My Top 10 Overrated Films

Tools    

Yeah, I do not deny that Avatar's visuals are good, but the movie is overrated as hell.
Just who in the hell is rating Avatar anyway?

I prefer to focus on movies that I enjoy, rather than trying to s**t on movies a lot of people love.
Then the internet is not for you.

Inception

Citizen Kane - if someone would like,I will explain it further but now I'll say that this may be the best American film in 40s.But definitely not now.
The Shawshank Redemption - it's a good drama but that's it.It's not enough to get the first place in IMDB top.
Saving Private Ryan - Totally agree with first post in this thread.I really enjoy this film,cinematography and battle scenes are perfect but content is mediocre.
Inception - Well...I can't comment this since I don't understand why it's so praised.Was it the idea about dreams?

These are the first which came to my mind,maybe I'll add more.

Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption always pop up in these type of discussions and I'd agree with both. It's not that I think they are bad films, they're both good (TSS I like much more than FG) but it's just the fact that if you ask the average person (who's not so much in to films) they will tell you they're the greatest films ever.

10 Raging Bull (I did like it though just think its not a great as people put it)
9. Taxi Driver
8. A Clockwork orange
7. The Excorsist
6. Citizen Kane (might get some hate for that)
5. Halloween
4. No country for old men
3. Child's Play
2. Shawshank Redemption
1. Slumdog Millionare
What the **** was I thinking to have Ragung Bull and Clockwork on this list. Both are great movies. Mustve been thinking backwards during Arpil
I'd keep the top 5, but here's how 6-10 should've looked like

6. Gangs of new York
7. Taxi Driver
8. La Strada
9. Fearless Vampire Killers
10. Hurt Locker

I don't think anyone rates Child's Play, let alone overrates it. Taxi Driver?!?! Guess I'll just have to wait for you to check this thread out in another 6 months or so.

Agreed on Shawshank and No Country, but Halloween and Taxi Driver?

Anyways, my top five. Tear me apart as you wish

1) Fight Club
2) Platoon
3) Yi Yi
4) Memento
5) Funny Games

Haven't given mine yet... I am so gonna get hammered for this...

10. Troll Hunter
9. A Clockwork Orange
8. Super 8
7. The Sixth Sense
6. Apocalypse Now
5. Toy Story trilogy
4. Inglorious Basterds
3. Braveheart
2. The Town
1. The entire Harry Potter series. Including the books as well

^The Sixth Sense was beyond great, the first time, like Saw. Good luck in adversity, but some I agree with there, for sure.

^ No Country for Old Men did a great job of making the book into a film. Left little out, except a good bit from the hero who's McCarthy gritty 'not-it-all'ness would've made the audience care less. And Javier is character perfecto, with the phantom symbol. Coen brother's made this a real 100% movie not surprisingly somehow even thicker. Ties to Blood Meridan perfectly, horribly perfectly.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
10. Chicago
9. Star Wars
8. Napoleon Dynamite
7. Blade Runner
6. Million Dollar Baby
5. Apocalypse Now
4. Rushmore
3. Citizen Kane
2. Raging Bull
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I'm confusing Rodent with Yoda with every post now.

Suspect's Reviews

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
1. Juno
2. Avatar
3. Halloween
4. Alien
5. Watchmen
6. The Bourne Supremacy
7. The Shining
8. Bram Stoker's Dracula
9. Wild At Heart
10. Robocop (still like it, though)

Some of mine:
The Hurt Locker (good, just didn't love it)

Even though I think The Hurt Locker is overrated, like I said I still think it's good, and I think Bigelow is only going to get better. I'm highly excited for Zero Dark Thirty. I wasn't until I saw footage.

Thinking about what movies are overrated is kind of tough. I tried to come up with a list but couldn't. I guess I don't really ponder it very often.

Yeah,I didn't like a lot The Hurt Locker,too.It's a decent film but it's just that.Haven't seen it in a while though.
Oh,and Juno,too!Very overrated.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
RoooobooooCoooop!!

Why Robo?
I have to rewatch it, but the whole time I was watching, I was thinking "This is good, but I don't see what the big deal about it is."

I gave it a
and I'm definitely going to rewatch it, and I like it a helluva lot more than the other films on that list, but at the moment, I don't think it's that special.

Blade Runner
Gladiator
Inception
Saving Private Ryan
Fight Club
Blackhawk Down
A Beautiful Mind
Life is Beautiful
The English Patient
Shutter Island
Dr Strangelove
Training Day
Oldboy
Scream

All of these films have good qualities, and I can understand why some people love them. These are probably just the most popular films that I couldn't get in to.

Inception
Saving Private Ryan
Fight Club
Shutter Island
Dr Strangelove
Oldboy
Scream
All of these were in my top 100 (except Oldboy just because I watched after I completed it, but it would've been in the top 25)

I want to give Inception another try. It's impressively done but there was nothing I loved about it.

I saw Avatar at the movies, which can be difficult for me. It was amazingly visually but became too long and was ultimately torture to sit through.

Saving Private Ryan was the same problem as Avatar to me. Impressive but left me with an empty feeling. Was waiting for it to finish as it was another I saw at the cinema.

Fight Club is my favorite of the group; I'd give it 7/10 which is less than most people give it.

Shutter Island just didn't surprise or entertain me. A disappointment coming from my favorite director.

Dr Strangelove was decent but I just didn't see an all time great.

Oldboy was ok for me but I was expecting something groundbreaking and unpredictable. I didn't get that.

Scream I'd give another chance. I saw it with my wife and she didn't like it. Seeing a movie with someone who doesn't enjoy it, takes away from my enjoyment. But I think at best I would find it enjoyable.