Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Lethal Weapon 7/10

This is released soon in America as a film called 6 Souls, getting a limited cinema release apparently. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, a decent straight to dvd horror/thriller film. You do expect better though considering the actress and actor in the lead roles.

Just watched The Grave of the Fireflies for the first time. Though it was moving, honestly I did expect more. But still a solid 7/10
What more did you expect?

It is one of those "look at me I am a masterpiece" type of movies.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
What more did you expect?

It is one of those "look at me I am a masterpiece" type of movies.
To be honest, it was a fine movie and all, but almost at the point where it was a bit too depressing.

To be honest, it was a fine movie and all, but almost at the point where it was a bit too depressing.
I see. I rate movies based on the strength of the emotional experience. So, the more depressing, the better!

Tried to watch 'Pirate Radio.' - 3/10
It took a great premise - a pirate radio station off the shores of the UK in 1966 - and through poor writing and directing, immediately brought in all the cliched situations you can think of.
There was nowhere for the impressive cast to go.
Stopped watching after half an hour.

Evil Aliens. A dark comedy about space aliens. Blood and guts from beginning to end, guts ripped out, arms and legs torn off, the aliens getting chopped with a combine, one scene shows a guy getting his a-hole reamed out with a 2" drill but it was filmed in such a way that it was kind of a sick humor. I liked it, but I wouldnt want to watch it again.

Haywire

The action choreography was cool. Gina Carano plays it a little too stiff for my taste and - since just about every frame is zoomed in on her trademark smirk - the movie disappoints me in that regard. I'd be surprised if she keeps getting big roles like this.

Overall, an enjoyable film. I wouldn't call it particularly good.

wreck it ralph