Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Sinister

Thinking of watching The Raid tonight. Any thoughts?
Overrated, and repetitive on the verge of boredom in some bits. But saying that, still an interesting action film to watch.

I've got to watch:

Re: The Raid

Overrated, and repetitive on the verge of boredom in some bits. But saying that, still an interesting action film to watch.
Agreed. I was distinctly underwhelmed by The Raid which is really just an endless martial arts showcase full of unappealing characters, and not much else. I was seriously losing interest after the initial hall shootout with the S.W.A.T. team, and it turned into scene after scene of one man fighting twenty to thirty guys at a time. Then two guys fighting one really tough guy. For all the fan boy word of mouth it received I can't believe how average and derivative The Raid actually is. The fights are well staged if that's your thing, but that's it.

Yes I'm biased but I'd take Dredd with all it's flaws over The Raid any day. Edgy, funny, effortlessly cooler and definitely no more cliched or lacking in tension in my opinion.

Unregistered User
Re: The Raid

Agreed. I was distinctly underwhelmed by The Raid which is really just an endless martial arts showcase full of unappealing characters, and not much else. I was seriously losing interest after the initial hall shootout with the S.W.A.T. team, and it turned into scene after scene of one man fighting twenty to thirty guys at a time. Then two guys fighting one really tough guy. For all the fan boy word of mouth it received I can't believe how average and derivative The Raid actually is. The fights are well staged if that's your thing, but that's it.

Yes I'm biased but I'd take Dredd with all it's flaws over The Raid any day. Edgy, funny, effortlessly cooler and definitely no more cliched or lacking in tension in my opinion.

Not got round to watching yet, surprised by your reviews as ive only heard good things about it but nevertheless i shall give it a go.

Cheers

I'm not really expecting to like it. But Dafoe is one of my favorite actors and I like sick movies. Will report back.
You might get something out of the film Excision then, brilliant heartbreaking horror film.