Rank The Saw Movies

Tools    

Wonder if any Saw fans are here on Movie Forums. I know a lot of people don't care for them but the series is among my favorite Horror series and I love it as a whole. For the time it was something creative and fresh, and while one can argue the series wore out it's appeal over the course of so many sequels, it's impact on the genre is definitely there.

Any Saw fans here, how do you rank all seven movies of the set in your order of preference? For me they go:

Saw II
Saw
Saw VI
Saw V
Saw IV
Saw VII
Saw III

Give me all of your candy!
Really only cared for the first one, but mine is pretty similar actually. Just switch I and II.

Saw
Saw IV
Saw II
Saw III
Saw V
Saw: The Final Chapter
Saw VI

I think Saw, Saw II and Saw IV had the most interesting and better twists out of the whole series.

Saw II
Saw III
Saw
(best twist in the series, though)
Saw VI
Saw IV
Saw: The Final Chapter
Saw V

Apparently I have missed some, I thought there were only 6 and I never watched the 6th one.

There's seven entries in all. In addition there's also two video games that are set in-between the events of the first and second films that fill in some gaps and explain more things.

On a related note, I think I'll post my favorite trap per movie.

1 - Jaw Splitter
2 - Needle Pit
3 - Rack
4 - Knife Chair
5 - Pendulum
6 - Steam Maze
7 - Garage/Car Trap

One of the things I love about the series are it's inventive and elaborate death traps.

Hi Shadow, yeah I loved the Saw movies, they came out around my birthday and when the first one came out my friend treated me to a free ticket. We both came out of the cinema suitably chilled and I really felt like I'd never seen anything like it, since then I stuck with them right to the end (much to my friends dismay at the weakening of the series) but it will always have a place in my heart. Not sure I could rate them in order but the first was definitely a game changer, for better or worse.

The first Saw is the only one I didn't see in theaters. Must've been a great movie to see unspoiled for the first time. It's easy for people to look back on the series with dismay but when it first burst onto the scene there was nothing like it for sure.

agreed Shadow, the first one blew my mind, can't say I was really into horror before I saw Saw.

I've been a long-time Horror fan since I was small. I love the series and it was a lot of fun seeing the newest sequel every October since 2005 and speculating where the series could go next.

I've only seen part of the first one and all of the second one. I didn't care for those movie. Not sure why they are so hyped.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

The Saw movies were blood n gore without being mindless nonesence.
First one was my favourite.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I only watched the first four, and it would 1, 4, 2 and 3. The fourth one is probably my favourite, but the first one is the best of the series.

If you enjoyed the first four then the other three are definitely worth seeing. 4 ties heavily into the following two sequels as well.