is not targeting. if you see tea party, ans that automatically gets the extra scrutiny, that's targeting.

I never said there was no targeting. The isue has been why. Was it done for political purposes and was it directed in Washington. Everyone knows there was targeting.

Semper Fooey
Since Sunday getting this forum has been extremely difficult. It apparently has something to do with the server, and perhaps the combination of me having DSL or something else, because I am having no problem going elswhere on the internet. That makes it hard for me to reply to this thread as often as I would like. After being lucky for a few minutes earlier I have hit the usual snag.

No, it isn't targeting if you investigate a certain group. It is targeting if you investigate them soley for that reason. If you find suspicous things in their application about the extent of their political activity, that is not targeting. if you see tea party, ans that automatically gets the extra scrutiny, that's targeting.

1) They already said they were investigating them solely for that reason
2) Your last sentence contradicts your first

I never said there was no targeting. The isue has been why. Was it done for political purposes and was it directed in Washington. Everyone knows there was targeting.
Now EVERYONE knows. Holy moses, you really are delusional. I don't know if you knew this but the internet keeps records of things you've said before. This does not follow suit with your previous "argument(s)"