MoFo art gallery

Tools    

Something else I've been working on. Not completely happy with it, but it's almost there, I think. Any suggestions/comments would be most welcome.

P.S. You probably need to have seen the film to get what I was going for here.

Rodent, look at this awesome fake Criterion cover for Predator (this is not my work.)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mgup19SBrs1rm9e9vo1_500.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10696  

Something else I've been working on. Not completely happy with it, but it's almost there, I think. Any suggestions/comments would be most welcome.

P.S. You probably need to have seen the film to get what I was going for here.
Artistically that is brilliant Skepsis, like your There Will Be Blood effort, I really like the colours and the idea your going for.

Some thoughts though: I don't like the inner shadow around the whole poster that seems to be stronger on the left side, I like things more symmetrical, and although done really well with that pastel type feel the image you've got in the middle makes it seem like a kind of horror film when matched with the top tagline, although I'm not really sure what else you could have put as the main image.

Artistically that is brilliant Skepsis, like your There Will Be Blood effort, I really like the colours and the idea your going for.
Thanks! Really means a lot that you like it, and I'm glad you got the idea.

Some thoughts though: I don't like the inner shadow around the whole poster that seems to be stronger on the left side, I like things more symmetrical, and although done really well with that pastel type feel the image you've got in the middle makes it seem like a kind of horror film when matched with the top tagline, although I'm not really sure what else you could have put as the main image.
Thanks. Yeah, I need to fix that right side for sure. As for your other comment, I'm not sure how I would address that without completely overhauling the design. That tagline is an actual one they used, but I guess combined with the concept of the design, it does kinda look like a horror film. That moment is pretty horrific, though.

EDIT: Fixed right side.

Thanks! Really means a lot that you like it, and I'm glad you got the idea.

Thanks. Yeah, I need to fix that right side for sure. As for your other comment, I'm not sure how I would address that without completely overhauling the design. That tagline is an actual one they used, but I guess combined with the concept of the design, it does kinda look like a horror film. That moment is pretty horrific, though.

EDIT: Fixed right side.
Looking good, like I said I don't know what else you could do really to it, out of interest what image is it that you used for the face (if its a single image)?

Hi Skepsis93, I liked your piece. Powerful with just one sentence and the scattered pieces give it a mysterious feel. I haven't seen Fargo but I understand your intentions.

Something new:

First time I've designed anything without using any existing images - just Photoshop's pen tool and downloaded fonts - so I'm pretty happy with it, all things considered.

Really love that. Super cool.

Another potential concept for that that pops into my head is a featureless outline of the arms outstretched on either side (which he does so often, of course). Probably featureless, except for the hair.

Really love that. Super cool.
Thank you!

Another potential concept for that that pops into my head is a featureless outline of the arms outstretched on either side (which he does so often, of course). Probably featureless, except for the hair.
With a bright spotlight and maybe silhouettes of an audience in the background à la the Quiz Show poster. That's a great idea, I'm not sure my skills match the concept but I'd love to see what I can do with it if you'll let me, uhm... borrow your idea there.

It's interesting. Suggestive of psychological thriller.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I've had a case of creative block recently, hence nothing new in the past couple of weeks. Started a lot I didn't finish. I did just finish something though, didn't get it quite how I wanted but I'm pretty happy with it overall.