What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I bought that one too, gorgeous looking blu-ray steelbook. Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown are getting new steelbooks released in Britain too, so can't wait for those.

Looks great, I don't have any other Tarantino steelbooks, got the XX collection with all his previous films and then I have like a gasoline can version of Reservoir Dogs which I love. But if those two are good, I will see if I can get them, especially Jackie Brown (as I already have 2x Dogs).

Only problem is now is money, need to get a job and that, trying to save at the moment for holiday then I am off to uni after summer. Wish I could afford to keep adding to my collection and have as many films as you do, at the moment mine is tiny in comparison Here is my collection at the moment: http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7084/sdc11683k.jpg I wouldn't even call it a collection so far, just some blu-rays I bought to start off together with some DVDs that I had randomly before or I found around the house, couple of them I got off my step-dad, I think he has an old slipcover DVD version of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid which would look nice there too, I'll have to check with him

I'm jealous, I've got the gasoline can of Reservoir Dogs but it's the DVD only, you have the Blu-ray edition - far better than a steelbook in my eyes. You should keep the Gasoline edition.

Your collection is off to a nice start.

I haven't been buying many DVDs/Blu-Rays lately. I ordered this one off Amazon today though, and can't wait for it to come. Blind buy.

The Holy Mountian

I haven't been buying many DVDs/Blu-Rays lately. I ordered this one off Amazon today though, and can't wait for it to come. Blind buy.

The Holy Mountian
Looking forward to see how you find it, Jodorowsky's films looks really weird but seems like films that I'd love, I want to see that and El Topo, his Western.

Not Enough Time
At Barnes and Noble over the weekend, I was browsing the Criterion Collection that I love so very much, and ended up buying Brazil and Naked Lunch.
I love movies about dystopian futures, and I've heard nothing but good things about Brazil. I believe that Steve Zaragoza of Sourcefed once cited it as an all time favorite of his.
As for Naked Lunch, David Cronenberg's name on the cover was what initially caught my attention. Add to that the weird synopsis on the back, which sounded like it was right up my alley. I don't know if Naked Lunch is considered a horror film, but more than likely I'll be talking about it in my Blind Horror Reviews at some point.
I almost got the original version of The Blob, too, but they only had one copy and I could hear the disc moving around inside the box when I shifted it around. That kills me.
I would love to see Naked Lunch. I got a look at the book and it's nutty. I couldn't read it at the time, but I'd love to experience both and compare.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Unregistered User

The Holy Mountian

Have you watched this yet? Bought this myself last week but yet to watch. Interested to know what you think

Just got Brazil and 12 Angry Men.

Not overly fond of either films, but my dad's a big fan, and he always complains about how bad the films I usually buy are.

Birth of a Nation comes out next month, but Au Hasard Balthazar got pushed back a month, for like the fourth time.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Too many for pics and to list, so a sampling of the last week. Mostly Criterion stuff as I'm trying to complete the blus.

All BR

The Great Dictator
8 1/2
Life During Wartime
Shock Corridor
Stagecoach
Life is Sweet
Gate of Hell
Vivre sa Vie
And Chinatown

Man Bites Dog
I like foreign films, mockumentaries, and serial killer movies. This one appears to be a combination of all those. I'm hoping that it'll turn out better than the highly overrated Behind the Mask. Also, the cover art is awesome; it's pretty clear when you look at this cover what type of film you're getting into.

I don't buy DVDs anymore. I purchase them for digital viewing, such as through Netflix. Last one I bought, I couldn't even remember to say.

Reminds me when I was a kid.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Seven Psychopaths

Django Unchained

I have also bought allot more dvds since the last time I was on the site and if I were to mention them all I would be here along time

^Those are both excellent choices.

I bought 1984, because I just love the film.
This movie is so relevant to today's government. We were promised an end to the war. transparency in government, and so much more. Maybe that should have been a red flag by promising so much.
Richard Burton is so convincing in his role, and the sets looks like the book described them. I really do love the film.