4. Battleship Potemkin
5. Knife in the Water
6. Ten
7. Ivan's Childhood
8. Breathless
9. Eternity and a Day
10. Nothing More (Nada +)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wow! A lot of great movies on your list and some I have to see. Look at my favourite movies list. It's basically full of Non Hollywood movies. I'm glad to see The Passion of Joan of Arc at number 1, because the movie is terrific featuring the best female actor performance in the history. Metropolis and The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari are two movies I am dying to see. Battleship Potemkin is a classic masterpiece from Russian master Eisenstein. I am pleased to see Knife in the Water by Polanski on your list. Certainly there are better Polish movies, but this one has something about it. Not really interested in Ten, nor any other Kiarostami movie as I've seen two of them and they're mediocre. Ivan's Childhood coming from Tarkovsky is a great achievement of Russian 60s cinema. The kissing scene is legendary. I haven't seen anything by Godard, but I am going to change it as I'll be watching Alphaville soon. Eternity and a Day is my third favourite movie. Great piece of art! The last one I never heard of, but I am not really interested. Oh, and aforementioned scene:

Loved your reply, it would have been nice if you would have put your list in this thread as well, anyway, i will see it now...

yes, you must see Godard (like it or not), and yes, Nothing More is a very rare film, difficult to find. I happened to see it in a film festival, luckily...another film from the same director, Juan Carlos Cremata Malberti has made some popularity, which is Viva Cuba, but that's not half as good...

Made a huge mistake in my list though, I have left out La Strada of Federico Fellini, would be in my top 5 anytime, thus Nothing More would probably be left out...

Based on the new S&S Critics' Poll:

1) Man With a Movie Camera
2) The Passion of Joan of Arc
3) Battleship Potemkin
4) L'Atalante
5) Late Spring
6) Au Hasard Balthazar
7) Mirror
8) Ordet
8) In the Mood for Love
10) Rashomon
10) Andrei Rublev

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
War and Peace (67)
Z
Downfall
Cyrano de Bergerac
Jesus of Montreal
Festen (The Celebration)
My Father's Glory
Entr'acte
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
Ran

At least that's it this go-round.

Whoops, I completely misunderstood the purpose of the thread with my first post- those are the most acclaimed non-Hollywood films I've never seen. My favorites:

1) Fanny and Alexander
2) Last Year at Marienbad
3) Breathless
4) Persona
5) La Dolce Vita
6) The Rules of the Game
7) Cries and Whispers
8) L'Avventura
9) Ran
10) Le Samourai

Semper Fooey
Everybody is picking foreign movies. i'll stick with good old English language movies not made in Hollywood.

Carnival of Souls
Night of the Living Dead
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Thief of Bagdad
The Lady Vanishes
Lawrence of Arabia
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bridge on the River Kwai
Great Expectations

Everybody is picking foreign movies. i'll stick with good old English language movies not made in Hollywood.

Carnival of Souls
Night of the Living Dead
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Thief of Bagdad
The Lady Vanishes
Lawrence of Arabia
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bridge on the River Kwai
Great Expectations
These are the top 10 non hollywood films you have ever seen?

What's wrong with his picks? Every one of those films are either good or great. Non-Hollywood doesn't translate to just foreign.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

What's wrong with his picks? Every one of those films are either good or great. Non-Hollywood doesn't translate to just foreign.
it's not a question of right or wrong...I just wanted to know if these would be his top 10 non Hollywood films, because that's what the thread was about...

it's not a question of right or wrong...I just wanted to know if these would be his top 10 non Hollywood films, because that's what the thread was about...
Did you quote and question everyone else who provided a list in this thread?

There's only 9 of them Good picks though.

I'm just gonna pick foreign ones:

1. 8½
2. Breathless
3. Late Spring
4. Au Hasard Balthazar
5. Persona
6. Le Mepris
7. L'Avventura
8. The Bicycle Thieves
9. Spione
10. The 400 Blows

Alright, I'm going to go with non-English speaking films (except Picnic at Hanging Rock, because I know it's Australian) because I'm not sure if some of my favorites are made in Hollywood or not:

1. Spirited Away
2. Seven Samurai
3. Nights of Cabiria
4. Ran
5. Ikiru
6. Chungking Express
7. Picnic at Hanging Rock
8. Ugetsu
9. Pandora's Box
10. L'Atalante

Honorable mentions: Tokyo Story, Raise the Red Lantern, Grand Illusion, The 400 Blows

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Thief of Baghdad is Hollywood, isn't it?

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
No, it's British.
It was filmed in Hollywood. Douglas Fairbanks is in it for Christ's sake. Unless we're discussing another Thief of Bagdad here.