Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I'm probably watching:

Sydney (1996)

I really like PTA. I've seen all his films, except The Master and this one, so I'm very curious.

I'll probably also watch another movie but I'm going to follow the mood I'm in tonight for that choice. (Maybe Rushmore (1998) or Notorious (1946))
Hard Eight is alright. Not nearly as good as all other PTA films, honestly.

Like Daft Punk's tune: ONE MORE TIME!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Yet to see a comedy to make me die of laughter. Perhaps that's the one?

No, that one won't do it.

Coincidently, my mum was reading a letter from my Granddad to my Grandma that he sent her during WWII and, in it, he mentions and recommends this 'new film' he's just seen called Arsenic & Old Lace. It sounded odd to see it refered to as a new film.

Yet to see a comedy to make me die of laughter. Perhaps that's the one?
When I first saw Meet the Parents in the cinema, although there was lots of laughter from the rest of the audience, I was almost embarrassed at how hard I was laughing.

I found the satirical treatment of the Jewish guy's extremely awkward entry to his shiksa girlfriend's Wasp family habitat - a situation in which I've found myself more than once - to be absolutely genius.

In the Mood for Love

and then maybe Shame for a rewatch, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance for the first time, or something else entirely.

Probably gonna check out Safety Not Guaranteed.

Ok. I'm going for two thrillers tonight.

Blood Simple. (1984)

The very first picture of the Coen Brothers. This can't possibly go wrong.

Bringing Out the Dead (1999)

I absolutely don't know what to expect. I hope it surprises me. Scorsese never let me down, so I hope he can captivate me again with this film.

Which one should I watch first?

Ok. I'm going for two thrillers tonight.

Blood Simple. (1984)

The very first picture of the Coen Brothers. This can't possibly go wrong.

Bringing Out the Dead (1999)

I absolutely don't know what to expect. I hope it surprises me. Scorsese never let me down, so I hope he can captivate me again with this film.

Which one should I watch first?
I like them both, but I think Blood Simple is the better film. I'd probably watch Blood Simple first as it's shorter, and Bringing Out the Dead may be better to watch a little later in the night. It's not Scorsese's best, but still a very good movie.

Zombie Preparedness Expert
I don't know about tonight, but I plan to watch Wreck-It Ralph on Friday! I have a lot on my Netflix plate - I already watched Time Bandits and (on DVD) Another Earth today.

Maybe Serpico tonight - classic Al Pacino with Sidney Lumet directing? It has to be good.

2nd movie tonight-

I'm wondering what you thought of it.

I saw it a few nights ago and thought it sucked.

I'm watching my 10th Coen Brothers film today:

Barton Fink (1991)

I'm going to like this. I can feel it already.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm also (probably) watching:

Antichrist (2009)

It's only my second Lars Von Trier film. I already watched Melancholia and I really liked that one.
I heard that this film is more 'shocking', so I'm very curious. I hope it will have some significant and interesting substance.