Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Through the Olive Trees

I loved this movie but hard to say why exactly. Just a near perfect mix of a simple story, great acting, interesting characters and expert direction. I think it's the first Kiarostami movie I've seen but won't be the last.

9/10

[REC], [REC]2, [REC]3

Spanish series of Zombie movies. I like the first one quite a lot - has one of the best endings I've seen in a horror movie. Second one is still pretty good and follows on from the themes revealed at the end of the first but the third one sucks.

7/10, 6/10, 3/10

This essay describes my thoughts better than I could if you're interested. It's less about "liking" it though, as there are multiple films I can watch under pretense of engagement with ideas rather than enjoyment. Perhaps I'm more predisposed to being open to bizarre stuff but I'm certainly not alone on this one.
Ideas rather than enjoyment? How about reading a non-fiction book about ideas?

Movies are about enjoyment and not the best means for the transmission of knowledge.

In Time (2011)

You know that movies with good idea that you like at the beginning but at the end there’s actually no good sides of the movie that you can point out to someone who didn’t see it? Yes, In Time is one of that kind.
Development of characters almost couldn’t be shallower, there’s a few plot holes, acting of some supporting actors is terrible and so on, but all in all it isn’t all bad. It’s fun and mostly interesting and really enjoyable to Sci-Fi/Action lovers but to someone expecting new Gattaca this will be disappointing.

[b]6,4/10
What? 6,4 for that cr*p? In Time is easily a
movie. Ludicrously awful, featuring some of the worst acting ever, a plot that makes Avatar's plot look original and an outdated vulgar-marxist social message.

Movies are about enjoyment and not the best means for the transmission of knowledge.
Movies are ideas, fool. You can be entertained by an idea just as easily as an animated monster in an elevator. Do I really have to elaborate on that?

Are you saying you enjoyed Battle of Algiers because massacres are entertaining? Or is it because the ideas behind the film were interesting?

Movies are ideas, fool. You can be entertained by an idea just as easily as an animated monster in an elevator. Do I really have to elaborate on that?

Are you saying you enjoyed Battle of Algiers because massacres are entertaining? Or is it because the ideas behind the film were interesting?
You are contradicting yourself.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Django Unchained (2012)

Fun film. I was afraid Tarantino was going to be too excessive with the homages, but he finds the right balance between telling his own story and staying true to the Western genre. Felt a little long and extravagant at times, but still a pleasant surprise, especially considering my rather ambivalent viewpoint on Tarantino as a filmmaker.

Safety Last! (1923)

Hugely entertaining slice of silent comedy from Harold Lloyd. Daring stunts, timeless gags and a genuine, compelling story at its heart makes this film a blast to watch.

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
The Hangover 3. Ugh. I wish I had a hangover after watching it. At least I would know I had a good time.

The Fast and the Furious 6 - 6/10
The ABCs of Death - 8.5/10

THX 1138 -- 2 of 5 stars

A little too slow for my liking. Give me those Star Wars prequels over this any day. I can see clearly that it was based off a student film--it has that student feel. I don't like movies that seem like art for art's sake. Whereas I didn't enjoy 2001: A Space Odyssey the first time around, I feel a second viewing will change my opinion. With THX, however, I don't think I'll give it a second chance.

Leaving Las Vegas 7/10

Intense movie with solid performances from Nicolas Cage and Elisabeth Sue and also with an excellent sountrack.

Fast and Furious 6

Car chases, action, few laughs, car chases, action, few laughs. And more car chases and action. And a little more action. Meh. 5/10

Side Effects

Cast
Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, Jude Law and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Directed by
Steven Soderbergh.
Written by
Scott Z. Burns.

4 out of 5

Side Effects is a psychological thriller full of intrigue and offers some very unexpected twists throughout, in my books it is a must see and one of the better movie releases so far this year.