Underworld

Tools    

said to be a "Matrix-isque" Romeo and Juliett between a werewolf and a vampire.

Being a big fan of both Vampire movies & Werewolf movies, I cant decide if I like the idea or hate it with complete and total passion.

Read the full article HERE

What do you guys think.

Hmmm... It sounds like it has potential, and I do like Kate Beckinsale, although her list of past script choices has at least one ginormous blot upon it (I'll give you a hint: it starts with "Pearl" and ends with "Harbor").

Add to that a video director making his first feature, and the fact that "werewolf vs. vampire" movies don't have the best track record... There's much to be skeptical about.

But I'm definitely interested. I'll be keeping tabs on this one--thanks for the heads-up, FF!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by FiLm Fr3aK
said to be a "Matrix-isque" Romeo and Juliett between a werewolf and a vampire.
Good lord, they will make anything into a movie, wont they?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

==================================================
By Christopher Wehner

Underworld is a monster-matching story, but at its core
is a dark and complex narrative that almost succeeds.
Set in Budapest, Hungary, the monsters wage a centuries
old war on each other. The "Underworld" is a massive
subterranean bunker system still standing from World
War II, and is where the werewolves hideout. The vampires
hide in a heavily guarded old mansion. The werewolves
are kind of your street gang thugs, while the vampires
are your, as Jesse Jackson might say, "corporate
hoods." Sophisticated, intelligent, and plotting.

According to reports, the movie looks to start production
in September, 2002 in Budapest, Hungary. The director
is Len Wiseman, who started out working as a prop
designer for movies like Independence Day and Stargate,
before becoming a director of music videos for groups
like Megadeth and En Vogue. Music video directors are
a hit and miss breed as motion picture directors. Some
pan out, and some don't. The continuity of this story
(any story for that matter) is crucial and with a first-
time feature film director, that could spell t-r-o-u-
b-l-e.

Somehow this story has been neatly mentioned as being
inspired by William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet,"
the next thing you know it will receive an Oscar
nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay. There is a
love story of sorts involved, but it's a subplot and
not a very well developed one.

Underworld is a wild story when at its best vivid and
engrossing, containing some of the best action sequences
I've read to date (with enough ZIPS, BLAMS, BANGS, and
KABOOMS to make any CGI programmer froth at the mouth.)

Read more:
http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/s...underworld.htm

source: Screenwriters Monthly Newsletter

Release Date: Fall, 2003

Plot: Underworld reimagines Vampires as a secretive clan of modern, aristocratic sophisticates whose mortal enemies are the Lycans (werewolves), a shrewd gang of street thugs who prowl the city's underbelly. The balance of power is upset when a beautiful young Vampire and a nascent Lycan - deadly rivals for centuries - fall in love. Len Wiseman directs Kate Beckinsdale and Scott Speedman in a fast-paced, modern-day tale of deadly action, ruthless intrigue and forbidden love, all set against the backdrop of an ancient feud between the two tribes in a timeless, Gothic metropolis.

Director: Len Wiseman

Cast: Kate Beckinsdale, Scott Speedman, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen

info and stills from Joblo.com
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallunderworld2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	557  

sounds like a good movie to me
i'm eagerly anticipating it

Vampires vs. Werewolves: who will win? I'm thinkin' King Kong or space aliens could beat the ***** outta both of 'em.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My money’s on the vampire… she’s already dead… … jrs, have you seen the poster for this with the face of the werewolf in the moon?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I've seen it that poster too, Caitlyn. I don't know, I think I'd like to see this one too. The more vampires and werewolves the better...

Underworld at imdb

looks damn good to me...looove vampire stories

is this the one youse meant???
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	underworld.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1059  

That’s it… … Thanks n7... That one is my favorite so far… I love vampire stories too and this one just looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun…

Has anyone heard anything about this movie.

Vampries are at war with Werewolves. Looks interesting, but I don't know a lot about it at this point.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/

Does anyone know the name of the band/song that is playing in the background of the trailer?

I have no clue what this film is about. I have planned it as such, which was unavoidable as I first heard about the film 45 seconds ago when I read this thread.

The film "Underworld" looks gothic. Apparently the filmmakers are going for that trendy horror film look in which the good guys aren't all that good, the bad guys sorta cartoony, and the Sun is on hiatus.

Werewolves vs. Vampires interests me. I enjoy films of the past from both genres. I particularly like my horror films spiked with humor, such as "American Werewolf in London". I cracked up every time I saw the protagonists dead buddy talking to him, his face falling apart after being attacked on the English moors by a werewolf.

"Underworld" might be worthwhile. Why no ugly people ever cast in these films? The female in the picture on the official site looks awfully attractive. Damn, I have fallen prey to the eye candy that execs use to first lure unsuspecting film viewers a little closer. Now I need to see what the fuss is about, and am clearing my schedule the day "Underworld" opens as I must see!

Rock & Roll.

Focker.

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
Does anyone know the name of the band/song that is playing in the background of the trailer?
Hey, my first post, so I hope I'm right Anyway, I believe that song is called "Red Tape" by Agent Provocateur. I also believe that song was on the soundtrack to the movie The Jackal (Bruce Willis, Richard Gere). Yeah, I'm almost positive it was because that was the song playing when The Jackal ambushed those few FBI members and that lady. Hope this helps.