Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

War Horse 10/10

Goon (2012) - My buddy was praising it so I had to check it out. I believe this was one of Seann Williams Scott best performances. He had to play it low key and pulled it off well. I know next too nothing about Hockey, and don't really care for it, but learned a few things about it. If you have ever been on a team sport the messages it is trying to translate are pretty relevant across all team sports. It was very violent and pretty funny at times, but was surprised at how much heart it had. Anyways, I really enjoyed it.

I'd give it a strong 7.5/10...depends on your taste whether or not you'll like it.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind:

I was never really interested but watched it primarily due to the praise it receives. I really loved the performances and I liked the concept. I wasn't overly crazy about the end result. 6/10

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Oldboy:
Netflix only had the dubbed version which almost killed the film for me, but the over-the-top ridiculous action makes it a great escapist action film. The east knows how to do action, and how about that long take!

Rating: 3.5/5

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"

Complete hokum, the plot has more holes than a Swiss cheese, but a hugely entertaining way to spend a couple of hours with your brain switched off & your "Oh-Wow!" meter going off the scale with the CGI - thoroughly recommended

Story about my mother: The Castrating Zionist
Sunset Boulevard
The constant noirish narration grates on you after awhile, but does point out that he's (the protag) is second rate. The tracking shot as she descends the stairs at the end is cinema poetry.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Lonely Are the Brave - Poetic telling of a 19th-century type of cowboy (the excellent Kirk Douglas) who can't adapt to the lack of freedom in 1960s America. Enjoyable tale straddles the line between art and entertainment.

H.G. Wells' Things to Come. Great film from 1936. Overacted somewhat, but a good storyline and cool special effects and B+W photography from that period before CGI.