Prometheus

→ in
Tools    

Creation of life on earth, and some sacrificial liquid that incited the creation process

Thought the film was watchable, no real surprises, dont really know why scott bothered making it, either do a prequel or dont. No real tension, good acting, Fassbender is always good.
Seconded

Apart from a few dodgy bits of dialogue and a few edits that looked rather odd, I thought it was an excellent addition to the series and looked absolutely beautiful on blu-ray, and those holographic parts looked stunning.

Saw this again recently as well and still feel about the same way. I'll be interested to see these all in a row as trilogies tend to stand much better together than alone nowadays. Anyway, after seeing it again I still think my
is pretty right on. Yes, there was a lot of good stuff, but there was a LOT of pretty over-the-top stuff too which has all been pointed out in this thread already. And when we're looking at this film in the long run I think it goes down as what it is; probably the weakest link in a trilogy.

either do a prequel or dont.
no way
Prequels are predictable... like The Thing 2011
i'm glad we got this

honestly everything in Prometheus was a surprise for me, besides what was shown in the trailers. I didn't know who would live or die or anything. and it had an awesome science fiction ending I never saw coming. All great science fiction should end in a crazy bizarre set up.
plus i really dug the characters

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

honestly everything in Prometheus was a surprise for me, besides what was shown in the trailers. I didn't know who would live or die or anything. and it had an awesome science fiction ending I never saw coming. All great science fiction should end in a crazy bizarre set up.
plus i really dug the characters
Pretty much had the opposite reaction to you.

Knew who would die, knew how it would end and nothing really felt fresh or original. It was kinda stale.

But it looks gorgeous.

Suspect's Reviews

You couldn't have known unless you saw spoilers
or predicted that ending set up

all the fake "leaked" script I saw early on had Vickers as the only survivor..or Shaw and Vickers being trapped on the planet together with giant xenos rising in the distance..or everyone dying etc

when I was watching the film I totally thought she was going to remove the helmet and commit suicide !!

No, it's pretty generic to have the lead female be the lone survivor....just look at ALIEN.
The SETUP destination was not generic
and I don't believe for A SECOND you expected her to say that at the end

also you can call literally every film generic that way, because there are only two human sexes.. haha

How was she not suppose to make it to the end? She is basically Prometheus' version of Ripley.

Are you pulling my leg, or do you seriously believe that?

She didn't act anything like Ripley. Ripley was all about self preservation and quarantine. If anything Vickers acted like Ripley.

Shaw is all about discovery, and you ignored the question
You didn't expect her to make that choice at the end, did you?

Don't act like you predicted that. I didn't think "you know who" would survive either
especially since we saw him decapitated in some stills.

I thought Weyland or Holloway would turn into the Space Jockey. Vickers would return home, and Shaw was going to die.

also Ripley was supposed to die in Alien until the studio changed Scott's ending plans. She dies in #3.
and a bunch of clones of her die in #4. So Ripley dies many times.

Also David lives
so not a lone survivor

I guess we could count Jonesy the cat too for Alien

The only thing I did not expect, was her to bring David with her on her journey to discover their home planet.

I expected everyone to die, except her.

Once I saw the giant "facehugger" on the Engineer, I figured it would create something. I actually hated that part, it felt too forced.

I was surprised by a few things: Mainly the stupidity of the characters.

I don't care how many times Ripley dies in the other films. That has nothing to do with the point I originally made. All you're saying with that comment is that Shaw will eventually die in the inevitable sequels.

She did act like Ripley when the poo hit the fan.

She acted nothing like Ripley.

Ripley was all about self preservation, while Shaw risks her life to find things out. And of course you realized a facehugger would birth something.. Watch the Final Battle deleted scene. It gives a lot more to it.

The characters were no more unintelligent than those from the Alien films. It's easy to say that in RETROSPECT.

Glad you finally admitted to not predicting the ending though. I knew you didn't.

One thing I need in a science fiction is a crazy unexpected ending primes setup for the sequel. And that is exactly what Prometheus and all god science fictions deliver on.

I think Final Battle may be my favourite scene in the film
basically a 6 minute stalking/cat and mouse thing in the Lifepod

a shame it got deleted
I feel the entire scene has the tension of the first ALIEN.

I just watched it and what did I take out of it? Faith

Glad you finally admitted to not predicting the ending though. I knew you didn't.
Huh? You're not reading it correctly. The only thing I DID NOT EXPECT was her bringing David with her. That was it. How is that not expecting the entire ending?

that's what she said...
I really liked it... I don't think I posted yet on this thread. I watched it sometime last month after putting it off for so long. The only reason I put it off was because close friends of mine who saw it in theaters said they were so dissapointed and that it wasnt worth seeing... but on a boring day with nothing better to do I watched it and I really loved it. Then I had to watch the original right after!! lol, I mean, the original is still the best but Prometheus was a pretty good intoduction. There was a few things I wish they had added at the end to make a better transition into the original, but it was still good as a movie itself.

^ I'd written of Prometheus, but not directly on this page. I much agree, good flick. It did well in the loose ends from the original; I believe many people were either unsure of, or dissappointed in the way it shifted the premise, into the cerebral epic unknown of unknowns. I personally dug it, bleek enough to appeal to the likes of me. I'd recommend it to most. During the promotion, much talk from the director/producers went into continuing with this prequel along a fresh and rebirth-like re-opening in the series, but when considering its not entire success, this might be unlikely. When I seriously think about this film, it brings to a shrill the point of the alien series, only adding a more familiar face.

Finished here. It's been fun.
This film really dissapointed me. I remember when we first got some trailers for it. It..looked..insane. Ridley Scott making a triumphant return to sci-fi I thought, how cool is that. The movie was just a slightly above average sci-fi action flick. I am very worried for Blade Runner. Very worried. Ridley Scott has lost it.