Pets

Tools    

I like the hot sorts you're posting nebbit, are you jealous?

Boris resting on his toys
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boris111.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	9763  

The Adventure Starts Here!
This is Bob and Frid. Bob was born on Easter this year and so is about eight months old. Frid was born on Veterans Day this year and just turned one month old. They are getting along quite well, and they are an incredible amount of fun.

And this, coming from an avowed cat lover who thought she'd always pine for another cat. I've been pleasantly surprised at how fun it is to have these two little guys in my home office with me.

(sigh) Why can't we upload pictures straight from our computers here? This annoys me. LOL
We can. It's under "Attach Files - Manage Attachments." Upload, grab the link and copy it into your post.

I have a grey and orange kittywitty named Missy and an adorable hairless rat named Ike

New rat!

Long story short, her stupid former owners dumped her at the local PetCo because they didn't want her anymore. She was pregnant at the time, but none of her babies survived.

I had sworn to myself that I wasn't going to any new rats for awhile and that I was only going to get males from here on out. But one of the employees asked if I wanted to hold her. I stupidly said yes. Needless to say I had to have her.

I'm tentatively naming her "Lolli" as in "Lollipop" as in another word for "Sucker" because that's what I am when it comes to rats.

Not Enough Time
Love all the rat photos!!! I love rats, I had a friend with pet rats and they are so cute and cuddly, they would sit on our shoulders when we watched TV and they don't BITE like hamsters do! at least hers didn't.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Love all the rat photos!!! I love rats, I had a friend with pet rats and they are so cute and cuddly, they would sit on our shoulders when we watched TV and they don't BITE like hamsters do! at least hers didn't.
Yep, as long as they're properly socialized, pet rats don't usually bite. The only major drawback is their short lifespans: 2-3 years on average.

I've been keeping pet rats since 2000 and I can't imagine not having them in my life. Little Lolli makes 3 rats currently, though I've had as many as 8 at a time in the past.

Semper Fooey
My now dead cat loved rats (well mice). She loved to play with them.

Just thought I'd post a couple of updated pics of Jasper, the shelter kitty I adopted last October. He was five months old then, which makes him about 1 year, 2 months now.

He's lucky that he's such a cute cat. He drives me crazy. He steals things (bread, pedometer, cell phone, underwear, socks), he drinks from toilets, he climbs window screens, he scratches furniture, he tries to attack my fish, he's tried to climb the chimney (got pretty far, too and of course was covered in soot), he gets into the garbage, he gets on the counters and kitchen table, he knocks things over, and he's climbed inside the washer, the dryer, the oven and the dishwasher. Oh and one time I found him asleep inside of a plastic bag.

He's a nuisance, but he's an adorable nuisance.

NEW RATS!!!!

Two neutered boys. I just adopted them yesterday from Rattie Ratz Rescue. They're staying with a friend for a few weeks to quarantine them and make sure they're totally healthy before I bring them home and intro them to my girl Lolli.

My friend took these pics with her cell phone, so you'll have to excuse the blurriness:

Unnamed boy #1

Unnamed boy #2

I'm considering naming one Ralph and the other Felix (as in Wreck-It Ralph and Fix-It Felix, Jr) but not sure if the names will stick or which name to give which rat.

In the Beginning...
Last year, my mother's favorite cat, Olivia, passed away. Mom was pretty down about it because the cat was just so sweet and she wasn't able to adopt her later until Olivia was a senior (already eight years old). She was an owner surrender and, when Mom found her, she was discounted to only $25.00. She only lived five or six more years, but she was a lovely little cat and a wonderful companion.

This past April, I found a lady in the UK who does phenomenal pet portraits in pastel. Her waiting list was long, but my dad and I planned to commission a commemorative portrait of Olivia for my mom's birthday in June.

Here was the result:

It's a beautiful portrait in person, too. She does astounding work. Definitely recommended.