Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yes Long takes are absolutely brilliant, love these two:
and
I love long takes, and they were brilliant in this film. The Pool Party scene is probably my favourite scene in the movie.

Iron Giant -

Very good, but not the masterpiece some say it is. Characterizations aren't deep and the plot is too simplistic, the villain is a carboard character that suits the cartoon stereotype in the US. The movie also lacks in it's pacing, being too fast paced to breathe properly, as result it feels rushed and artificial. Still very good, but not a masterpiece by any measure.

Brad Bird's films became better later on, with Ratatoille, his best, reaching

Tokyo Story -

Holy mother of GOD! The first time I watched Tokyo Story I had rated it
, because I was unable to fully master it (partly thanks to the reason that people in the house started to make noise during the middle of the movie at the time but also because it was my first Ozu and so I wasn't adapted to his style), now, I fully got it and it is easily one of the greatest movies ever made. I cried several times. It is on par with Ikiru and Grave of the Fireflies in the tearjerker category.

This is a first rate cinematic masterpiece that pierces the human soul. My top 10 got a new entry, no, top 5!

Dog Day Afternoon -

Very good drama, very good acting. Pacino is one of the greatest.

Cargo (2009)

Wow. I was really pleasantly surprised by this movie. It's a sci-fi flick that's closely inspired by Aliens and is largely remeniscent of Moon. But what struck me is the visuals. The film looks absolutely stunning. And is a good watch.

7.5 / 10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
X-Men: First Class

I didn't know I'd enjoy it so much.

Tokyo Story

I fell in love with Setsuko Hara.

what? only
???? Noooooooooooooooooo............. Well, first time I watched it I didn't think it was so great, but after watching half a dozen Ozu films, one should be able to fully get the subtle greatness of these movies.

Also, put a smaller picture, please.

Night of the Hunter

+

Duh. I was really torn apart between
and
. Will be seeing it again in the future.

The Face of Another

Outstanding film, which tops Woman in the Dunes in my book.

Have to agree partly with BlueLion on The Third Man. I liked the movie very much but the zither music almost drove me to distraction. Oh well, it wasn't enough to make me dislike the movie and Welles' first appearance in the film is a classic scene and it's just him smiling somewhat, but it's all about time and place in this instance.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, for the 2nd time, this time at home on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed it so much better than at the theater in 3-D...my eyes just can't take 3 hours of 3-D! But I had more time to pick up on various things instead of being wowed at all the effects, etc. And I wasn't as annoyed by Sylvester McCoy as Radagast as I was the first time.
I still prefer the "on a scale of one-to-ten" meter but I thought I'd give the popcorn a try just for fun.