Top 100: The Rodent

→ in
Tools    

Well, I've got a Review Thread... and I've done a Top 94 based on my non-biased reviews...

... so here's my own Personal Top 100, based on my own personal preferences and favourites. I've got a feeling that they all appear in my Reviews Thread at some point as well.

Taken me a few weeks to get through it all, but thanks to my new 'pooter I've been able to finish it and get it all listed and ready for the forum.
You also may have noticed that my Favourite Movies List has been deleted from my profile... to keep you wondering what my Top 10 will be

I'll put up 3 per post until I get to the Top 10 then go for one per post... first up then:

100: Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of
The Sith

2005. Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, Ian McDiarmid.

99: Lake Placid

1999. Bill Pullman, Bridget Fonda, Brendan Gleeson, Oliver Platt.

98: Silent Hill

2006. Radha Mitchell, Laurie Holden, Alice Krige, Sean Bean.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Fairly poor start I must say.

Cheers MV! They do get better though. A lot of my favourites could be called guilty pleasures and they're movies that most will be thinking "Eh?" but hey, they're my personals...

... they definitely do get better though.

^ That's the way it should be. Personal lists aren't about what's popular or well-respected. They're about what that particular person likes. Other people's opinions be damned.

Someone neg repped you for that? Wow, I'll only if the post is spam or really offensive or idiotic, not if it's just a different opinion. Aren't we supposed to be having interesting discussions about these things rather than making snap judgments/condemning personal and subjective points of view?

and yeah, much.

Someone neg repped you for a top 100? I never neg rep during movie discussions (except accidentally as Rodent knows), let alone a top 100 or a movie review. Those are truly all opinions that can differ amongst different people. I just think its retarded that someone would negative rep on a top 100

Ok, 3 more for now... then I'm going to bed. It's 4:30am...

97: Saving Private Ryan

1998. Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, Barry Pepper.

96: K-PAX

2001. Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges, David Patrick Kelly, Mary McCormack

95: Godzilla

1998. Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno, Maria Pitillo, Hank Azaria.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Lake Placid is a fun film, and I do like Godzilla as well.

94: True Grit

2010. Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Hailee Steinfeld.

93: Short Circuit

1986. Ally Sheedy, Steve Guttenberg, Fisher Stevens, Tim Blaney.

92: Die Hard 2: Die Harder

1990. Bruce Willis, Bonnie Bedelia, William Sadler, Dennis Franz.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It wasn't me who neg repped you btw for the first 3.

Good choices for 5 of the last 6 anyway.

Godzilla is a piece of trash though.

ShortCircuit is a childhood fav of mine, classic!

I've had a look to see who negged me... seeing who it was makes me think it may have been a mistake... won't say who though, just in case it wasn't a mistake
Up to them though, if that's their opinion onmy favourites fair enough

Cheers though Gandalf... as I said, they do get better

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Was hoping you would do an actual top 100 list and had been meaning to mention it to you recently. Oh yeah and 'personal' lists are definitely the best. How boring would it be if every list was just an AFI clone?

Anyway of what you've listed so far I like/really like Lake Placid, Die Hard 2, Godzilla (decent fun) and True Grit (though I thought it would be better). I love Saving Private Ryan, and would have said the same of K-Pax and Short Circuit in the past but it's been so long since I've seen them that I don't know if I'd still feel the same way.

Looking forward to the rest.