Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

WR: Mysteries of the Organism

My new great inspiration.
Like Chytilova's Daisies (1966), it irritated me quite a little. Provocative, but ultimately a frustrating and underwhelming experience.

Horible bosses - it stands out from latest comedies due to being actually funny. Great acting - Kevin Spacey, leading trio or even Colin Farrell (although his part could've been bigger), nice plot, few hilarious gags.

Oh, and Jennifer Aniston haven't been this hot since Friends.

Overall 7/10.

Blue Velvet (1986)

I'm a big fan of black, twisted, intense and sometimes absurdly funny thrillers like this one. Especially when it's executed in such a wonderful style. The colors and the scenery of this film are sublime! The effect of darkness and noir is made stronger with great music, which accompanies the picture perfectly. Amazing experience! Lynch is a true artist.

How to Train Your Dragon

Great film, thoroughly entertaining and it has quite a few funny moments too. A highly enjoyable experience, I'm really glad I saw it.

Au Hasard Balthasar

My first Bresson. All around excellent, but not exactly entertaining, art house tale of the life of a donkey, which Bresson said was a metaphor for Christianity.

Panda Kopanda

The first film Miyazaki wrote and the second Takahata directed is still rather unrefined and simplistic if compared to their later output, still has more artistic value than anything Disney ever did.

Diary of a Country Priest

My second Bresson. Not as good as the first (the one about Balthazar, the donkey).

Jaws

Yes, I had never watched Jaws before! It's all around excellent and still is one of the best hollywood blockbuster movies ever made (I would prefer only Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, which are more "magical"), still all around excellent, one of Spielberg's best movies.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Just finished watching "The Men who stare at Goats" and came away with a big smile on my face. A genuinely heart felt movie which has a deeper message but it doesn't ram it home like certain other films out there. Add to that it was funnier than almost all the "comedies" released by Adam Sandler over the last decade and you have something which is damn god to watch. A solid 7/10.

Scream (1996)

I had not seen this yet and didn't expect something good, but it was rather enjoyable. There were some nice suspense moments and the plot twist was satisfying. I will watch the sequels in the not too distant future.

Hero (2002)

This film has brilliant visuals and colors. It's an amazing experience. The fight scenes and the decors were really beautifully to look at! I couldn't keep my eyes away from the screen during the whole movie.

I also really like Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung. They have great chemistry on screen in every film they're in.

AWESOME!

A Bronx Tale. Nice idea in theory, didn't really work in practice. Very weak male lead actor and de Niro and Palimenteri are the only engaging actors in the whole movie.