Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Both really good movies. Very different, though. Depends on your mood. One's more of a fast-moving thriller with a classic car chase. The other is a very (emotionally) moving often hard to handle drama.

Gosford Park (2001)

This is my first Altman movie EVER. I'm really excited! I hope I'll like it.
I can use all the hints about Altman movies, by the way!

Mary and Max (2009)

This looks like a very interesting film and a friend of mine recommended it. So if there is any time left tonight, I'm watching this too.

The Ladykillers (2004)

I didn't see the original version yet, but I can't wait to finish the Coen Brothers' filmography, so I'm making an exception on my rule to never watch remakes before the original film. I guess it will differ a lot from the original one anyway, as the Coen Brothers always have very specific ideas.
This is widely seen as the Coen Brothers' worst film, so I'm curious if I'll share this opinion. After this watch, I will be able to say that I've seen all the released feature films that are made by the Coen Brothers (directed and written). I haven't disliked one yet, so I hope this one doesn't screw up their wonderful streak!

Top Hat (1935)

I've never seen a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie before, but I have seen some clips, just like the famous Cheek to Cheek dance sequence of this film. I'm looking forward to seeing it in a bigger context.

Grave of the Fireflies (1988)

This will be my first non-Miyazaki-directed Studio Ghibli film and it is seen as one of the best. I'm looking forward to this!

Swing Time (1936)

I loved Top Hat's escapism, so if I'm not too tired after the first movie, I'll watch this other Astaire/Rogers classic!

The Great Gatsby (2013)

I'm a huge DiCaprio fan, so I'm really looking forward to watching this in cinema tomorrow afternoon!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Airplane (1980)

Not keen on comedies, so I've got Night of Living Dead in case I didn't like it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

My second Altman film is on the menu tonight:

MASH (1970)

It's the film that made him succesful and it's still considered his biggest classic by many people. I'm very curious wether I'll like it or not.

On the menu tonight:

Howl's Moving Castle (2004)

I have two Miyazaki feature films left to see (this one and Castle in the Sky). I decided to watch this one first, as I'm very curious which movie had the badluck to walk in the footsteps of Spirited Away, which is still his best movie I've seen so far.

The Player (1992)

I'm continuing my Altman spree, as I liked the two movies I've already watched from him.

Zodiac (2007)

I loved Se7en and Fight Club and I liked The Game and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Hopefully I'll enjoy this Fincher flick too.