Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Spaceballs:

Really funny movie. It parodied Star Wars and other sci-fi movies well and it made me laugh out loud. Only problem is that Princess Vespa (the parody of Leia) is way too annoying

9/10

Hana-bi

Film by Takeshi Kitano about a cop who spirals downhill into depression and bad decisions following a number of "tragedies". This movie was beautiful, sad, happy, depressing and more. Really liked it.

9/10

Do the right thing (1989) - 6.5/10.

This is the end 7/10. Hilarious, but stupid funny so if you're not into that kind of comedy stay away!

Not Enough Time
^I want to see Cloud Atlas so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young Frankenstein - 9/10

I loved it, and it made more recent Mel Brooks movies make more sense. Very funny, Marty Feldman and Terri Garr were great. Incidentally, I also saw..

After Hours - 9/10

Extra credit for the fantastic Scorsese directing. I missed the first few minutes of the movies, so at first the ending was like "huh?", but then I checked it out, and it worked much better. Still think the ending was a little weak, but for a comedy it was great. Overall great picture, just hilarious in all ways. Great acting also.

Brazil - 8.5/10

I love this movie, but I have to say I find it a bit boring and slow moving sometimes. The whole concept it great, but it's just, as said, slow and boring sometimes. And weird. But hey, its Terry Gilliam.

Planet of the Apes - 9/10

If directing/shooting had been a bit better, I would have rated it higher. Awesome movie!!!! Timeless. Charlton Heston is so dramatic. And the ending is obviously a set up for a sequel, otherwise it would have been a horrible ending in my opinion. I wish I could give it a higher rating, honestly.

Started Persona tonight, buuuuuut I have to fix my DVD player remote in order to get the subtitles on. But I definitely see what the hype is about. Beautiful first 5 minutes.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The original Planet of the Apes has one of the best endings of all time as a stand alone film.

Not Enough Time
^See, if it wasn't such a "classic" which the ending has been revealed in popular culture so much its impossible not to know, then maybe. Also, if for some reason I didn't already see that whole thing coming (which even if I hadn't already known the background of the story I think I would've figured it out), then maybe. But other than that, it was pretty un-climactic in my opinion. I had the same problem as I did with Chinatown, I knew the big surprise ending because of popular culture, so it kind of ruined the movie. It completely ruined Chinatown, but I still got a lot of enjoyment out of Planet of the Apes, just cause its my kinda movie.

The original Planet of the Apes has one of the best endings of all time as a stand alone film.
Growing up, Planet of the Apes was my favourite film ending along with the time travel twist of Back to the Future