Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Rented these and will probably watch one of the following:

I am the Watcher in the Night
Last night I re-watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and really think it is a great sci-fi comedy. It's a genre that is hard to do right but damn did they get it bang on point. Tonight I plan to re-watch Serpico.

I've never been a huge fan of that movie and think it is slightly over rated but at the constant bugging of my friend I'm going to give it another shot.

Being John Malkovich (1999)

I've already seen two Kaufman movies (Adaptation. and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) and I liked them both, so I'm looking forward to watch the film that instantly made him one of the most wanted screenwriters in Hollywood.

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

When this came out, it was called one of the greatest films ever made and it still seems to have many followers and fans, but there are also people who have their (minor) doubts about its brilliance. I'm curious to find out which side I will join.

Boogie Nights is a masterpiece, I saw you gave There Will Be Blood a rating of
so hopefully you'll enjoy it
I hope so too. There Will Be Blood for me is one of the best films of the past decade, I initally gave it a rating of 4.5 (or 9/10), but my rating has increased to 10/10 now and I haven't even watched it for a second time. Pure masterpiece. Hopefully in less than a month time I'll have seen all of Paul Thomas Anderson's films.

This one is probably top 5 (perhaps even top 3) of the 90s for me. Enjoy it! This is arguably my favorite movie of PTA. Although I think all of his films are of a very high quality.

I hope so too. There Will Be Blood for me is one of the best films of the past decade, I initally gave it a rating of 4.5 (or 9/10), but my rating has increased to 10/10 now and I haven't even watched it for a second time. Pure masterpiece. Hopefully in less than a month time I'll have seen all of Paul Thomas Anderson's films.
You'll find a lot of love for him around here, I know Hitchfan and Skepsis love PTA as well.

I've still actually got two films of his to see myself: Magnolia and Punch-Drunk Love, I've kind of been saving Magnolia for a while now so might finally watch it on the weekend or something, I just hold him in so high regard because I honestly think three of the four films I've seen are masterpieces and all very different, Sydney was a very solid first feature as well, so far I'd rate his films:

There Will Be Blood

Boogie Nights

The Master

Sydney / Hard Eight

Getting bonged and watching the following:

Mulholland Dr for sure

Happy Together/Hour of the Wolf on the maybe.
Getting bonged and watching Mulholland Drive, now that sounds like it'd be a very bizarre experience