When did the twist of The Sixth Sense become common knowledge? Same with Fight Club?

Tools    

OBVIOUSLY THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE

Everyone knows the twist of The Sixth Sense and quite a few know it for Fight Club. How do spoilers become public knowledge?

Semper Fooey
After a while they become folklore. Same with Psycho.

But the secret is well kept I think during the first release. I think I saw Sixth Sense in a cheapie theater and I didn't know what the twist was except there was one.

I didn't know the twist with the Sixth Sense. Also, fight club I give it

I guess it just comes with references in other films. The Sixth Sense I know the twist but I've never actually seen it. Fight Club I had heard and it's kind of predictable.

Psycho I'd never heard of the twist, of course I'd heard of the shower scene though.

I knew of both the endings of Fight Club & Sixth Sense even before seeing them.
Mostly by people who go "Oh man, you have to see this film, what an ending!.."

As usual spoilers don't ruin movies for me.. But these movies are more well known for their twist endings.
I am glad movies like Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? don't come with that sort of popularity.

As far as The Sixth Sense, the arsehole David Letterman spoiled it for me. And when it comes to The Fight Club, it was based on Hesse's Demian which I'd read ages ago. Enjoyed them both despite these small setbacks.

I've known the twists for most films, including the two mentioned in here, before seeing them unfortunately(a few by strangers standing in queues talking about the film...). The last film I saw where I didn't know anything about the ending was The Orphanage, and so glad I didn't know.

With Sixth Sense, I saw the adverts for it with the kid saying he sees dead people... then at the start of actually watching the movie and seeing what happens to Willis, I knew immediately what was going to happen at the end. Most transparent movie ever next to Avatar.

Fight Club though, I didn't know about it till it happened. Good twist too.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
With Sixth Sense, I saw the adverts for it with the kid saying he sees dead people... then at the start of actually watching the movie and seeing what happens to Willis, I knew immediately what was going to happen at the end.
I must be pretty slow, as I didn't see the twist coming at all (ditto with Fight Club)

One I did see coming a mile away was the one in Shyamalan's 'The Village'; that one virtually had a guy running ahead of it with a red flag, wearing a sandwich board

I didn't guess the Sixth Sense twist ending when I first saw it, either. I think I faked acting like I guessed the ending because other people I saw it with said they saw it coming -- "OH, yes! I saw that coming, too!" -- but I really didn't see it coming.

Same with Fight Club. Although, the twist in Fight Club didn't really surprise me that much for some reason. To me, the movie was so odd that I was just like... okay, I'll go with this.

It was the trailer that spoiled it for me like I said...

... saw the trailer yonks before I saw the film... then put two and two together when I was watching the beginning of the film...

... simple maths really.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The internet rehashes things endlessly, especially when they have epic lines like "I see dead people", that's why I go on media blackout for films I am really looking forward to.

As usual spoilers don't ruin movies for me.. But these movies are more well known for their twist endings.
I am glad movies like Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? don't come with that sort of popularity.
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf is twice the film Fight Club or The Sixth Sense is. I've watched it multiple times now and it remains an unforgiving masterpiece with some of the best dialogue and performances ever. Fight Club and The Sixth Sense, I get the feeling they become slightly less good on each additional viewing.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf is twice the film Fight Club or The Sixth Sense is. I've watched it multiple times now and it remains an unforgiving masterpiece with some of the best dialogue and performances ever. Fight Club and The Sixth Sense, I get the feeling they become slightly less good on each additional viewing.
I completely agree that it's a great film, great film and play. Burton and Taylor are top-notch, especially Burton as the pathetique lost opportunity husband. I love his Night of The Iguana equally.

Semper Fooey
Although a good one, Who's' Afraid of... is not dependenent on its twist ending as the other two. It was based on a popular play so there were plenty of people who saw it who already knew how it was going to end. The Sixth Sense and Fight Club are more trick films; you are not seeing what you think you're seeing.

Hey Daniel!!!

WARNING: "Virginia Woolf" spoilers below

There's a twist at the end!

Semper Fooey
We didn't say what it was.

I suspect you won't figure it out if you haven't already watched it.