Television Tab

Tools    

I'm assuming that's the US version, BB? I wouldn't mind seeing that myself, though I really do love the original so much that I worry I'll compare them.

Three episodes into The Following and I'm not sure if I'll make it to the end. After the first episode I'm thinking it's so stupid, but if it's enough fun I'll stick with it. I still think that, but I can see it getting too stupid at any moment. Also, enough with Kevin Bacon in close-up anguish brooding mode. It's driving me nuts.

I'm assuming that's the US version, BB? I wouldn't mind seeing that myself, though I really do love the original so much that I worry I'll compare them.
Yes, I was referring to the US one. I haven't seen the UK original and it'll probably be difficult to not compare them as I'm sure they're very similar - this version is probably a little more "sexed up" than the UK one, it is a US production afterall. But I think the level of performance, writing and direction (the first two episodes are directed by David Fincher) make it worth the watch.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Can anyone recommend a Freeview HD box? Since the digital switchover I can get RTÉ in HD (and the picture looks fantastic) but the British broadcasters, in their infinite wisdom, use a different codec (to everywhere else in Europe apparently) which my set can't decode without yet another box.

The new Humax box looks good but it's 200 notes.

The new Humax box looks good but it's 200 notes.
Make that 300.

Been doing a bit of research and I can upgrade my BT Vision subscription for £49 once I'm out of the 12 month contract in June. After that I'll be swapping my existing crap BT Vision service for one of those Humax Freeview+ HD boxes for the same fiver a month.

It's looking the best option so far.

Two more episodes of Engrenages/Spiral series 4 that were on last night, love this series so far and like how they are going into Joséphine Karlsson's(Audrey Fleurot) past this series.

I noticed just now that there's such a thread. I'm not a big fan of TV shows since I get hooked and it takes tons of time,so I'll just post what I've seen past the 18 years and what I want to see.

Futurama -

Breaking Bad -

Oz -

House MD -
(however,disliked 7th season a lot actually,but absolutely loved other seasons)
Boardwalk Empire -

The Sopranos -

Burn Notice -

Rescue Me -

LOST -

Prison Break
(haven't seen all of it,but the majority was very interesting)
The Simpsons -
(haven't seen all)
Six Feet Under -
(best season finale ever)
Nip/Tuck -

Watchlist:
Twin Peaks,Band Of Brothers,Dexter,The Wire,Game Of Thrones

I'm three episodes into the PBS miniseries Tales of the City. Has anyone else seen it? It's fascinatingly off-kilter; it has this wonderful, weird atmosphere to it and some of the performances are great. I'm not engrossed yet but it's interesting enough to keep me watching.

I think you'll find that's a Channel 4 programme, actually Skepsis. I saw the first episode when it was shown in the 90's, but I missed the rest. I don't remember thinking much of it, but it was a bit of a big deal at the time.

Quite simply one of the greatest shows of all time:

This series has started off not badly but I failed to make it to the end of Sunday's show. Rugby playing cars? I don't care how ironic they were being about the egg-chasers' 'hallowed turf'.

^ I can't stand Top Gear but switched over ready for Wonders of Life and rather enjoyed the Rugby Cars sports sequence, fabulous. And the use of the word sh*t before 9pm was rather amusing too.

^ The mention of Wonders of Life made me flashback to The Wonder Years

I'm watching several series now on Netflix, the horror series both The Hunger and Fear Itself, pretty good so far. I enjoy shorter tales.

Soon want to check out the UK Sherlock and the netflicks original House of Cards

The Mind of a Rampage Killer. Not sure if this was the exact title. I watched it on PBS. I thought it was an interesting analysis, often the case with PBS, Nova in particular. This film on rampage killing admitted often it is a complicated business and an unknown. There was an expiremental hospital for convicts, dealing with those having little or no chance from the streets. The negative thought immediatly entered my mind, 'I bet this is actually less expensive for the fed or state to fund than a maximum security prison.

The hour long informative shows on PBS can pull you in, very often on subjects you hadn't a clue you'd find interesting.

Imo, medical info in general are very generlized and labeled and trendy, not to mention being sick of medical news every few days on the national news, 'this is good for you, this is bad', especially when it is only in 10% or 5% precent and therefore in stats error territory, inevitably being taken back 5 or 10 years forward in time; 'eggs aren't all that bad in moderation', 'not enough this in turkey to really become more tired', 'not enough this in redwine to actually', etc. I've even heard bitter old doctor complain of similar things, 'salt only really effects a fraction of hypertension cases', 'many native to Alaska have unbelievably high cholesterol naturally and normally.' more whining... more moaning etc. etc....

Lilyhammer - Ach, 'twas pleasant enough for an episode or two but the Ballykissangel-meets-Fargo schtick got old pretty fast, as did Little Steven's reprise of Silvio.

House of Cards (the new one) - Liking an awful lot right now.

It's been 20 years since I watched the original House of Cards but I remember loving it do death. It and Bleasdale's GBH were when I really sat up and took notice of TV drama.

I'll probably revisit the BBC version once I'm done with Fincher's. I guess it'll have dated in the way that all TV drama seems a bit dated post-Sopranos, but as I still get a kick out of watching GBH and Edge of Darkness I expect I'll be able to live with it.

Well, you still get the wonderful Ian Richardson and that never gets old. I don't know about you, but House Of Cards also gives you Susannah Harker, who I also never get tired of seeing. I'd like to see the US version. I hope that I don't compare them too much and just enjoy it for the excellent political drama, I'm sure, it is.

Did anyone watch the Yes, Prime Minister remake? It took a couple of episodes, but I quite enjoyed it by the end.