Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I think the last movie ive watched is Ice Age 2. Well, my kids are watching it so many times already and im hooked into it also. SO rate is 10/10.

The Thin Red Line (1998)

One of the strongest anti-war movies ever. Concentration isn’t on battle at Guadalcanal itself but on the consequences that bloody conflicts like that leave on people involved.
Directing is phenomenal, Malick did a great job. This is one of best directed movies ever. An average shot length of 8 seconds speaks for itself. Visual impression and atmosphere are at the top of the genre, a little behind Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket.
It's tiring and sometimes hard to watch but that's the point and it's definitely must see of the war genre.

8,5/10

Police Academy (1984)

Police Academy is one of the guilty pleasures. We all know it's bad but we all have seen it, had a few laughs and when we see it on TV we watch at least a bit of it. Some of us even tried to watch the sequels but that’s complete different category of guilty pleasures.
The best part of movie is main music theme. It stays in your mind forever and always brings good feelings. Everything else is just bad. So bad that it became hilarious and at the end it became cult movie and a queen of trash comedies.
Police Academy is a bunch of stereotypes, exaggerations and caricature characters in situations and dialogs that have no sense at all. But that's the charm of it.

6/10

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
These are the last 3 films I saw.

Argo (2012)

Not sure if it's one of my favorite films of 2012 yet, but it's definitely one of the most intense I've ever seen. A terrific cast, a wonderful premise based off true events, and it kept my heart pounding right up until the end. I have virtually no problems with this film, honestly, other than a few trite lines here and there. One of the best of 2012, from my objective standpoint. From a personal view, it was heartfelt, sincere, and kept me interested all the way through.

4/4 stars

Lincoln (2012)

A film that's really all about the man: Abraham Lincoln. He had an enormous battle in front of him, trying to pass the 13th Amendment, and this film portrays his inner conflicts and the racists he faced to have the amendment passed. Some historical inaccuracies bother me, but the story is riveting, the writing superb, and the acting downright flawless from all directions, especially from Daniel Day-Lewis (the man completely disappeared into the role) and Tommy Lee Jones (a firebrand performance all the way through). Definitely a must-own, even if the history flaws bother you.

3.5/4 stars

Django Unchained (2012)

This film can only be summed up in one word: merciless. Merciless in its portrayal of slavery, the racism of the time, and its over-the-top violence. And you know what? It's still an awesome flick! Great characters (especially Calvin Candy and Dr. King Shultz), excellent writing, and a very long but satisfying story make this film one of my favorites of 2012, and earns a top spot on my top Tarantino films, right behind Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2.

4/4 stars

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Iron Man 3 - alternatively known as 'We Had Sushi'

Rated: PG-13 - Tendancies towards violence, strong language.

Tagline: The next scream you hear may be that of the cinema manager!

Plot synopsis: Mild-mannered mother sets aside her abhorrence of all things Robert Downey Jr to take her beloved son to see a recently released comic book film. Being sensible of the fact that they are new to the region the mild-mannered mother rings around to find a cinema that is wheelchair friendly as the young boy is a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair. Finds wheelchair friendly cinema and makes arrangements to attend an evening showing of the film. Mild-mannered mother and excited young boy drive two hours to cinema...Accessing cinema complex easily only to be told that--despite prior arrangements being made--demand for ticketing for the particular session meant that the manager had placed (removable) seating in the area which accommodates wheelchairs when needed. Mild-mannered mother confronts cinema manager about the predicament, and is forthwith told that the now-dissapointed boy could come back another time or he could get out of his wheelchair and sit on the ledge that runs around the perimeter of the cinema. Mild-mannered mother is not going to let her beloved now-disappointed son be treated as such and verbal dresses down cinema manager. Cinema manager tries to placate mild-mannered mother and now-disappointed boy with 10 free movie tickets--salt in the wound. When this doesn't placate mild-mannered mother cinema behemothic (he was huge(!)) manager tries to intimidate by stepping into the personal space of mild-mannered mother. After some verbal tussling between mild-mannered mother and ignorant behemothic cinema manager the now-disappointed boy manages to convince his mother to leave before she goes all Tommy Riordan on the ignorant behemothic cinema manager's ass. Mild-mannered mother and still-disappointed boy go eat sushi and visit the planetarium.

Cast:
Mild-mannered mother - Dash
Still-disappointed boy - Dash's 13 year old son
Ignorant behemothic cinema manager - ignorant behemothic cinema manager whose ass has been reported

0/5

I would have written a proper review (albeit in my usual off-centred way) if I had actually been able to see the film. Perhaps instead I shall leave you with what was almost the headline on the overnight newsfeeds:

'Petite woman commits a felony against behemothic cinema manager.'

Lincoln (2012)

A film that's really all about the man...Definitely a must-own, even if the history flaws bother you.
Two things. These sentences make no sense together. Also, it was definitely not all about the man, it was all about the amendment.

Iron Man 3

I would have written a proper review (albeit in my usual off-centred way) if I had actually been able to see the film.
Well, that was a dramatic review of a scene from Iron Woman. What a villain that manager is. The heroine fought the good fight.

Looking forward to the victorious sequel.

Well, that was a dramatic review of a scene from Iron Woman. What a villain that manager is. The heroine fought the good fight.

Looking forward to the victorious sequel.
I have never acted so unladylike in public before...or have I ever wanted to punch someone so much. The man was an ignoramus.

Hopefully there will never be an occasion for a sequel or remake.

Hmm...Black Widow...I could get away with wearing black all the time...

Hopefully there will never be an occasion for a sequel or remake.
I meant when you and your son see Iron Man 3.

Btw, how was the sushi?

I meant when you and your son see Iron Man 3.

Btw, how was the sushi?
Oh. D'oh!

I've been given an Iron Man 3 reprieve until it comes out on DVD. To make up for the disappointment my son now wants to inflict Star Trek Into Darkness (he's a Trekkie, I'm a Star Wars fangirl) upon me when it is released here next week.

Sushi was great, thanks for asking. Planetarium was the best part of the evening.

Blow 8/10 - Very entertaining story of George Jung, credited with being the man who helped create the cocaine culture in the USA in the laste 70s/early 80s. Great true story, whether embellished or not, light hearted for the most part with some emotion as well, and interesting (to me) subject matter.

The Cabin in the Woods 7/10 - 2nd time I have watched this so knew more what to expect. Very clever film full of nice touches for horror fans, (although no real horror or scares as such) and the mystery over what is happening also kept my non-horror guests entertained nicely as well! Not the genre changer it was hyped to be, but funny, gross and awesome monster fun

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection

Decided to revisit these films as has been years since I've seen any. Alien seemed slightly dated but still very good, Alien 3 was much worse than I remembered and Alien Resurrection was better. Aliens still the best.

8/10, 9/10, 3/10, 6/10

Good, but holy **** crazy would be more suitable.
Cabin in the Woods gets a little bit worse for me every time I watch it, but it's still a pretty great parody. First time I saw it, though, I basically had your reaction and I loved it.