UK video nasties!

Tools    

La La La,... ok still on a bit of a "crass film" bender... moving swiftly away from zombies (thanks for that, ohh spooky) and now onto Video Nastys!!!.... The law has changed in the UK in recent years meaning re-releases, Yeahhh!!!! i've included a list of all the orginal titles... only thing is! gosh! were shall i start? anyone seen any? which ones should i avoid? Help me PEOPLE! im want to take a **** hot one round to my bfs next week! oh ive got i spit on your grave on my love film already!
  • Absurd(original/alternate titles: Rosso Sangue, Anthropophagus 2 — released with 2m 32s cut in 1983, though it was withdrawn post VRA, and has never been re-submitted for classification)
  • The Anthropophagous Beast (original title: Antropophagus — released with approximately 3m of pre-cuts as "The Grim Reaper" in 2002)
  • Axe! (original title: Lisa, Lisa — re-released uncut in 2005)
  • The Beast in Heat (original title: La bestia in Calore) (Banned outright)
  • The Beyond (original title: E tu vivrai nel terrore - L'Aldilà — re-released uncut in 2001)
  • Blood Feast (re-released uncut in 2005)
  • Blood rites (original title: The Ghastly Ones) (Banned outright)
  • Bloody Moon (original title: Die Säge des Todes — released with 1m 20s cut in 1993, released uncut November 2008)
  • The Boogeyman (original title: The Boogeyman — re-released uncut in 2000)
  • The Burning (re-released uncut in 2001)
  • Cannibal Apocalypse (original title: Apocalypse Domani — released with 2s cut in 2005)
  • Cannibal Ferox (alternate title: Make them Die Slowly. released with approximately 5m of pre-cuts plus 6s of additional cuts in 2000)
  • Cannibal Holocaust(released in 2001 with 5m 44s cut to remove all scenes of animal cruelty)
  • Cannibal Man (original title: La Semana del Asesino — released with 3s cut in 1993)
  • Cannibal Terror (original title: Terror Caníbal — released uncut in 2003)
  • Contamination(released uncut in 2004 with a 15 rating)
  • Dead & Buried (re-released uncut in 2004)
  • Death Trap (original title: Eaten Alive — re-released uncut in 2000)
  • Deep River Savages (original/alternate title: Il paese del sesso selvaggio, Man from Deep River. — released with 3m 45s cut in 2003)
  • Delirium (released with 16s cut in 1987)( was also called psycho puppet)
  • Devil Hunter (original title: Il cacciatore di uomini) (Passed uncut November 2008)
  • Don't Go In The House (released with 3m 7s cut in 1987)
  • Don't Go in the Woods(released uncut in 2007)
  • Don't Go Near the Park (released uncut in 2006)
  • Don't Look in the Basement (original title: The Forgotten — released uncut in 2005 with a 15 rating)
  • The Dorm That Dripped Blood — re-released with 10s cut in 2001) (Alternate title: Pranks)
  • The Driller Killer(released with cuts in 1999 - re-released uncut in 2002)
  • The Evil Dead(re-released uncut in 2001)
  • Evilspeak (re-released uncut in 1999)
  • Exposé(re-released with approximately 30s cut in 2006)
  • Faces of Death (released with 2m 19s cut in 2003)
  • Fight For Your Life (Banned outright)
  • Flesh for Frankenstein (re-released uncut in 2006) (Alternate title: Andy Warhol's Frankenstein
  • Forest of Fear (original title: Bloodeaters) (Banned outright)
  • Frozen Scream (Banned outright)
  • The Funhouse (released uncut in 1987)
  • Gestapo's Last Orgy (original title: L'ultima orgia del III Reich) (Banned outright)
  • The House by the Cemetery(original title: Quella villa accanto al cimitero — re-released with 33s cut in 2001)
  • House on the Edge of the Park (original title: La casa sperduta nel parco — released with 11m 43s cut in 2002)
  • Human Experiments (released with 26s cut in 1994)
  • I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses (released with 1m 6s cut in 1986)
  • I Spit On Your Grave (original title: Day of the Woman — released with 7m 2s cut in 2001)
  • Inferno (re-released with 20s cut in 1993)
  • Island of Death (original title: Ta Pedhia tou dhiavolou — released with 4m 9s cut in 2002)
  • Killer Nun (original title: Suor Omicidi — re-released uncut in 2006)
  • The Last House on the Left (passed uncut on the 17th March, 2008)
  • Late Night Trains (original title: L'ultimo treno della notte — released uncut in 2008)
  • Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (original title: Non si deve profanare il sonno dei morti — re-released uncut in 2002)
  • Love Camp 7(refused a certificate in 2002) (Banned outright)
  • There Was a Little Girl (1981 film) (UK title: Madhouse - released uncut in 2004)
  • Mardi Gras Massacre (Banned outright)
  • Night of the Bloody Apes (original title: La Horripilante bestia humana — released with approximately 1m of pre-cuts in 1999)
  • Night of the Demon (released with 1m 41s cut in 1994)
  • Nightmare Maker (Banned outright)
  • Nightmare in a Damaged Brain (re-released with pre-cuts in 2005)(Alternate title: Nightmare)
  • Possession (released uncut in 1999)
  • Prisoner of the Cannibal God (original title: La montagna del dio cannibale — released with 2m 6s cut in 2001)
  • Revenge of the Bogey Man (original title: Boogeyman II — released with additional footage in 2003)
  • Shogun Assassin (re-released uncut in 1999)
  • The Slayer(re-released uncut in 2001)
  • Snuff(Passed Uncut in 2003, however it has not been re-released)
  • SS Experiment Camp(original title: Lager SSadis Kastrat Kommandantur — released uncut in 2005)
  • Tenebrae (original title: Tenebre — re-released uncut in 2003)
  • Terror Eyes (original title: Night School — released with 1m 16s cut in 1987)[8]
  • The Toolbox Murders (released with 1m 46s cut in 2000)
  • Twitch of the Death Nerve (original title: Reazione a catena — released with 43s cut in 1994) (2 alternate titles: Bay Of Blood, Carnage)
  • Unhinged (released uncut in 2004)
  • Visiting Hours (released with approximately 2m cut in 1986)
  • The Werewolf and the Yeti (original title: La Maldición de la bestia) (Banned outright)
  • The Witch Who Came From the Sea (released uncut in 2006)
  • Women Behind Bars (original French title: Des diamants pour l'enfer) (Banned outright)
  • Xtro (released uncut in 1987)
  • Zombie Creeping Flesh (original title: Virus — released uncut in 2002)
  • Zombie Flesh Eaters (original title: Zombi 2 — re-released uncut in 2005) (alternate title: Zombie)

• The Beyond (original title: E tu vivrai nel terrore - L'Aldilà — re-released uncut in 2001)
  • Blood Feast (re-released uncut in 2005)
  • Bloody Moon (original title: Die Säge des Todes — released with 1m 20s cut in 1993, released uncut November 2008)
  • The Burning (re-released uncut in 2001)
  • The Evil Dead(re-released uncut in 2001)
  • The Last House on the Left (passed uncut on the 17th March, 2008)
  • Tenebrae (original title: Tenebre — re-released uncut in 2003)
  • The Toolbox Murders (released with 1m 46s cut in 2000)
  • Xtro (released uncut in 1987)
  • Zombie Creeping Flesh (original title: Virus — released uncut in 2002)
  • Zombie Flesh Eaters (original title: Zombi 2 — re-released uncut in 2005) (alternate title: Zombie)
I'd say any of those are absolute must sees for the horror lovers amongst us. I'd also recommend checking out Nightmare in a Damaged Brain, though it's certainly not for everyone. Not because it's particularly horrific or anything, just that it's... Well... Not normal.

Also, of the films that are still cut, I'm pretty sure you can get all of them from the States without any cuts. Obviously you'll have to make sure your dvd player plays R1 discs but, if not, it's a pretty simple case of finding a hack on line for your particular make and model.

For those who haven't heard the term, the term 'video nasty' was coined in the 1980's. It refers to 72 horror films that were banned in Britain for their explicit violence. Because there was no real regulation for the content of videos, it meant that filmmakers did not have to face the cuts that the British Board of Film Censors would have imposed on the films in order for them to get a cinema release.

This gives a better overview of the whole thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_n...nity_and_video

What are your views on the films and the debate itself?

The Driller Killer's supposed to be a famous one. I think quite a few of them involved a lot of violent rape- some apparantly involved real-life animal cruelty- so be warned.

Also, of the films that are still cut, I'm pretty sure you can get all of them from the States without any cuts.
I remember getting the uncut version of I Spit on Your Grave from America while it was still not avaliable at all here in Britain when I was going through a phase of watching banned/gory films.

I remember getting the uncut version of I Spit on Your Grave from America while it was still not avaliable at all here in Britain when I was going through a phase of watching banned/gory films.
I'd need to check the BBFC website, but I think I Spit On Your Grave is still missing a couple minutes over here. It says uncut, but I think it's the uncut theatrical version, which, itself, had two plus minutes cut.