Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Green Zone

Neat, very well made thriller, Matt Damon playing Matt Damon as usual, Jason Isaacs wasted in my opinion as a pretty generic bad guy, but Brendan Gleeson plays a blinder, as does the unknown Khalid Abdalla, playing a reluctant translator. Never heard of the film before, but saw it was on Film 4 last night so gave it a go & glad I did - 8/10

Les Miserables. I can't really rate it because I didn't watch it all. I had to leave the cinema, I couldn't take more singing. I know it's a musical and I only watched it because my acting teacher said it was brilliant. The acting was brilliant but the singing was killing me.

The Silence of the Lambs - 9/10

The Killing!

Great film noir! I really liked the story and the main character was extremely cool (Sterling Hayden is a boss). It's the oldest movie of Kubrick I've seen so far and we can already see the beginning of the great genius he will become. I also really liked the way he played with the chronology in this movie.

8+/10!

Currently watching Alien Hunter (2003)... appears to be a rip off of The Thing...

Barely 6 minutes in and I've already spotted footage stolen from Carpenter's The Thing and the overall premise also appears to have been re-stolen by the abysmal prequel to Carpenter's film.

My rating after about 15 minutes in: 0%

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Before Sunset:

Definitely better than Before Sunrise, less sophomoric and more elegiac. In just 80 minutes of conversation that must've been rehearsed for 9 years, we see the holistic impact of one night on there people's lives. And, for honeykid, I called all of the "Before..." movies a trilogy in the same way I would call Late Spring, Early Summer, and Tokyo Story a trilogy. While not created as one, they're three movies in a series that are connected.

For Nuwell: The three Before films (Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight) are co-written and directed by Richard Linklater, who I think is one of the most interesting American directors today. He has a very wide range of films. From the early promise of Slacker, to the romantic and insightful Before films, to the deeply philosophical Waking Life, even to his quirky comedies School of Rock and Bernie, he's created a very interesting film bank for himself.

The Good The Bad The Weird:

Great action and great comedy.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I finally went out of my way to watch Edward Scissorhands, and I have to say, while it was entertaining as all Johnny Depp movies are, and some very good underlying themes, I am actually disappointed in the movie.My older brother marketed it as one of Johnny Depp's best performances, which I don't think it was at all, and it had a lot of stupid in it, such as the characters.

Zero Dark Thirty -- A very surprising 2 1/2 stars. It could have been riveting. I'm still not even sure they killed bin Laden at the end due to the wacky camera angles and lack of detail. hehe.

Plus it's loaded with every cliche in the book. I really expected more.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Werckmeister Harmonies: 5 / 5

I had to watch it again because I was far too inexperienced the first time I saw it. There's something that's only possible with Tarr's long takes. Every scene feels like a short story or poem. It's the only film to ever move me to tears within the first 10 minutes. The wonderful thing about Tarr's camera as well is that he moves it so much, yet when he stops, he ends up with such thoughtful compositions. Before it was a film that I could appreciate, not like, but know I'm truly in love with this masterpiece.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Werckmeister Harmonies shows how powerful cinema is and how powerful it can get when all the elements perfectly blend together.

Argo

A very well acted and directed suspenseful thriller, I don't normally enjoy this type of movies but Argo is very good. Not only did Ben Affleck do great as a director once again, I think he delivered a very good performance too.

Werckmeister Harmonies: 5 / 5

I had to watch it again because I was far too inexperienced the first time I saw it. There's something that's only possible with Tarr's long takes. Every scene feels like a short story or poem. It's the only film to ever move me to tears within the first 10 minutes. The wonderful thing about Tarr's camera as well is that he moves it so much, yet when he stops, he ends up with such thoughtful compositions. Before it was a film that I could appreciate, not like, but know I'm truly in love with this masterpiece.
Hum. Let's see if I can appreciate it more if I gain more experience.

I remember the first time I watched Persona, I found it horrible. But the second time I watched it, I found it amazing.

Film tastes can change drastically.

Django Unchained

Tarantino did it again. Great movie! The part with DiCaprio in it was my favorite. He was absolutely amazing! It helped that his character was just a plain badass!

Great dialogue, great sets, great actors, great action and great suspense all together in one movie!

9(.5)/10

How To Train Your Dragon

Good animation film. I really liked Toothless, the dragon.

7.5/10

Why I liked this because what would you do for your loved ones. If you don't Love them, who gives a damn - certainly not me.

Earlier today, I bought and watched American Mary on Blu-ray and was hugely impressed by it! Directed by the Soska Sisters and staring a mainly female cast, the film looks at the dark and wild world of body modification and is one of the most original horror films I've seen in quite a while.

I'd definitely recommend seeing it! 9/10

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	am.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	9988