Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Last movie seen was Mary and Max (2009). Loved it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Killing Them Softly

I rather enjoyed the realistic grittiness as opposed to the sensational/Hollywood approach to the genre. The actors across the board did excellent work, retaining the very believable essence of the story line. The unique quality of the film was that, with a lot of flicks, there's a very strong musical background to the scenes, while this relied on political speeches - rather intriguing.
I think the only downfall was the 98 min running time, which is my own pettiness because all that needed to be done was done in the scope of the story, so. . .
Definitely worthwhile

Not Enough Time
Milo & Otis - 5/5

I love this movie!!!!!!!! I hadn't watched it in a few years, and immediately remembered why I love it. It's such a good story, and the narration (the british gentleman's name is slipping my mind) is perfect. Not to mention it's all real footage that was cut and edited. The only downside is I rarely can stay awake through the whole thing because it's like a bedtime story. Love it, love it, love it, adding it to my top ten.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

I watched one last night, Decision Against Time. It was a British B movie that came out in the 50's starring Jack Hawkins. I was very impressed with this one, great script and a cast of great actors. Exciting and very well done. Even in this day and age it keeps you on the edge of your seat. 5 out of 5.

Charlie St Cloud

Ummm not much to say, seemed very predictable but I thought the parts with his brother in the woods was good. Not bad if there is nothing else on TV to watch.

*pic may not load

Tree of life
Fairly disappointed, I had high hopes for this one, but it didn't live up to my expectation's, far too arty farty for my liking, the middle part of the film was pretty good, just the beginning and the end was too much for me,

7/10

The Most Beautiful

This was the last movie in the First Films of Kurosawa collection I got from Criterion. I also have to say it was my least favorite of the 4. While the look and feel was great, it was a Japanese war propaganda film that stressed the need to work hard even at the expense of one's own family life. It was not something I could swallow. Kurosawa stated himself that he did not believe the films message. But he did do a hell of a job shooting it so that counts for something.

2.5/5

Cloud Atlas

I loved the book and read it twice. I was really disappointed with the directors' choice to ditch the narrative structure (in the book each story is told in two parts from most historical to furthest in the future, then back again). The result of this led a confused end product, which, without reading the book, I could not have followed.

Cloud Atlas

I loved the book and read it twice. I was really disappointed with the directors' choice to ditch the narrative structure (in the book each story is told in two parts from most historical to furthest in the future, then back again). The result of this led a confused end product, which, without reading the book, I could not have followed.
Glad to hear you say that. I didn't read the book (although a friend gave me a copy a few years ago) and I found the movie a bit of a mess.

Unregistered User

8/10
Absolutely loved the Jimi Hendrix in this. Also, Ralph Brown's character Danny was absolute genius, with his Camberwell carrot.

Good Night and Good Luck (2005) - Very nice movie. 6.5/10.

I really liked 'The Gospel of Us' - powerful stuff... Anyone else seen it?