Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
An old, old oldie last night. D.W. Griffith's Intolerence or The Mother and the Law from 1916. Not a bad movie for being almost 100 years old. 6 out of 10.
For being almost 100 years old the movie is a masterpiece. It's revolutionary and fun to watch even now. Griffith's ending has become a standard in all latter action/thriller films.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Impossible- 8/10. Really gripping story to me, and great performances from Watts and the kid actor Tom Holland put up a hell of a performance as well. Rooting for a Watts nomination now.

Venus
- A nice acting piece for the cast. The sort of small character film that the British do so well.

For being almost 100 years old the movie is a masterpiece. It's revolutionary and fun to watch even now. Griffith's ending has become a standard in all latter action/thriller films.
True. Griffith was famous for developing the chase scene at the end of his movies. Even his controversial Birth of a Nation has a awesome to-the-rescue ending. He use filming techniques that had never been used before and in their day they were really something. I would like to see some of those movies where they used full symphony orchestras for the background music. That would be one hell of an experience.

Finding Nemo: 7.5/10

Really solid example of efficient storytelling and near flawless execution. Though lacks artistic depth and the jokes downplay the dramatic intensity of the film (and also, like most family films, the director is afraid of traumatizing the children).

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Family films shouldn't traumatize children. Pixar does tackle some pretty serious issues but manages to keep it age appropriate.

Splice (2009) - 6.5/10
Rock of Ages (2012) - 5/10
Kids Are All Right (2010) - 8/10

Man With A Movie Camera
- Wanted to turn it off after about 10 minutes. Promised myself I'd see it to the end after 20 minutes. Regretted that decision for the following 40 minutes, in what worked out to be about 5 minute intervals. Another in the "It may or may not be an important film in the history of cinema, but I knew I'd hate it and I did." list. Also, what the hell is it with the accompanying music? I hope that wasn't the original accompanying piece, as about half of it seemed to be very close to the music you hear on adverts when they're indicating that the surrounding cacophony is giving the person a headache.

Man With A Movie Camera
- Wanted to turn it off after about 10 minutes. Promised myself I'd see it to the end after 20 minutes. Regretted that decision for the following 40 minutes, in what worked out to be about 5 minute intervals. Another in the "It may or may not be an important film in the history of cinema, but I knew I'd hate it and I did." list. Also, what the hell is it with the accompanying music? I hope that wasn't the original accompanying piece, as about half of it seemed to be very close to the music you hear on adverts when they're indicating that the surrounding cacophony is giving the person a headache.
Oh man, I really loved that movie. True cinematic exploration and very unique. Yes it's a bit boring after awhile, but over all I found it very powerful

I'm glad you like it, Donnie, and I know there really are people out there, like yourself, who do. But that's a 3 second idea for a 10 minute film that goes on for an hour. They do "Morning" three times, for heavens sake! I'm starting to think it was Peter Jackson's inspiration for the end of ROTK.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
The Brothers Bloom 2/5

I really wanted to like this movie. I mainly rented it because I'm trying to discover more of Rian Johnson's works after seeing Looper. It had potential to be a good movie but because of Rachel Weisz and Adrian Brody leading it just felt very long. Mark Ruffalo made it enjoyable. It felt like it could've been a lot funnier if cast differently.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I will have to see The Man With a Movie Camera. I've heard nothing but good things, that is, until this honeykid guy saw it
Let's all take a minute to view Honeykid's favourite movies..